ST4 Order of Installation Question

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

ST4 Order of Installation Question

Postby lag » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:06 pm

Obviously the application and dl files should come first. But after that.....between the Instrument Installer, Sound Library Update, and the various sounds themselves, which should come first, second and third....and does the order make any difference? Also, if I initially decide on a partial sounds installation, but later change my mind and add more, do I have to run the Instrument Installer and/or the Sound Library update again? Thx!
lag

Re: ST4 Order of Installation Question

Postby Ryan_IK » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:09 pm

Hey lag,

Thanks for jumping in the conversation.

Always download and install your software first. Once installed, you can begin your sound content installation. Depending on when you downloaded, you would then want to install the sound content updates.

SampleTank 4 offers instruments and samples downloads. The instruments are like your presets, these will appear once installed, but they will not load until the associated samples are installed. The samples are your actual sounds. This means you should have no problem installing just a couple sections of sounds for SampleTank 4, then coming back later to further expand.

Note* When adding in your parts later, if you run into issues, run any included Sound Content Updates.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby lag » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:39 pm

Hey thanks. So it sounds like if I install samples partially along with update pack, if I install more samples later, I may very well have to run the update pack again...correct ?
lag

Postby DarkStar » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:45 pm

Yes, as the update pack may contain updates to the sounds you have just installed.

Please keep all of your downloaded Sounds Library files backed up somewhere (as recommended by IK Multimedia). That way you will not need to download them again or need to purchase a (Sounds Library) Download Reactivation Credit (after 180 days). On the other hand, the software downloads are permanently available.

Also, keep a track of which Sounds Library downloads you have downloaded and which you have installed. Each one is done separately and it can get confusing. IK Multimedia is looking into developing a better installer.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby BrianL1 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:53 am

This brings up a question... I have the sound library backed up as recommended, on two drives for that matter, but what can we do about maintaining the latest library updates? I mean we get the needed software updates permanently, but why not the Sound Content Updates? Those get trapped behind that reactivation paywall! :?: :o
BrianL1

Postby DarkStar » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:27 am

I am 99% sure that the Updates are also permanently available; they are in Download Resources" aren't they, rather in "Sounds Download"? But, why not keep a back-up copy of them too?
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby BrianL1 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:33 pm

DarkStar wrote:I am 99% sure that the Updates are also permanently available; they are in Download Resources" aren't they, rather in "Sounds Download"? But, why not keep a back-up copy of them too?

The only things in Download Resources are manuals, and that's exactly the thing I'm talking about. Of course we'd want to have the library updates and keep backup copies of them, but after 180 days we no longer have access to them, as they are still only available in the Sounds Download area.

This means if we've not gotten to download them, or if after 180 days there are newer ones released, we'd have to pay $10 just to have access to those updates.
BrianL1

Postby Ryan_IK » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:20 pm

IK Support is more than happy to look into any cases like this. They usually have no problem reactivating sounds if you are looking to get the latest content included with a recent update with currently expired sounds.

Please reach out here and PM me your ticket number.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More