ST4 Max Sounds Download Expiring [Resolved]

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

ST4 Max Sounds Download Expiring [Resolved]

Postby brockkel » Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:15 am

I noticed when I was updating to new version that my sounds download is expiring in 18 days. Since this program is still a work in progress, it doesn't seem right that I would have to purchase a reactivation credit to receive future updates at this time. I know it is a minimal cost to do so, but I think under these circumstances there should be some leeway involved. Not being cheap or anything, as I have spent a fair amount of cash on products here.

Would also like to mention that I think the software guys have a done a great job, was a little rough at the start, but I really consider it a very worth while purchase.
brockkel

Re: ST4 Max Sounds Download Expiring

Postby garfy » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:50 am

Hi brockkel

The Sounds Download expiration does not affect getting updates to the app. This only relates to the large sound libraries.

Hope that answers the problem.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby DarkStar » Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:33 pm

Also, make a back-up copy of your Sounds Download files (as recommended by IK Multimedia) or of the installed Sounds Library so that you do not need to Re-activate the Sounds Downloads.

PS It is a single fee. for a further 180 days, for all of your Sounds Download products.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby shmihe » Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:17 pm

I agree with the original post (38 days left here), and I too have spent plenty @ IK Multimedia products. I own ALL current software they have...

Since getting the ST4 Max on USB stick (which had many corrupt files on it), I do not yet feel confident that all of the files (every single one!) I had to download/and re-download from the IK website, PLUS the new ones/AND the files NOT even included on the USB, are 100% good to go.

So, if there are more undiscovered corrupt/errors files, we have to pay a fee? There at least needs to be a direct notification of any updated files (as in older "corrected" ones), and an allowance for access without a fee here.

From what I have read/seen/heard, there is not any direct notification of updates in many or most cases.

For examples: I do not get notified by email (or from within the program like other companies do) that Amplitube 4 or T-RackS 5 are updated. I read about the ST4 updates on Facebook, not even here - in the forum first.
shmihe

Postby brockkel » Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:51 pm

Thanks to moderators for replies but it seems you are missing the point here. There have been 4 updates to the sounds library since initial release, that is not something that occurs with the other software here. And I am assuming that there will be more coming in the near future? If this area is now considered a finished product, then it is of no longer concern.

Not making a big deal about this, but as one of the earlier purchasers, I am sure other people will be commenting on this as their expirations come about in the near future.
By the way, I have my stuff backed up on 2 different drives, have pretty slow download speeds here, so not going through that again.
brockkel

Postby DarkStar » Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:58 pm

As I understand it, the big Sounds Download files are not themselves updated. All updates to them are done by the updates in the "Download Resources" links. And the update file is cumulative and those files do not expire.

You would only need the main Sounds Download files and the latest Sounds Update. Once you have downloaded and installed the main Sounds Download files (and backed them up. as mentioned above) you only need to get and install the latest Update (and back that up too).

Will there be further sound library updates? Almost certainly. And when they are released just apply the Update.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:17 pm

DarkStar wrote:As I understand it, the big Sounds Download files are not themselves updated. All updates to them are done by the updates in the "Download Resources" links. And the update file is cumulative and those files do not expire.

You would only need the main Sounds Download files and the latest Sounds Update. Once you have downloaded and installed the main Sounds Download files (and backed them up. as mentioned above) you only need to get and install the latest Update (and back that up too).

Will there be further sound library updates? Almost certainly. And when they are released just apply the Update.

This. There is no cause for alarm. Sound updates are separate and don't expire. If you haven't already, please download and back up your main sound library files. If you had any issue with your USB stick files, IK Support would have helped you (or if not, please open a ticket and get your issue resolved ASAP) and you should also be set with applying these never-expiring sound updates past, present, and future.

As this thread has been resolved for the user it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More