Sampletank 4.06 Clicking issue [RESOLVED]

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Sampletank 4.06 Clicking issue [RESOLVED]

Postby Promidi » Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:46 am

Just wondering if anyone else is noticing that with the new update of Sampletank to version 4.06, some sounds produce very audible clicks. These most definitely were not present in Sampletank 4.05.

I am experiencing this with some sounds in Sampletank 4.06. One specific sound that does it, on my system, is American Acoustic, Fingerstyle Strumming 1

I have lodged a support ticket with IKM Support (providing wave files and a visual of the click)
Promidi

Re: Sampletank 4.06 Clicking issue

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:37 pm

Hi, thank you for opening a ticket. I checked with the team and they are aware of reports of this with some of the SampleTank 3 instruments and the developers are working on it.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby shmihe » Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:51 pm

Should we avoid 4.06 until the new fix then?

I already had to roll back from 4.05 to 4.04 due to an issue I had with that one (support said 4.06 would fix that issue).

4.04 is the most all-around stable ST4 I had so far, and that took a whole lot of patience (and work on my part as well) to get to that point. :|
shmihe

Postby Promidi » Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:45 am

I have 4.05 installed. However, I do have just the standalone EXE of 4.04 in the program files folder. This is so I can edit ST3 patches if needed.

I am avoiding 4.06 as well, as I cannot have these clicks showing up in productions.

I am confident that 4.07 should not be that far away...
Promidi

Re: Sampletank 4.06 Clicking issue [RESOLVED]

Postby Ryan_IK » Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:12 pm

Couple of new developments! SampleTank 4.0.7 is out. Grab your downloads from My Products now.

Whats New:

• Fixed an issue that caused audio clicks when triggering note on
  • Fixed an issue with the Steel Drums Studio instrument
  • Fixed an issue with very short MIDI notes not triggering sound
  • Fixed an issue with the Flanger effect wet/dry control
  • Improved graphics compatibility with FL Studio
  • Optimized CPU usage when loading certain instruments in AAX
  • Optimized resampling algorithm DSP

Also, Sound on Sound did a review on SampleTank 4, check out the final verdict below and the full article here: http://bit.ly/2Hyh3Wu

SampleTank 4's high-quality sounds and features aimed at the live context make for a great combination. If you need a broad palette of high-quality sounds within a single, easy-to-use package, it is undoubtedly a serious contender. It brings some significant improvements in features and sounds. As an easy-to-use, all-in-one sonic workhorse it remains a great choice for both studio and live use.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More