Miroslav Phil 1 sounds > Sampletank 3 removed? [Resolved]

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Miroslav Phil 1 sounds > Sampletank 3 removed? [Resolved]

Postby Voci » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:11 pm

I'm sorry that I'm going to rant here for a bit. But this has to be one of the most frustrating installation-processes I have ever gone through.

I'm talking about Miroslav Philharmonik. I bought it like 9 years ago. Now after all these years I am going to produce again. On a new computer. So obviously > forgotten passwords, accounts, then finally redownloaded the VST. Couldn't register through the VST itself. Had to download a Manager-tool for that. Then there were no sounds, as you have to download them manually. So paid 12 euro, redownloaded it all. And now it turns out my brand new Cubase Pro 10 for 580 euro + 20 euro License-dongle doesn't support this 32bit VST.

Sigh, sigh sigh.

Then, I saw on youtube that one CAN use the Miroslav library, with another VST called Sampletank 3. There's a link to the "free" version, in which I should be able to load the sounds.

But... https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/i ... ampletank4

It's nowhere to be found. Only fully equiped VST's that cost me anóther 150 euro (lol...)

Is there really no option to get these sounds into Cubase 10?

I think Miroslav Philharmonik was like 150 euro too, back in the days. Is that now turning out to be a useless purchase? So much money spent, I can hardly believe it.

Again, sorry for being so negative, but I hope you understand my frustrations.
Voci

Re: Miroslav Phil 1 sounds > Sampletank 3 removed?

Postby garfy » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:22 pm

Hi Voci and welcome to the forums.

I may be wrong, but judging by your 'Joined Date' to the right of your post, you may well have an IK user account with a link to the free version of SampleTank 3.

If you log into your User Area and go to My Products, you should hopefully find a download for SampleTank Custom Shop which, once installed and authorised, will allow you to import your sounds library for MP1. As ST3 is a 64-bit app Cubase should handle it just fine.

I would also advise you to back up your MP1 sounds downloads in case you need to re-install at a later date.

If the ST3CS download isn't available, I would suggest opening a ticket with official IK Support to see if they have any advice. https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/

Hope that helps.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby Voci » Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:38 pm

I almost can't believe it.

But I made it work. Well, you did.

I had the Sampletank product on my products-list indeed. Is that because I purchased Miroslav Philharmonik so long ago? Anyway, I downloaded it. I must say the installation of all the parts, the instruments, and then importing. It was a bit of a hassle.

But it does work now. I'm extremely grateful that you took the time to read my frustrated message and helped me out. Thanks! :-)
Voci

Postby DarkStar » Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:18 pm

Most if not all people with an IK Multimedia Account get various free products - SampleTank 3 Custom Shop, AmpliTube Custom Shop and T-RackS Custom Shop. All are free.

As this thread has been resolved for the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic.
  • Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More