SampleTank 4 import samples

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

SampleTank 4 import samples

Postby alegamba » Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:02 am

In ST3 I used to import my own aiff or wav and map them so I could play them on the keyboard. In ST4 it seems you can only load the sample to a note, but you cant play it all along the keyboard. Am I wrong?

thanx
alegamba

Re: SampleTank 4 import samples

Postby Ryan_IK » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:48 pm

The SampleTank 3 and SampleTank 4 import processes will be very similar. Please make sure to read the User Manual from your User Area -> My Products section of your IK Multimedia account (https://www.ikmultimedia.com/userarea/my-products/) to get the best possible results from imported sounds. Section 3.3 should start this topic.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby alegamba » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:01 pm

Thanx for reply, I did the exact same thing but got difference results on St3 and ST4...
alegamba

Postby DarkStar » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:13 pm

In that case, it would be worth raising a Support Ticket, here:
http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/
so that they can investigate and comment (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally).

Please supply the details of what you did, the generated instrument (and sample) files and the differences you found.

Meaningless, if you prefer the samples Imported into ST3, you can always, add the ST3 library path to ST4's Preference Settings. Then you can use them in ST4. If they sound different there then it could be down to the built-in effects in ST4.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby RikkShow » Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:56 am

FWIW - I have recently tried this and it is still not working. So, I have sent in a support ticket about ST4 Sample Import mapping not working. Waiting to hear back.

I invested in ST3/4/Syntronik so that I could use IK libraries together with my own imports and layer them up. Unfortunately that whole idea is now on hold due to the buggy importing. If this can get some attention I would appreciate it greatly. Thank you!
RikkShow

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:45 pm

Have you tried the separate and full-blown SampleTank 4 Editor?
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby RikkShow » Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:36 pm

Unfortunately I do not have it. I have ST3 SE, most of the ST4 Hitmaker series and some Syntronik.

By they way I also have the MTM speakers and the HD2 mic and a bunch of TR5s.

But it seems I do not qualify for an automatic account addition of the ST4 editor.

Maybe a kind soul at IK would consider me a loyal enough customer to get the editor? Much appreciated if that is possible. Thanks for responding!
RikkShow

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More