Very novice question [Resolved]

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Very novice question [Resolved]

Postby hansolo625 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:51 am

Hello all! Please let me preface, I tried looking for this information but I cannot find a concrete answer. I'm very interested in getting the Cinematic Percussion sound library but I couldn't find whether or not SampleTank is required to utilize the library.

Do I need to purchase SampleTank4 and the library together or can I just purchase the library alone? (The product is listed under SampleTank 3 Instruments but I'm assuming that's just old)

Sorry for such a novice question again and your advice is really appreciated.

Sys: macOS
DAW: Logic Pro X
hansolo625

Re: Very novice question

Postby DarkStar » Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:23 am

Hello hansolo625 and welcome to the forum.

From here:
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/st3cinematic/
is a SampleTank 3 expansion.

it will load and run in SampleTank 3. And you will have the SampleTank 3 Custom Shop installer (which installs the ST3 software, and the standalone Custom Shop and Authorization Manager programs) in your Account's User Area. But, double-check that before you buy.

Several other libraries will load into ST3 too.

So there is no need to buy ST4 for this library.

Please not that the St3 standalone program and plug-ins are 64-bit only. I believe that Custom Shop and authorization Manager are 32-bit programs.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby hansolo625 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:30 pm

Hi DarkStar thank you SO much for your information! There's no way I was going to find this out on my own. The product page doesn't even show anything about compatibility lol. Since they are listed under "ST3 Instruments", I was under the impression that those are expansion libraries (as you said) for SampleTank3, and ST3 has been succeeded by ST4. I wish their product info can be more clear on that.

So I can purchase just this library and it will install ST3. Got it. Thanks SO much again!
hansolo625

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:40 pm

We post this library as an expansion available for SampleTank 4 under "Instruments" linked from the SampleTank 4 web pages or directly at https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/s ... nstruments

Which states:

Expand your universe of sounds

Customize your creativity with SampleTank instrument collections

SampleTank 4 is a universe of sound that's full of creative possibilities. And you can expand that universe as you see fit, thanks to an expanding selection of additional instruments.

Available from the IK online store, these libraries let you play with even more sounds, instruments, loops and patterns. The additional SampleTank instrument collections have been designed to suit every style and genre of music that you can imagine.

They are expansions that will work in SampleTank 4, per the SampleTank 4 Instruments page.

SampleTank 4 specs can be found via the Specs link on the SampleTank 4 web pages.

I will relay that this was not clear you to you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby hansolo625 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:39 pm

Thank you very much Peter!

I did read that which is what leads me to believe that I will need ST4 in order to utilize the library expansion. Can you confirm whether or not ST4 is required or can I buy just the Cinematic Percussion and it’ll still work? Thanks!
hansolo625

Postby garfy » Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:11 am

hansolo625 wrote:Can you confirm whether or not ST4 is required or can I buy just the Cinematic Percussion and it’ll still work?

ST4 is not a requirement for Cinematic Percussion. The expansion will run in SampleTank 3 and 4.

As DarkStar suggests
DarkStar wrote:And you will have the SampleTank 3 Custom Shop installer (which installs the ST3 software, and the standalone Custom Shop and Authorization Manager programs) in your Account's User Area. But, double-check that before you buy.

The SampleTank Custom Shop is a free version of the ST3 and should be in your User Area>My Products. Cinematic Percussion will NOT install the ST3CS sofware, it must be done separately.

Hope that clarifies.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby hansolo625 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:07 am

garfy wrote:The SampleTank Custom Shop is a free version of the ST3 and should be in your User Area>My Products. Cinematic Percussion will NOT install the ST3CS software, it must be done separately

WOW. Thank you SOOOOO much garfy. Now that answered all of my questions.

I suspect anyone new to IK Multimedia (like myself) would ever know this. Wish they can add some clarification on the website somewhere.
hansolo625

Postby garfy » Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:19 am

You're welcome.

As this thread has been resolved for the user it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.

• If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
• If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic. Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More