Split from: Official Hammond B-3X Wish List!

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Re: Split from: Official Hammond B-3X Wish List!

Postby dougs.ik » Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:27 pm

Hi Peter_ik,

I'm actually requesting an option to modify the drawbar controller (cc20 for example) so when I pull the drawbar on my Axiom 61 from 1 to 8 the drawbar assigned in B3X also goes from 1 to 8. It is doing the opposite now (8 to 1). It would be a global option that affects all the drawbar controllers.

Thanks
dougs.ik

Postby PerryD » Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:13 pm

Trying the 10 day demo. Beautiful B3 emulation! CPU isn't as bad in Studio One 4.54 as reported elsewhere. loading the GUI graphic does take at least twice as long as any of my other vst's including Modo Bass, Modo Drum, AmpliTube 4 or Syntronik. I would also like to see a sustain pedal (B3 blasphemy). Since we can't use a knee to activate a Leslie switch, it would really be helpful in a midi environment.
PerryD

Postby JonBlanckMusic » Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:42 pm

Looks like that sustain pedal is a hot topic.
JonBlanckMusic

Postby davidk8889 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:44 pm

Yes ! We want sustain please !!! :D
davidk8889

Postby midilance@mac.com » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:47 pm

Regarding using a switch or pedal to change leslie speeds. It needs to have the option of reversing polarity. Also, I use a KORG O1/W pro for a midi controller.. It's modulation lever is spring loaded so when it springs back to the center the speed also goes back to slow. So I guess it's momentary. I'd like switching option of momentary or toggle to satisfy needs and usage.
midilance@mac.com

Postby Gabpianiste » Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:23 pm

Hi,
Please put the option to assign CC64 to sustain! I need this to be the perfect Organ plugin! :D
Gabpianiste

Postby jduncan1 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:38 pm

Amazing sounding program:

1) CPU usage (Windows 10) is way too high. Tech support gave me a canned answer about how detailed the modeling is, etc. I can appreciate that, but it also needs to run well on our systems. It is pretty much unusable on my system in a real world working example of a mix. As a stand-alone player, it is amazing, but in Cubase as a VSTi plugin, it brings my system to its knees.

2) More presets would be nice. I never use them as-is, but for an amateur Hammond player, I need all the help I can get on starting points.

(Did I mention CPU usage is an issue?)
jduncan1

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:29 pm

That still sounds like a technical issue, please keep this to feature requests as it is a wishlist post.

My Windows 10 installation is absolutely usable, runs like butter (I use Cubase too). The realism is indeed a factor for why it may run slower on older systems etc as physical modeling is an advanced set of instructions to run thus would require more modern and powerful CPUs if you are looking to run many instances or similar.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby thomas0906 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:40 pm

Hi IKM

My equipment: Win10x64, ASIO driver, Reaper DAW, Yamaha Genos

Here are my wishes:

1. I would like to have more user program change presets. Switchable with a midi bank select command.
Bank1: 0-127 presets Bank2: 0-127 presets ...

2. I need "OFF;1-16" for the midi channels for upper, lower, pedal.
Sometimes I only need the upper manual and the other channels for other things.

3. CPU time consumption is high and loading for presets and for the GUI in the DAW is very long time. Could be better.

4. Transpose should be for upper, lower, pedal separated and savable with the presets.

5. The MIDI configurations and setting should be saved with the presets.
I have to change them for direct play, DAW midi play, DAW direct play, standalone play and other purposes witg different MIDI Equipment.

Everything else is very fine and I have been looking for such a sound for a long time.

Thomas
thomas0906

Postby zimmerxyz » Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:09 pm

Its a shame there's - again - no presets Exchange, see ampli 4, modo drums, so sad
zimmerxyz

Postby Drawbar » Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:24 pm

1) Transpose should be optional for each manual separately (dependent on MIDI CHANNEL), not global.

2) When NOTE ON & sustain pedal down, then NOTE OFF + NOTE ON, the note should keep playing even AFTER sustain pedal comes up. This is how it is implemented in other B3 clone vsti’s that I have played (Vintage Organs,VB3, B5..).

3) Sustain would be much more useful, if it were optional for each manual separately (dependent on MIDI CHANNEL), not global.
Drawbar

Postby Ryan_IK » Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:31 pm

Drawbar wrote:1) Transpose should be optional for each manual separately (dependent on MIDI CHANNEL), not global.

2) When NOTE ON & sustain pedal down, then NOTE OFF + NOTE ON, the note should keep playing even AFTER sustain pedal comes up. This is how it is implemented in other B3 clone vsti’s that I have played (Vintage Organs,VB3, B5..).

3) Sustain would be much more useful, if it were optional for each manual separately (dependent on MIDI CHANNEL), not global.

We appreciate your interest in the Transpose function for each manual.

Sustain is implemented in a way to be accessed by each MIDI Channel appropriately, this is not global. Please make sure to update to version 1.1.1 from your User Area -> My Products section of your IK Multimedia account.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/userarea/my-products/

The Sustain Pedal is designed in a way to make sense with the logic of an original Hammond B3. Since the keys are simply opening the gate for notes to come through, a sustain would allow these to remain open, but re-sending the same message would not trigger another note, as this would go outside of how a real Hammond B3 would work. I will however pass your comments to the team.

thomas0906 wrote:Hi IKM

My equipment: Win10x64, ASIO driver, Reaper DAW, Yamaha Genos

Here are my wishes:

1. I would like to have more user program change presets. Switchable with a midi bank select command.
Bank1: 0-127 presets Bank2: 0-127 presets ...

2. I need "OFF;1-16" for the midi channels for upper, lower, pedal.
Sometimes I only need the upper manual and the other channels for other things.

3. CPU time consumption is high and loading for presets and for the GUI in the DAW is very long time. Could be better.

4. Transpose should be for upper, lower, pedal separated and savable with the presets.

5. The MIDI configurations and setting should be saved with the presets.
I have to change them for direct play, DAW midi play, DAW direct play, standalone play and other purposes witg different MIDI Equipment.

Everything else is very fine and I have been looking for such a sound for a long time.

Thomas

Thanks for your interests in Preset banks, MIDI configurations, Transpose, and your other comments.

I'd like to make a suggestion for your Point 2. To shut off a manual, try turning off all of the drawbars associated with that manual. This will effectively mute that manual.

For your point 3, please contact support for suggestions on system usage. If your issue is with the GUI taking long to appear, this may be GPU related. The team would have more information on this topic.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby Drawbar » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:30 am

Hi Ryan, you are right, sustain message is already local according to midi channel. That’s well, my mistake.
About the other thing, I understand the goal of honouring how the original instruments work.B3’s did not have sustain pedals to worry about. Some people used toothpics etc. instead :-) . Implementing sustain in digital B3’s is already unorthodox from a certain viewpoint. Nowadays people playing synths etc. have accustomed to the behaviour that as long as any note is down – whatever before happened – it plays without awkward stops caused by releasing the sustain pedal.

...Btw that is how it is implemented in B3 hardware clone Viscount Legend too, and I'm sure Joey does not mind. :-)
Drawbar

Postby michaelhuisman » Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:01 pm

about sustain pedal behavior:

my request would be to implement the same as others have done. [mod redacted: rules] Your's in the only one in the bunch that reacts to sustain messages as it does. Your's also sounds likely best, but requires me to play differently than the others, and doesn't play well in a layer in a live setting.

I can't prescribe how you would want to implement this, that's up to you, but the current implementation in v1.1.1 is stopping me from featuring B-3X.
michaelhuisman

Postby d_dion123 » Sat Dec 28, 2019 2:37 am

I have the same ask about the sustain. I bought B-3X for my IPad and had the same issue so I wrote to support before looking at this forum.

I hope you fix this issue even if it was intented to work this way. I had an xk3c and the sustain was working like my current Nord Stage 3.

Hopefully, we’ll have an updated for this.

Regards

Dan
d_dion123

PreviousNext

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More