Syntronik backup (what?)

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Syntronik backup (what?)

Postby jacknapier » Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:13 am

I just installed Syntronik and now i want to backup my files but i don't know what to back up?
Do i save the Syntronik Sound folder and use the Install Syntronik Sound Content installer to install the sound content every time i install Syntronik?

Or can i just copy the IK Multimedia(which includes the SampleTank 3 folder and all the content located on System Drive(C) -> Users -> Public -> Public Documents) and use this one to replace the one created with a new install?

I'd much rather use the second option so i just have to copy a folder instead a installing the content every time. And hopefully, it would save/move my presets as well.

I'm trying Syntronik on win 10 and next i want to install it, copy/move the content on my win 7 system later. Hopefully, win 7 has the same folder structure? I'm surprise i couldn't find any info in the manual regarding this.
jacknapier

Re: Syntronik backup (what?)

Postby DarkStar » Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:02 pm

I think that you can just make a back-up copy of the SampleTank 3 library folder (that will include Syntronik, and MP2 and any Imported sounds too). At least, that is what I have done.

Remember that if you make any updates to the ST3 sounds library - library updates from IK Multimedia, instruments that you have modified or Imported etc, you will need to copy them to the back-up too.

When you copy the whole ST3 library onto the back-up disk, point Syntronik (and ST3?) at that folder. Then try out ST3 and load you old projects to make sure that they all still work. Then change back to pointing the software at the folder on your C:/ drive.

One other idea: if you have another "on-line" disk (i.e not the back-up disk) you could move your ST3 library to there (mine is on L:/IK Multimedia/SampleTank 3/ ...) and remove it from your C:/ drive. Then, when you are making an Image Back-up of your system disk (you do do that. don't you?) you are not needlessly archiving GB of unchanged data.

I am pretty sure that the folder hierarchy is the same of Windows 10 as it is on Windows 7.

This might help too:
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?category=11&topic=sampletank-3-instruments#st3 Click on "I can't find" then on "SampleTank 3 and associated libraries".
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Re: Syntronik backup (what?)

Postby jacknapier » Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:11 pm

Good ideas Darkstar. Will try that. And no i don't make Image Back-up of my system drive but i probably should. Thanks.
jacknapier

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More