Miroslav Philharmonik 2

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Miroslav Philharmonik 2

Postby DavidR1 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:35 pm

I was looking through the instruments the other night for a saxophone of all things. I have seen some answers here already that don’t really answer why there is no saxophone in Philharmonik.

The blurb on the Philharmonik 2 has a short bio of Virtuos Miroslav and mentions nit only double base but saxophones. Now I had assumed that the great Miroslav might have added a saxophone into the mix of instruments.

Now I am no snob but the saxophone features in quite a few of the 20th centuries major pieces:

Ravel - Bolero has not only a Tenor and soprano but also soparinino as well. (Hence I write this)
Debussy- rhapsody for saxophone
Vaughan Williams - Symphony no 9 features about 9 saxophones. He also used the instrument in other of his later works.
Gershwin rhapsody in blue of course.
Bizet - L'Arlesienne
Ravels orchestration of Pictures at an exhibition
Milhaud's - Scaramouche not to mention his La Creation Du Monde etc......
Holst - the planets

So it does feature in 20th century compositions.

So I am surprised that the blurb mentions that Virtous uses the instrument or plays it even and that the saxophone is an instrument that features in some of the greatest works of the 20th century.

In addition for £300 you’d expect to see one there for that price.

But no sax in Philharmonik 2.

Just saying.

Perhaps ik could look at producing a sax VSTi as a plugin into Philharmonik 2. Depending upon price I’d pay for it.
David

HP Envy
16 gb Ram
HD 2tb
i7 quad core 4770u cpu 3.4 ghz (cores disabled as per Cubase management system)
64 bit windows 8.1
external soundcard UR44 (Steinberg) Yamaha drive Asio 2 compliant
DVD R/RW
Nvidia Geforce GTX 660
DavidR1

Re: Miroslav Philharmonik 2

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:34 pm

Please add feature/instrument requests to the official wishlist for the appropriate product. We should have one for each product in the appropriate subforum.

In Master Vitous's traditional orchestra there was no saxophone section therefore he did not sample it. Please add your request to the wishlist thread for consideration as an addition to either Miroslav Philharmonik 2 or SampleTank 4. Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More