Split from: Official Hammond B-3X Wish List!

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Re: Split from: Official Hammond B-3X Wish List!

Postby t.weindl » Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:08 pm

I am running the Hammond plugin within Gig Performer, runs very smooth.
t.weindl

Postby charles.newcomb » Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:39 am

I have a win 10 intel 4.2 gh I7 7700 32gb PC running Pro Tools 19.6 . The audio engine is asio and has 14 gb allocated. 24bit / 48K. AAX plugin. The cpu load is 30 - 40 % during playback. 50% w/ the gui open and 60 to 100 % while recording. I had the old B4 and B4-2 products and never had a problem but they are 32 bit and rtas not AAX.
I see many are having extreme CPU loads and you REALLY need to address this for all platforms soon.
Make that paper but do it right!
charles.newcomb

Postby ZeroZero1 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:52 pm

The asterisk! Next to the name of the preset is an asterisk. This only appears when a setting is altered - thus "Jimmy Smith" preset will appear, as soon as a setting is changed it becomes "*Jimmy Smith". This is helpful, but the asterisk appears when the SWELL pedal is moved. Surely this should be excluded? It makes no sense otherwise.

Really enjoying the organ - best VST yet.
ZeroZero1

Postby jroggie » Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:03 pm

I'd like to see a button that inverts the drawbar cc data to send 127-0 instead of 0-127, for increased compatibility with different keyboards. All of the competing software B3's have this feature. The demo sounds great, but I can't purchase without this feature.
jroggie

Postby ZeroZero1 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:16 pm

A way to use a single keyboard so that both manuals of the stand alone can be used.
ZeroZero1

Several practical problems with midi set-up sadly?

Postby 9blackoranges » Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:56 pm

Hi,

Downloaded the B-3X software fro evaluation before purchase. Really like the sounds very authentic but the practical issues around its midi integration is a problem:-

1. SEPARATE TRANSPOSE FUNCTIONS NEEDED ON EACH MANUAL NOT ONE OVERALL AND FOR TWO OCTAVES.

It is almost impractical to use it with one keyboard split into 2 sections to reproduce top and bottom Hammond manuals....

The left hand half is then to low to play chords as they are two 'bass'. If i raise the left half by one or two octaves by using the transpose function on my own keyboard it works on the sounds on my own keyboard rising them but transmits the original/actual keys octave to the Hammond software.

Yes, there is a transpose function in your software but this shifts all keys on all manuals making the upper manual too high?

There needs to be a transpose separate transpose function for each of the 3 manuals top, bottom and pedals! It needs to be able to transpose up/down upto 2 octaves, not just one max.

2. A MEANS TO ISOLATE THE BLACK PRESET KEYS IS NEEDED

I keep using the lowest keys on my 61 note keyboard when I split it into 2 or 3 sections to utilise the 3 Hammond manuals and this means i press the black preset keys and switch the whole sound settings -very annoying!

There needs to be a way of disabling these keys to stop this happening by accident as they re obviously all white on my keyboard!!

3. UNABLE TO USE IT AS A MULTI-MANUAL IN MY DAW AS IT SEEMS TO BE MERGING ALL 3 MIDI INPUT CHANNELS INTO PLAYING JUST ONE/TOP MANUAL ONLY?

If i use it stand alone i can use all 3 midi channels and all 3 manuals ( subject to the tassels mentioned above) but via Ableton DAW only seem to use it as a single manual organ as all 3 midi channels going into one track of the DAW merges the into one signal to one Hammond manual. I am still working on this but don't think its going to work?

Running it 3 times in 3 separate tracks of the DAW is not practical and CPU struggles a bit with just one loading. Have run it stand alone and the DAW separately but not practical.

I play along with backing tracks on my DAW or on my Roland FA-06 workstation. The organ sound on the Roland are rubbish - hence the Hammond software was my salvation_ I had hoped?

4. INCLUDE A "BLOCK ALL" CC MESSAGES OPTION-INTERFERENCE TO HAMMOND SOUND FROM BACKING TRACKS ON THE WORKSTATION KEYBOARD?

As I mentioned i play along with backing midi-tracks on my workstation but when i do this it is somehow transmitting other signals via midi to the Hammond software and making the sound awful?? I am only using songs which don't have any pre-recorded midi data on tracks 1,2 and 3 ( using these for the live play with the Hammond). Trying to eliminate the causes. Found one big issue, something was transmitting cc1 and triggering the Leslie to go fast/slow every few seconds. I have changed its CC number and that cause has stoped.I will keep looking.

Hmm, like the sound but lots of issues make it a real headache to use practically without getting a twin manual/foot pedals midi capable set-up or just use its as a single manual Hammond ability? The jury is out.
9blackoranges

Postby t.weindl » Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:13 am

What VST Host do you use in live situations?
t.weindl

Postby ZeroZero1 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:39 pm

If you guys have not tried the presets, they are truly excellent. One can learn a lot from studying these
ZeroZero1

Postby spitfire31 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:41 pm

A latch function for switching the Leslie between chorale/tremolo with a CC 64 pedal is urgently needed!

With 'latch' I mean, hit the pedal once switches to tremolo; next time I hit it, switches back to chorale.

VB3 II has it, GG Blue has it, B-5 has it, PSP l'Otary has it. My Logic Pro B3 emu has it.

And guess what? The IKM separate Leslie plug-in has it!

B-3X needs it ASAP.

Kind regards,

Joachim
spitfire31

Postby DarkStar » Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:11 pm

Maybe IK Multimedia could consider an iRig Hammond Keys MIDI Keyboard controller ;)

Or
http://forums.musicplayer.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/2366465/Dave_s_excellent_Hammond_midi_

----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby pammel » Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:03 am

Must have: reduce CPU usage

Nice to have: Previous/Next-Preset Buttons

THANKS
pammel

Postby JonBlanckMusic » Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:09 pm

Sustain please!! With sugar on top!

I'm so incredibly happy with the sound of this plugin but so disappointed that there is no support for a sustain pedal. Please please please tell me that this will be added in a future update. I depend on that sustain pedal for the way I play. Especially when I'm playing multiple sounds on multiple keyboards. I am also not a trained organist and I depend on the sustain for smooth transitions between chord voicings.

I know that a real organ doesn't have sustain but EVERY other organ plugin has this functionality. It would be smart to keep up with the competition. I will have to switch to B-5 by UVI for many situations because of the lack of a sustain.

If users are purists and they don't like the sustain function, they can simply turn it off.
JonBlanckMusic

Postby dougs.ik » Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:54 pm

I'm also a Cantabile user so I can use it to accomplish these two issues but figured I would request since these are "standard" Hammond VST features:

1. Option to reverse the drawbars.
2. Option to use sustain pedal to switch Leslie from Chorale to Tremolo and back
dougs.ik

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:45 pm

dougs.ik wrote:1. Option to reverse the drawbars.

Hammond B-3X provides the inverted drawbar settings keys (same as the original hardware). If you just want to change drawbar settings, you press one of the inverted keys at the left, and the change is instantaneous, just like on the original hardware. You can have 24 totally customizable drawbar settings per preset.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby davidk8889 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:03 am

Hello !

B-3x is a wonderful plugin !

Please allow option to use a sustain pedal ! And more presets please !

Thanks
davidk8889

PreviousNext

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More