Philharmonik 2 - Where are my instruments?

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Philharmonik 2 - Where are my instruments?

Postby kish.kalyan » Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:38 am

[Mod Note - moved to appropriate forum]

Does anybody know how to get the sounds to show up in Philharmonik 2?

I just bought a few days ago.

I've installed and it open up on my Mac in Logic Pro X as a plugin and also works standalone, but I thought I'd install the concert harp first before I install the other 16 dmg files to see what the concert harp sounds like but it doesn't even show that.

It automatically gives you a path to install in the user sample tank 3 folder but i want to run the sounds off an external hard drive, just not sure why the sounds don't appear in philharmonik 2?

Is there a step by step guide on how to do this?

Kind Regards

Kish
kish.kalyan

Re: Philharmonik 2 - Where are my instruments?

Postby garfy » Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:38 am

kish.kalyan wrote:It automatically gives you a path to install in the user sample tank 3 folder but i want to run the sounds off an external hard drive, just not sure why the sounds don't appear in philharmonik 2?

So, did you install the sound content to your external? If so you need to make sure that this new pathway is where MP2 is looking for the content. Open MP2, click Settings (Gear Wheel, top right) and make sure the pathway is correct.

Hope that helps.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby kish.kalyan » Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:53 am

Hello there,

Yes I did change the pathway to the philharmonik 2 folder on my external drive but the sounds are not appearing when I open the application as a standalone or as a plugin in Logic Pro X.

It's just all blank.

I'm using a Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.6 and Logic Pro X 10.4.

I'm very competent with installing software but this one has got me confused.

Look forward to anyone helping me install this correctly.

My philharmonik 1 seems to work fine with no problems so I'm using that until I get philharmonik 2 working.

All help is greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards

Kish Kalyan
kish.kalyan

Postby garfy » Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:12 am

Hi Kish

Hmm, ok that's the end of my suggestions I'm afraid. With my installation everything went in at the same time, so I haven't experienced a piece-meal approach.

As the Harp is part of the Strings file tree within MP2 it may be that you have to install everything before it populates properly.

In case no one else chimes in with a suggestion, you should open a ticket with Official IK Support here https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/ for some one-to-one help.
garfy

Postby kish.kalyan » Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:06 pm

Good Afternoon,

Thank you, i will try installing all the dmg files an see if that makes a difference.

Thank you for your help.

Kind Regards,

Kish Kalyan
kish.kalyan

Postby kish.kalyan » Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:36 am

garfy wrote:Hi Kish

Hmm, ok that's the end of my suggestions I'm afraid. With my installation everything went in at the same time, so I haven't experienced a piece-meal approach.

As the Harp is part of the Strings file tree within MP2 it may be that you have to install everything before it populates properly.

In case no one else chimes in with a suggestion, you should open a ticket with Official IK Support here https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/ for some one-to-one help.

Thanks, that worked.

Appreciate the help.

Kind Regards

Kish Kalyan
kish.kalyan

Postby garfy » Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:38 am

Great stuff, glad that's sorted now.

As this thread has been resolved for the user it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.

• If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
• If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic.
garfy

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More