Separate outputs for Drum programs

Syntronik, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik, Sonik Synth, SampleMoog, SampleTron, Xpansion Tank series and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Separate outputs for Drum programs

Postby richwallen » Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:21 pm

Greetings.

I have an issue I have wanted to work on but because I have other drum samplers I never took the time to delve in.

On the drum programs, how do I output the sounds to separate channels on the mixer? I cannot seen any options to split kick, snare, toms, etc to separate outputs.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Rich
richwallen

Re: Separate outputs for Drum programs

Postby Ryan_IK » Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:07 pm

On SampleTank 4 or SampleTank 3 Mac/PC, you can use the "Mix" page to assign different outputs to your different instruments. The output options are at the bottom of each channel.

Once your outputs are set in SampleTank, you can use your DAW to route these outputs to different audio tracks. Each DAW will offer a slightly different way to do this, but each process will be very similar.

Check with our team if you need any extra help.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby richwallen » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:16 pm

Yes, thank you for your reply.

I understand the mixer and routing from each sound. What I want to do withing a drum patch is route kick to an output, snare to another, toms another, etc. i can find how to route the whole instrument but not how to separate the individual drum sounds.

Thanks for the kind reply.

Rich
richwallen

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:20 pm

Since SampleTank 4 is a workstation at heart, most of the instruments will be full kits. If you want more precise control over the elements, you might want to set the range of multiple instances of a kit and then process/pan each instance (which is still possible within a single SampleTank 4 instance due to its multi-output functionality).
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby richwallen » Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:54 am

So you are saying to open up as many instances as i need outputs for and route each instance to a separate output? Not possible within one kit?

Thanks,

Rich
richwallen

Postby Ryan_IK » Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:19 pm

richwallen wrote:So you are saying to open up as many instances as i need outputs for and route each instance to a separate output? Not possible within one kit?

Thanks,

Rich

SampleTank 4 drum kits which do not offer single elements will not be able to separate their elements into different parts. While the EDIT page (Bottom left hand corner about the PITCH wheel) for some will offer the "Elements" drop down to make specific edits to your drums (Kick, Snare, etc), if you want to process each drum with it's own Plug-ins or FX, you would need to try what Peter suggested. Load the kit you are interested in on multiple Parts, then use the Layers/Splits page to set one part to just your Kick, another to just Snare and so on. From here, you can use the MIXER page to add FX or route your drums to different channels in your DAW. This would all be with a single instance of SampleTank 4.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Return to SampleTank & Other Virtual Instruments