Importing SampleTank 2 Into SampleTank 3 Problems

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Importing SampleTank 2 Into SampleTank 3 Problems

Postby armageddonmusic » Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:11 pm

I've owned SampleTank 2, Miroslav Philharmonik and Sonik Synth 2 since 2006 and never really had any problems with them. Small footprint, works flawlessly even with my current system (Sierra on Mac) and loads just fine into my 64-bit DAWs via 32Lives. Unfortunately, Catalina is coming and I'm preparing to ditch all my 32-bit apps for the purge (32Lives will not work in Catalina). I noticed that SampleTank 3 Free is available on my account, and I knew that it was capable of importing legacy libraries, so I finally took the plunge and downloaded v3.70, figuring I'd still be able to use all my libraries in it.

I imported all of my libraries, and while the process is easy enough, and technically, many of the sounds load and play just fine, there are a lot of problems here. Some patches have volume issues. Some have no volume. Those "black arrow" patches that are comprised of multiple layers (not multis) show up as individual patches, and so they don't seem to play properly. Quite a few of the multis are mangled. I tried reimporting several times (and carefully making sure I was doing it all properly), but the results were always the same. In the case of Sonik Synth 2, it was so bad (the multis really got mangled in the import process, apparently), I just threw the library out and gave up on it. I eventually also gave up on Miroslav Philharmonik, as it no longer really functioned the way the original library did. I still have the SampleTank 2, because I have a few loop libraries I still use (160dB, which really took a beating in the import process, some Capsules and TranceGrid, which more or less made it intact), but again, the import process rendered a lot of the instruments I usually use almost useless, or at least, severely compromised.

How did this happen? This isn't some third party library, this is literally an older version of your own product. Shouldn't SampleTank 3 be capable of importing all these libraries without problems? Is there a secret to all this that isn't in your instructions? I'm bummed out that I'm facing the very real possibility of having to ditch these libraries for good, as SampleTank 3 is the only way I'd be able to use them after September, so I'm hoping there is a solution I'm not aware of presently.
armageddonmusic

Re: Importing SampleTank 2 Into SampleTank 3 Problems

Postby Ryan_IK » Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:10 pm

Hello,

Sorry to hear of your troubles here.

SampleTank 2 legacy instruments and Combi instruments should import into SampleTank 3 without issue.

If for any reason you had issues during the import process, please contact our Technical Support team. They will be more than happy to help look into what could be going on here.

Open a Technical support Ticket here.

Important:
Send me the Ticket # in a PM/message so I may alert the team of your case.

Please report the exact sounds you are having issues importing so they may look into this on their end. The more information you can provide for the team to reproduce any unusual behavior, the more effectively they can assist you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Re: Importing SampleTank 2 Into SampleTank 3 Problems

Postby armageddonmusic » Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:02 pm

Thank you for your help; I have submitted a support ticket (and cited you in it)!
armageddonmusic

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More