Using older Sampletank libraries

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Using older Sampletank libraries

Postby daveelson » Fri May 24, 2019 8:54 pm

Hello

It's been ages since I was here. I was always just a hobbyist, and I've been out of playing around with music for some time. I have just retired so I have more time on my hands and I'm setting up a new computer to start again (basically).
I have quite a few older libraries for Sampletank and it's equivalents - what would be the cheapest way to use these, assuming that Sampletank 2 is obviously dated. Is there a free Sampletank 4 player that will load up these older programs?
Any help appreciated.
daveelson

Re: Using older Sampletank libraries

Postby Peter_IK » Fri May 24, 2019 8:56 pm

Best would be to import them into SampleTank 3 Custom Shop which is free.

If you want to delve into SampleTank 4 you can currently get the SE version SampleTank 4 SE for only $49.99 in our Krazy Deal. If you went that route, you'd still need to import your SampleTank 2.x libraries into SampleTank 3 as they will not import directly into SampleTank 4 but after you do that you can indeed use them in ST4 SE.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby daveelson » Fri May 24, 2019 9:00 pm

Thanks Peter - that was quick.
Being retired now and on fixed income (I never thought I'd be saying that) I'll heck out that S3 free player first.
Appreciate it.
daveelson

Postby daveelson » Fri May 24, 2019 9:39 pm

I don't have Sampletank 3 Free version and it looks like it's not available any more.
To keep me going, is Sampletank 2 64 bit? I can use for a while until upgrade.
daveelson

Postby Peter_IK » Fri May 24, 2019 9:41 pm

daveelson wrote:I don't have Sampletank 3 Free version and it looks like it's not available any more.
To keep me going, is Sampletank 2 64 bit? I can use for a while until upgrade.

It is SampleTank 3 Custom Shop and should be in your IK account. If you don't see it please let IK Support know and they can help you out.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby daveelson » Fri May 24, 2019 9:46 pm

I did just see a custom shop ST there, I'll go back.
Thanks again Peter!
daveelson

Postby Peter_IK » Tue May 28, 2019 4:18 pm

No problem. Enjoy!
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More