Trouble transferring Philharmonik 2 instrument information

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Trouble transferring Philharmonik 2 instrument information

Postby dapizz601 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:06 pm

When transferring musical projects to my friends computer, the instrument information isn't going through. We are both using Logic Pro X, and have had no problem with any other plug-ins thus far. The tracks are showing up, the midi information is there and it shows that Philharmonik 2 is being used as the plug-in for the track, but when he opens it, the instrument information isn't there.

When he sends me a project he started, using Philharmonik as a plug-in, the information shows up in my DAW, but when I send it back, it is gone. But when I download those same files I'm sending him, the instrument information is still there.

I do have a newer version of Logic Pro X, as his operating system will not let him upgrade any further - could this be the problem? And if not, is there any suggestions you might have?
dapizz601

Re: Trouble transferring Philharmonik 2 instrument informati

Postby garfy » Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:43 pm

dapizz601 wrote:I do have a newer version of Logic Pro X, as his operating system will not let him upgrade any further - could this be the problem? And if not, is there any suggestions you might have?

This is quite possibly the issue. There's no guarantee that opening a Logic project made in a newer version will open in an older one, particularly if there is a big gap between the versions. Which 2 versions are you using?

Couple of suggestions...1) you can have more than one version of Logic Pro X installed on the same machine, so you could go to an old system back-up/Time Machine and copy/paste the same version as your collaborator is using as long as you change the name. I do this by adding in the version number at the end of the application name to differentiate versions, for example Logic Pro X 1042 or something. *Note - you must leave your latest version with it's default app name (Logic Pro X) This would mean that you can both use the same version to work with, albeit you won't have access to any newer features.
2) You could export the MP2 track(s) as audio so your collaborator can at least hear them, even if he can't adapt them.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby dapizz601 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:58 pm

My version is 10.4.4. I'll have to find out what he is using.

Thank you for the suggestions, I will give getting an older version of Logic a try.

Do you know of any other way to get an older version besides time machine backup? I recently got a new computer, and unfortunately don't have a backup of an older version.
dapizz601

Postby garfy » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:22 pm

Well, you could always get the version your friend is using off of him. As long as you had it as well and just updated from it (i.e. you had a licence for that version) then it doesn't go against an Apple EULA AFAIK.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby dapizz601 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:17 pm

That's good advice, we'll try going that route.

Thanks again for your help!
dapizz601

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More