Help with SampleTank setup

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Help with SampleTank setup

Postby John N Hamilton » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:44 am

[Mod edit: moved to more appropriate forum and revised title.]

I can never figure out how to use any of the new technology in music....I've tried to down load many different DAW/Midi programs...nothing seems to work...is there something that helps in setting up IK...Sample tank....
John N Hamilton

Re: Help with SampleTank setup

Postby DarkStar » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:10 am

Hello and welcome to the forum.

I am sorry to hear about the problems you are running into. But, without any details at all, we would only be guessing wildly.

Now, installing any software requires a certain amount of knowledge and following the installation guidelines given by the manufacturer(s).

For us to help, we would need to know:
-- what DAW are you using?
-- or do you want to use the standalone SampleTank program?
-- what have you done so far?
-- what problem(s) did you run into?

As this is primarily a user to user forum, someone-else may chime in. Meanwhile, the best thing to do is raise a Support Ticket, here:
http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/
for some one to one help (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally). But, they will need details too.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby John N Hamilton » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:38 am

I do have a ableton live...that someone else set up for me....it works fine....I would like to make the sampletank "standalone"...I have downloaded the downloads that that come with a irigpro37....after that ...I extracted the files....don't know where the files go... once I got the control panel of Sampletank 3...it recognized my playing on the irig keys, but there was no sound...no instruments were in the left column...also I could not expand to full size screen...
so I deleted everything...then started again...and got the same results
John N Hamilton

Postby DarkStar » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:13 am

You mentioned SampleTank 3 - is that correct? ST4 is the latest version of SampleTank

Anyway, for ST3:
-- can you see the ST3 GUI when you run the standalone program?
-- and when you load it as a plug-in in Ableton Live?

I recall that the ST3 software installer also installed one instrument (a piano?). Can you see that in the ST3 Browser? You may need to rebuild the ST3 cache database by click the circular arrow button at the bottom of the Browser. If so can you load it into an instrument slot (double-click it) and play it with the virtual keyboard?

Also, did you (download and) run all the sounds library installers - checking that they were installed into the main SampleTank 3 sounds library folder?

Please note that ST3 is not resizeable, ST4 is.

Curious: why do you want to use the ST3 standalone rather than as a plug-in in Live?
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More