Install Failure!!!

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Install Failure!!!

Postby weezamiah » Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:51 am

This is super frustrating to purchase a product and not be able to install it properly in order to use. First off I have put in a support ticket but hoping to resolve it here while waiting. I have total max and PH2. Total max installed correctly also PH says it installed correctly. When loading instrument the Ph2 has a lock on it and keeps sending me back to the DL page. And yes it’s registered and authorized. It also appeared to have created so many freaking folders with ph2 also. Even when directing to the folders with the samples and rescanning it builds the max4 library but not MP2. Spent all day on this issue. On a Mac mini 16 gig, 1T ssd. At the point of buying another library but I shouldn’t have to.
weezamiah

Re: Install Failure!!!

Postby garfy » Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:48 am

Hi weezamiah

weezamiah wrote:It also appeared to have created so many freaking folders with ph2 also.

Where has it created these folders? The default install should have put everything into the SampleTank folder so it can be accessed by both ST and MP. Can you see the content in the main SampleTank folders?
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby DarkStar » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:18 am

Please note that the MP2 sounds library should be added to the main SampleTank 3 Library. That way, ST3 (and ST4) can load its own instruments and the MP2 instruments.

I'll guess that when MP2 library was installed a different folder path was chosen. If so then you could end up with duplicate folders, maybe empty ones. The path chosen should be the same as used in the ST3 library install.

As this is primarily a user to user forum, someone-else may chime in. Meanwhile, the best thing to do is raise a Support Ticket, here:
http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/
for some one to one help (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally).
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby weezamiah » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:16 am

Actually I installed them both at the same time this is a new computer. Once I started with ST4,everything else followed to the same directory. I will recheck when I get back home. I know I seen at least 3 places or subfolders housing miraslov 2. I Will delete the folders and try to reinstall today.
weezamiah

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More