SampleTank 4 Plug-in Window - Too big?

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

SampleTank 4 Plug-in Window - Too big?

Postby richmn » Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:46 am

I never thought I would say this after years of complaining about SampleTank's non-scalable, small window, but...the window is now too big! It appears I can only make the window larger, not smaller. Are there any ways to address this besides changing the scale of the entire Windows desktop? I was at 100% but my Studio One fonts and controls were too small. Now I've upped it to 150%: Studio One is great, but SampleTank's taking up my whole screen! (2560x1440 monitor). Any ideas?
richmn

Re: SampleTank 4 Plug-in Window - Too big?

Postby LILROD » Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:24 am

im having the same problem
LILROD

Postby BasilV2000 » Wed Apr 26, 2023 1:15 pm

:( Same problem! I use SampleTank in DAW with 5:4 monitor 1280x1024 resolution. I can't read the lower controls. IK Multimedia, can you fix that, please? Because it's uncomfortable to use this.
BasilV2000

Postby DarkStar » Wed Apr 26, 2023 2:04 pm

Peter_IK, in the Guidelines thread wrote:Please do not post just to confirm a problem, without adding any useful diagnostic details. Such posts will very likely be removed without notice. The best thing to do is report the problem to Technical Support with any details that you can supply.

To all three posters:

ST4, like many other plug-in GUIs, uses bit-mapped graphics. So the GUI size is determined by the number of pixels used horizontally and vertically. BUT, this is ls also affected by the scaling factor used for the display screen.

For example a screen resolution of 2560x1440 at a scale of 150% effectively becomes a screen of 1707x960. So a GUI that is more than 960 pixels high will not be completely visible.

As you all need ST4 (and other IKM GUIs) to be scaleable smaller, please let Support know your requests - making clear your screen native (physical) resolution, the scaling factor and the consequent effective resolution.

PS Vector-based GUIs would be a lot of work and, I understand, can be problematic too.

-------------------
As an aside, I think I would prefer a fixed set of GUI sizes (50%, 75%, 100%, 125%, 150%, 200%) rather than continuously variable. I think that this approach would lead to faster loading times and small disk / memory usage.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More