SampleTank 4 and Multiple Instances?

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

SampleTank 4 and Multiple Instances?

Postby TheAnti » Wed May 29, 2019 5:37 pm

Does Sampletank 4 have a "single mode" for running multiple instances? SampleTank 3 takes about 1 gigabyte or 2 of RAM per instance, which is far too high for me.
TheAnti

Re: SampleTank 4 and Multiple Instances?

Postby Peter_IK » Wed May 29, 2019 10:09 pm

SampleTank is a multi-output plugin so it does not have a "single" mode. There have been some great optimizations to SampleTank 4 in its latest iterations and it may be efficient enough for your use.

I also would like to ask why you'd need to run multiple instances instead of using the full multi-output capabilities which were made to create a workstation that only needs a single instantiation for most typical projects? Most DAWs have great support for multi-output virtual instrument plugins.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby TheAnti » Thu May 30, 2019 1:39 am

Thanks!

It's more of a preference than a need. Using multi-outs always feels like a clunky process to me. They sort of engulf the entire project as if they're made to doing everything inside the plug-in rather than the DAW itself. This wouldn't be too bad if you're only using that one VST. I find it easier to stay organized and work faster with multiple instances because they fit more naturally into the DAW... or my DAW at least [FL Studio].
TheAnti

Postby Peter_IK » Thu May 30, 2019 2:27 am

Hmmm good point if your DAW makes it a bit clunky. I lean mostly toward Cubase and there with a separate MIDI track and audio output track for each instrument I think it ends up being laid out well and flexible. I do surely see your point. I've seen reports of SampleTank 4 being less than 1GB per instance but your results will vary, of course, with what you load into each.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby TheAnti » Thu May 30, 2019 4:17 am

hmmm nearing 1GB sounds pretty high but that's definitely an improvement, not that it's a dealbreaker by anymeans. Thanks for the heads up!
TheAnti

Postby Peter_IK » Thu May 30, 2019 5:17 pm

TheAnti wrote:hmmm nearing 1GB sounds pretty high but that's definitely an improvement, not that it's a dealbreaker by anymeans. Thanks for the heads up!

It should be a good bit under that, was using that figure as a reference based off of your initial post figures :)
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More