Installing Sample Tank 4

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Installing Sample Tank 4

Postby dmcgrew » Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:05 am

I currently have Syntronik and ST3 installed on my C drive but I'm running out of room, How do I install ST4 on my D drive successfully? I spent hours unsuccessfully.... would love some advice.
dmcgrew

Re: Installing Sample Tank 4

Postby DarkStar » Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:35 pm

You should be able to install the ST4 software onto your C:/ drive too.

We can probably help, but first what have you done so far and what problems are you running into?
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby dmcgrew » Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:25 pm

Thanks DarkStar...

I installed the program files on the C: drive and attempted to place all the samples on the D: drive but I did not set the structure up correctly. Support sent me a picture of the structure and mine did not match. He did say I needed to install the ST4 program files on the root directory. Should I save all the ST4 samples to a file like: D:\Sample Tank 4 and let the intallers set up the structure below? Also, what about ST3 and Syntronik sample files on the C: drive?

Help is appreciated.

Dan
dmcgrew

Postby DarkStar » Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:37 pm

I would do something like this, on the D:/ drive:
  • create a folder D:/IK Multimedia
  • create a folder D:/IK Multimedia/SampleTank 4
  • install the ST4 sounds library files into D:/IK Multimedia/SampleTank 4
  • create a folder D:/IK Multimedia/SampleTank 3
  • move your existing ST3 sounds library folders and files (Instruments, Samples, Patterns, cache db files etc) into that folder (that will include the Syntronik instruments too).
Start ST4 standalone program and select both of those folders in the preference settings.
Start ST3 standalone program and select the ST3 folder in the preference settings.
Start Syntronik standalone program and select the ST3 folder in the preference settings.

NB The ST4 sounds library includes some ST3 instruments, so if you already have them in the ST3 sounds library, you do not need to install them again.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby dmcgrew » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:56 pm

Thanks for the advice.... I'll give it a try!
dmcgrew

Postby dmcgrew » Wed May 01, 2019 5:58 pm

DarkStar... that seemed to work. Although I haven't checked a large volume of sounds, everything I tried worked... thanks for the advice!
dmcgrew

Postby halfcack » Mon May 06, 2019 11:46 pm

Hi Guys,

So after four to five clean factory resets of my Mac Airbook, I am almost at the end of installing SampleTank3, one keystroke away.

Then, a sign comes up that says you courtesy 10 day grace period is up. I have to get this to download a stand alone ST3 device.

Then, I am nobody. new, a cob and geezer. One step away.

Pete, I am getting weary. I do this as a hobby my music touring days are over plus during this I have to listen to and intermittent sample of white noise, even while I write this email.

I paid 9.99 for the right to download sounds from ST3 I bought three times, yes three times.

I am irked. It takes so much to get me there and I guess I am without sleep so forgive me.

What is going on. All I can see the people who were representing the SampleTank 4 as the end all to music have left like rats that think they can swim and replaced by Joe Satriani, a guitarist.

Could someone there give me a hand. I've had this product since it was released and I am no closer to getting it to run than I was. All the serials are the same. Mh ID is the same, my pass is the same, my user name is same for about 10 years.

Sorry for the bad attitude but I am at the tipping point to get a Yamaha Genius which I'm sure it is.

Please find out why the grace period is gone for my 9.95 privilege to download old sound is gone along with ST4 which says I have 105 days left.

I don't understand this to begin with but I have always tried to be uplifting. I won't do another thing until I hear from someone, sorry guys, no sleep since last night with the last old try. I like the last post but should I have to make up a bunch of folders which the products won't go to anyway.

I've been a good boy, I am a geezer and I am and have been trying to make this work, please consider this a ticket number request. I really just want to write a few songs.

While, my iPad is begging me to come back. Help. Please
halfcack

Postby Peter_IK » Tue May 07, 2019 4:19 pm

Someone at IK can certainly give a hand as this isn't a great medium for direct technical support. I believe you have a ticket or tickets open, and the support team is more than happy to assist. Please let me know if there are tickets that you don't feel are helpful by passing your ticket number(s) to me and Ryan_IK via private message.

The 10 day warning would mean that you have not authorized SampleTank with Authorization Manager so you would want to do that using the serial number from your IK User Area. This does not have anything to do with sound download period, there is no connection there. This is simply that you do not have the SampleTank program itself properly authorized. Again, that is easy to fix by opening Authorization Manager and using the serial number for the product you need to authorize there.

Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby halfcack » Sun May 19, 2019 7:34 am

DarkStar wrote:I would do something like this, on the D:/ drive:
  • create a folder D:/IK Multimedia
  • create a folder D:/IK Multimedia/SampleTank 4
  • install the ST4 sounds library files into D:/IK Multimedia/SampleTank 4
  • create a folder D:/IK Multimedia/SampleTank 3
  • move your existing ST3 sounds library folders and files (Instruments, Samples, Patterns, cache db files etc) into that folder (that will include the Syntronik instruments too).
Start ST4 standalone program and select both of those folders in the preference settings.
Start ST3 standalone program and select the ST3 folder in the preference settings.
Start Syntronik standalone program and select the ST3 folder in the preference settings.

NB The ST4 sounds library includes some ST3 instruments, so if you already have them in the ST3 sounds library, you do not need to install them again.
Nice. Good, clear and simple. Thank you !
halfcack

Postby halfcack » Sun May 19, 2019 7:40 am

While writing the last post I thought I would ask you if there is a way to get GarageBand to copy the sounds from ST3 or ST4 or both.

I followed the directions you gave. Everything worked except the find all sounds was not active.

Thank you.
halfcack

Postby DarkStar » Sun May 19, 2019 12:59 pm

I do not know GarageBand. What exactly do you want it to do? No DAW can use ST3 or ST4 sounds other than by loading the ST3 or ST4 plug-ins.

I am not sure what you meant by "the find all sounds was not active".
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby halfcack » Sun May 19, 2019 8:39 pm

Well, thank you, no more waste of time looking.

In the post and url to app's page gave instructions how to get GB to look for any sounds.

Go to Safari, preferences, etc.

https://support.apple.com/kb/PH24994?vi ... cale=en_US

Choose GarageBand > Sound Library > Download All Available Sounds.

In the dialog, click Get.

Reinstall the Sound Library
Choose GarageBand > Sound Library > Reinstall Sound Library.

In the dialog, click Reinstall.

I don’t understand why they would make provision to look for all available sounds, if it wouldn’t.

I believe it can’t be done because you know what you are talking about.

Which brings another question.

In downloading and installing ST3 and ST4, are there things I don’t need to keep from the original install process to make some room on my drive.

I have all saved on an external SSD.

Thank you.
halfcack

Postby DarkStar » Sun May 19, 2019 8:58 pm

? Sorry, that was not me. I do not know Safari either.

As for the downloaded files, IK Multimedia recommends that you keep all the download files (on an separate back-up disk perhaps) so that if you need to reinstall the sounds for any reason you have them quickly available and do not need to download them again (possibly incurring a Download Reactivation fee).
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby halfcack » Sun May 19, 2019 11:12 pm

DarkStar wrote:? Sorry, that was not me. I do not know Safari either.

As for the downloaded files, IK Multimedia recommends that you keep all the download files (on an separate back-up disk perhaps) so that if you need to reinstall the sounds for any reason you have them quickly available and do not need to download them again (possibly incurring a Download Reactivation fee).
Ok, sorry on that.

It was a confusing time much more remembering who posted what.

I do have all backed up, this time. I did incur the 10$ fee to re-download ST3. Because of the in app purchase system and refusal to label free to pro, I had to buy ST3, three individual times for my iPad 11 and MacBook Air for a fourth. I haven’t bought from that store since I had to buy Auria Pro twice, at the time from .99 per app to a whopping 49.50 plus tax per rendering.

I won’t blame this quote on you but someone posted that the reason ST3 sounded so much better than ST4 was that it was done by a multitude of studio musicians who were all involved in hit records. I believe ST4 was sampled by one person.

Like the Wrecking Crew who did almost all of the tracking for just about everyone, in my day, like Steely Dan, Becker and Fagen great musicians and a whole lot of other bands whose musicianship wasn’t up to the studio guys who recorded the tracks.

Anyway, thank you. Everything is up and working. The NI A61 is controlling everything as it promised and there was a huge amount of operator error on my part.

The final purchase price of 70.99$ and 10$ to reload a purchase already paid for is in the past. Also it’s the last.
halfcack

Postby dlgebert » Tue May 21, 2019 2:40 pm

halfcack wrote:All I can see the people who were representing the SampleTank 4 as the end all to music have left like rats

DarkStar wrote:? Sorry, that was not me. I do not know Safari either.

I was the one who helped you with downloading ST4 directly to your external SSD drive using Safari.

I don't know about the other rats, but I've been busy creating new music using Sample Tank 4 MAX on my IMac. ST4 is not the end all to music, but it's a great compliment to all of the other tools I also use.

Dave - {not Dark Star}
dlgebert

Next

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More