B3-X latency issue

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Re: B3-X latency issue

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:26 pm

You don't need a serial number for a support ticket. The info button next to the field explains this.

If you don't see the product listed, you can choose another and note it in your ticket message. EDIT: It is there. Under Computer Products -->: Virtual Instrument --> Hammond B-3X. https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/

Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby ZeroZero1 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:05 pm

Thank you for your efforts Darkstar. I had already tried both of these processes. Newither work and teh app "Asio control panel" is not on my system. I have tried reinstalation of driver and even a install of windows (without scrapping programs) . No luck.
All other music apps (hundreds) seem to be working OK, my Audio device appears to function just no option to change Asio.

I believe I also have a second fault - with the Hammond. I cannot even get as far as selecting Asio, it just crashes the organ. Symptoms are: Load the trial version of B-3x. Go to settings, in the "Technology" box select Asio (currently on Windows Audio). When selected, nothing happens for a three second interval then the app closes down. When opened back, it is still showing Windows Audio.
ZeroZero1

Postby ZeroZero1 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:24 pm

Also, if I simply open the organ, play it (with unacceptable latency) and tehn close it, using the x button on top right, it crashes
ZeroZero1

Postby ThomasKorthals » Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:22 pm

I have the same problem with a Presonus Audiobox USB96.
I let run the B3-X in demo mode. I also want to buy the software, when it runs with low latency.
In the setup menu of the B3-X the lowest sample rate is 256. When I go to the the setup menu of the Audiobox I can go down to 128 or 64, but then there is no audio anymore.
Greetings Thomas
ThomasKorthals

Postby ZeroZero1 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:04 pm

In a weird way, I am glad it's just not me. However I hope you get it solves ASAP
ZeroZero1

Postby ZeroZero1 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:28 am

I have found a solution but also more problems. First my Audio device can set its buffer size using a menu available in the bottom rhs, menu makred F. This was not the issue.

Problem 1: When Asio was selected in BG-3x settings, the whole app dissapears. When rel;oaded Asio is still not connected.
In order to try another Asio I downloaded Asio for all. This worked.
I can now select Asio (just not with the Focusrite Asio) in "Technology", very strangely, then, in "Output device, I can then select Focusrite USB Audio. I can set the buffer size down to 64 and get no latency.
2nd problem: However I still have problems closing the application. When I click on the X in top right, the app greys out tghen crashes.

Third problem: I opened the Interface for my Audio device "Focusrite Control" to see if teh activity on the organ was going through the Focusrite control, or the Asio for all. It is gonig through the Focusrite - which is what I want. However, when I close the Focusrite control (without changing anything), the organ crashes.

Something is clearly not right.
ZeroZero1

Postby johnhines » Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:12 pm

I used to have many problems with my Focusrite unit until I realized that the problem was that I had put a USB extension cable between my unit and my PC. If you are using a USB extension cable, I would suggest try removing it.
johnhines

Postby ZeroZero1 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:19 pm

Thank you John, I shall check that, but, now I have also downloaded Asio for all, Focusrite is now working. Weird. The organ is playing at buffer size 16, which is almost impercetable. I am really liking the organ - impressive. Wonderful presets, with try them on my real A100! I think this is the best VST yet.
ZeroZero1

Previous

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More