Miroslav Phillarmonik channel selection

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Miroslav Phillarmonik channel selection

Postby mantorcha » Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:42 am

Hi! Is there any way to select channel 2 in Miroslav Phillarmonik? When I load instruments in different channels, only channel 1 sounds. Can't seem to activate the rest of them.

Thanks!
mantorcha

Re: Miroslav Phillarmonik channel selection

Postby Promidi » Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:49 am

I just tested this in the Standalone of Miroslav Phillarmonik 2 on Windows 10 Pro 64bit and the different parts did respond according to their MIDI channel selection.

I even set part 1 to channel 2 (by dragging over the channel number) , set my MIDI controller to transmit on MIDI Channel 2 as well to match, and I was able to play that part.

Are you sure your MIDI controller is configured to transmit on MIDI Channel 2? Also have you set your MIDI channels correctly in your DAW?
Promidi

Postby mantorcha » Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:15 am

Hi, thanks for the reply! I'm not using a Midi controller, just writing midi clips, but can't seem to select other channels apart from 1 as output. Every midi clip I write sounds from the out of the first MIDI channel in Miroslav, so it's like I can't select other instrument from other channel as output. Thanks!
mantorcha

Postby Promidi » Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:01 am

This sounds like a DAW configuration (or more specifically a track configuration) issue rather than an issue with MP2 itself. Which DAW are you using?

I use Cakewalk by Bandlab and I can configure the MIDI channel of a MIDI track that is being used to drive MP2. If I set MP2 to receive on MIDI channel 2 and the MIDI track to Channel 2, MP2 does play the clip.
Promidi

Postby DarkStar » Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:29 am

Yep, as Promidi suggests, that is down to the DAW. If you can let us know which one you are using, then other users with the same one can advise you how to create MIDI events on different MIDI channels.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby mantorcha » Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:42 am

Hi guys, I'm using Ableton Live, thanks for the replies!
mantorcha

Postby DarkStar » Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:42 am

Have a look at "Using Multi-Timbral Plug-In Instruments" here\:
https://www.ableton.com/en/manual/routing-and-i-o/
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby dcdrums » Tue May 10, 2022 12:38 am

Hello everyone!! I came across this thread in search of answers to the very same issues chronicled here, only I am using Studio One 5.

I've found a few videos/articles on this from a SO perspective, but they all use Kontakt (3 out of 3); and one was just a blank FAQ page, and none of them display the same options for the track within SO that I see in my version.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
-Drew
dcdrums

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More