SampleTank 4 issue

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

SampleTank 4 issue

Postby smlarge51 » Thu May 09, 2019 8:30 pm

I was finally able to successfully download ST4 4.0.4 after seven attempts.
I still cannot "see" any instruments after downloading the Sound Content files off the USB Drive for Mac, after I open up the ST4 application icon.

I can only assume the ST4 application file cannot find the "sounds", the instruments.

Can someone tell me what file name path they have successfully used?

The default for the USB Drive installation is: MacHD/Users/Shared/IK Multimedia/SampleTank4/Instruments (14 folders)(79.86Gb) (for I guess the ST4 instruments)
AND
MacHD/Users/Shared/IK Multimedia/SampleTank4/Library Info/Instruments (21 folders)
Library Info/Samples (22 folders)
( for a total of 34.54Gb) (for I guess the ST3 instruments)

My only goal is to use ST4 as an AU Instrument Plug-in for Logic Pro X

Any direction will be helpful!
smlarge51

Re: SampleTank 4 issue

Postby Ryan_IK » Thu May 09, 2019 9:46 pm

smlarge51 wrote:I was finally able to successfully download ST4 4.0.4 after seven attempts.
I still cannot "see" any instruments after downloading the Sound Content files off the USB Drive for Mac, after I open up the ST4 application icon.

I can only assume the ST4 application file cannot find the "sounds", the instruments.

Can someone tell me what file name path they have successfully used?

The default for the USB Drive installation is: MacHD/Users/Shared/IK Multimedia/SampleTank4/Instruments (14 folders)(79.86Gb) (for I guess the ST4 instruments)
AND
MacHD/Users/Shared/IK Multimedia/SampleTank4/Library Info/Instruments (21 folders)

My only goal is to use ST4 as an AU Instrument Plug-in for Logic Pro X

Any direction will be helpful!

Sorry to hear you're still having troubles after so many attempts of installation. Let's see if I can help provide some useful information here. :geek:

1. While I'm not 100% sure what happened here, I noticed your listed settings are incorrect. Make sure to install your sounds to the default locations for both SampleTank 3 and SampleTank 4. These sound libraries are meant to be installed to their own locations. These locations are listed below.
    2. Once all of your sound content is installed to the default locations, select these locations in the SampleTank 4 SETTINGS > SOUND CONTENT tab. See the new SampleTank 4 Installation and Authorization Manual included with SampleTank 4 version 4.0.4 for some extra help.
    3. If you still need assistance from here, you will need to reach out to support. Our team will be more than happy to walk you through the installation process. Contact the team here. Send me a PM with your ticket number if you go this route.

Windows default location For SampleTank 3 & SampleTank 4 sounds

C:\Users\Public\Documents\IK Multimedia\SampleTank 3
C:\Users\Public\Documents\IK Multimedia\SampleTank 4

Mac default location For SampleTank 3 & SampleTank 4 sounds

Users > Shared > IK Multimedia > SampleTank 3
Users > Shared > IK Multimedia > SampleTank 4

Note* Notice you have the SampleTank 3 or SampleTank 4 folder selected. The installer should not be going to any sub folders inside the SampleTank 3 or SampleTank 4 folders.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby smlarge51 » Sat May 11, 2019 1:33 am

My findings:

Using the USB drive, uploading to a MacOS 2018 iMac, after installing the ST4 Sound Content, NO Sampletank 4 file was even created behind the IK MM folder in the path. And Sampletank 3 file either. First time that has happened... I read that the ST4 installation off the USB Drive is “easy” , so says the install manual. Well, I’ve been trying for over a week now with no success. Has anybody successfully installed the new Sample Tank 4 using the USB Drive on a MacOS system. If so, I would love to know the step by step instructions.
smlarge51

Postby smlarge51 » Sat May 11, 2019 7:12 pm

Ryan - Is my file path correct?
I already have a ticket open with Paul Hudson? I figure he's in Germany since I haven't heard from him in a while.

I just tried to post a screenshot of my file path fro ST3 and ST4.
It ain't gonna happen.

I'll post them on my ticket
smlarge51

Postby DarkStar » Sat May 11, 2019 7:36 pm

smlarge51 wrote:The default for the USB Drive installation is: MacHD/Users/Shared/IK Multimedia/SampleTank4/Instruments (14 folders)(79.86Gb) (for I guess the ST4 instruments)
AND

'm afraid that the directories that you listed are not the right ones, as Ryan_IK said. The directories to use are the two that he quoted.
Ryan_IK wrote:Mac default location For SampleTank 3 & SampleTank 4 sounds
Users > Shared > IK Multimedia > SampleTank 3
Users > Shared > IK Multimedia > SampleTank 4

Also, for posting screenshots: https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=432
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Ryan_IK » Mon May 13, 2019 3:20 pm

smlarge51 wrote:Ryan - Is my file path correct?
I already have a ticket open with Paul Hudson? I figure he's in Germany since I haven't heard from him in a while.

I just tried to post a screenshot of my file path fro ST3 and ST4.
It ain't gonna happen.

I'll post them on my ticket

Shoot me a PM with your ticket number and I'll check into your ticket for you.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby Ryan_IK » Tue May 14, 2019 8:56 pm

For anyone still having issues, make sure check out the latest FAQ article on installing SampleTank 4.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?id=1235

This one is for Digital Download users, but the process is mainly the same for Boxed users.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More