Sampletank 3 silent in Cakewalk.

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Sampletank 3 silent in Cakewalk.

Postby onthelethe » Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:19 am

Windows 10, latest version of Cakewalk.

My SampleTank 3 install works fine as a standalone (using an iRig I/O Keys with the ASIO4ALL drivers). But when I load ST3 into a Cakewalk track, and use the master bus as the output, I can't get any sound at all. The onscreen keyboard responds to clicking, and also to the iRig's key presses, and there's indicated activity in the levels meter that shows that sound is being produced, but still, silence. Using the exact same input/output combination for other VSTs works fine. Mystifying and aggravating.
onthelethe

Re: Sampletank 3 silent in Cakewalk.

Postby DarkStar » Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:58 am

Sounds like a channel routing issue between ST3 and Cakewalk. Here are a few things to check:
-- what MIDI channel are the instruments loaded in ST3 set to? (in the column headed "CH")
-- do MIDI notes from a MIDI item in Cakewalk or from a MIDI keyboard trigger any instruments?
-- do the instruments' meters show an audio level?
-- what output channels are selected for the channels (incl Returns and Master) in ST3's Mixer?
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby onthelethe » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:36 pm

-- what MIDI channel are the instruments loaded in ST3 set to? (in the column headed "CH")\

- Doesn't seem to matter; I've tried them all.

-- do MIDI notes from a MIDI item in Cakewalk or from a MIDI keyboard trigger any instruments?

Yes, both the onscreen and external MIDI keyboard trigger the notes.

-- do the instruments' meters show an audio level?

Aye, they do.

-- what output channels are selected for the channels (incl Returns and Master) in ST3's Mixer?

I've never used the program enough to make any buses or returns; it's just outputting to the master bus.

As noted, this combination of settings described above, when applied to any other VST loaded into Cakewalk, results in correct output.
onthelethe

Postby DarkStar » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:06 pm

Thank you. If the Master meters in ST3's Mixer show the audio level then the plug-in is working as expected. There must be some sort of routing / muting/ etc problem in Cakewalk itself.

I have never used Cakewalk so cannot help you there.

As this is primarily a user to user forum, someone-else may chime in. Meanwhile, the best thing to do is raise a Support Ticket, here:
http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/
for some one to one help (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally).

Or try a Cakewalk forum?
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby onthelethe » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:38 pm

Done and done! Thanks for the troubleshooting mate.
onthelethe

Postby zzz00m » Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:16 pm

I have the latest version of Cakewalk.

When I load up ST3, it plays fine like any other plugin I have.

From what you have reported, it appears that you see output activity on the ST3 mixer, but Cakewalk is silent.

The meters on the Cakewalk instrument track header signal MIDI input from your controller. You are seeing that activity, correct?

So when you open the Console view in Cakewalk, does your instrument track show audio activity on the channel strip meters?

Is the output on the Cakewalk channel strip routed to "Master" bus, or is is routed directly to you audio hardware output? It should work either way, but make sure that it is not set to "None" or something else not in your output signal path.

Are you using the default project template, or a custom one?
zzz00m

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More