Not sure about a re- download of sounds for sampletank 4max

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Not sure about a re- download of sounds for sampletank 4max

Postby silver-machine » Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:01 pm

hi
I have downloaded and installed Sampletank 4 max update to 4.05 all ok.

Now that i have read instructions to update my sounds, i am a little apprehensive
It is how it read. that i am not sure.

Do i have to download all Sampletank 4 max sounds again and then update them or just update the Sampletank 4 max sounds that i already have.
I downloaded for example the four Acoustic drumsets and compared them with the properties of the four acoustic drumset sound that i have saved previously
The zipped files have different file sizes.
that indicates to me that a re- download may have to be done all over again.
i do understand that nothing has to be done to older synth sounds and Sampletank 3 sounds.

have i got this right ????

All the best
John :)
silver-machine

Re: Not sure about a re- download of sounds for sampletank

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:25 pm

Sound updaters do not require you to re-download any sounds you already have downloaded.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby silver-machine » Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:43 am

Hi Peter
I downloaded the first set of acoustic drums and looked at the dates when released in properties and that answered my question.
I was just a little unsure.
I shall now go ahead and use the updater for the sounds.
No problems with Sampletank Max yet though.
All the best
john
silver-machine

Postby DarkStar » Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:57 pm

I am curious ...

silver-machine wrote:I downloaded for example the four Acoustic drumsets and compared them with the properties of the four acoustic drumset sound that i have saved previously
The zipped files have different file sizes.
What then is the difference in content between silver-machine's original downloads and the 4 he downloaded a few days ago?

@ silver-machine
Can you post the respective ZIP file sizes?
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby silver-machine » Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:55 pm

Hi darkstar
the files are the same as i checked the dates and size in the properties after fully extracted.
My fault that.
I have a problem though that i did not have before and somehow after the sound update i was getting double of everything on the sampletank 3 side.
Also choosing sounds was not going well for me. Banks of sounds looked the same over a couple of Syntronic instruments when switching back and forth. Hard to explain this one .
I have put all of my sounds on the D drive and the main program on C.
I have got in a pickle again and now decided to load up again and keep Sytronic in it's own skin.
The awkward thing is ,once Syntronic or older synths are in Sampletank you see the sounds but you do not know which instrument they come from.You just have to go by mood, style etc. I would like to see Sampletron shown and go from there for example.

I have just got to get some order with sound files as i have no other problems with crashing at the moment.
This is probably a small mistake that has cost me a lot of time.
I will let you know in a couple of days how it is going.
I wish computers were faster. Even fast broadband is not as fast for downloads as they say.
All depends on the server
All the Best
John
Last edited by silver-machine on Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
silver-machine

Postby DarkStar » Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:03 pm

The duplicates can probably be sorted out with a few judicious copies / pastes and deletes. :) Without the need for any more downloads.

As I understand it, SampleTank 4 MAX includes the ST3 sounds library.

So, if you already have ST3, there is no need to download/install the ST3 library downloads in the ST4 library downloads list; instead you just add the ST3 library location to the ST4 libraries list.

And the Syntronik instruments and sample files should be in sub-folders in the main ST3 library.

Can you track down a few (ST3?) duplicates and let us know the exact paths to the instruments and the respective sample (.pak) files?
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby silver-machine » Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:18 pm

Hi Darkstar
Sorry ,i got in a jam and I am having a stinker of a weekend
I lost my camcorder at Battle of the Proms outdoor Concert yesterday and today another pickle with updating which should have been a simple jobby..
I could not figure out how doubles were appearing ,but it must be what you had said ,that Sampletank 4 max has the Samptank 3 files already in there .
Well I deleted the folders on D drive and decided to start again, so i have now lost the doubles!! :roll:

I am now keeping Syntronic out of Sampletank as you can see where the sounds are coming from ,rather than having to go through the style mood thing and hard, soft etc.
I wished that when putting in the older Instruments like Sampletron it showed that in the left column, rather than all older synth sounds all mixed together and again having put gestures in to get to the sound.
Never mind i will report back later when i get a sucess.

All the best
John
Ps I wonder what the 3rd prophecy will be!! for me :shock:
silver-machine

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More