Assign different Syntronik presets to different tracks?[Reso

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Assign different Syntronik presets to different tracks?[Reso

Postby XilburQost » Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:54 pm

This may be a really noob question as I'm a newbie to using Syntronik virtual synths with Reaper, but I just purchased Syntronik's beautiful DCO-X emulator and have assigned its "Bowed Soft Sweep Pad" to one of my Reaper project's tracks. Works great! I then assigned the DCO-X emulator's "Electric Piano 1" preset to another track in the same project.

PROBLEM: Each track now plays both DCO-X presets simultaneously. Why is that? I want one preset to go to one track, and the other preset to go to another track. I'm assuming it's some sort of channel thing, but I can't figure out where to adjust it. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
XilburQost

Re: Assign different Syntronik presets to different tracks?

Postby garfy » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:18 pm

Hi armonia0

I think the issue you're having is that Syntronik isn't multitimbral. It sounds like you are loading presets into the layers of the synth, but these can't be addressed by different MIDI channels, they're always stacked. You can adapt the key range so one sound will be triggered by a different octave(s) of a MIDI keyboard to another, but otherwise you will need to instantiate a new Syntronik instrument each time you want a completely separate sound to be addressed by a different MIDI track.

Hope that answers the question. Shout back if you need any more info.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby XilburQost » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:33 pm

Thanks garfy! That makes sense. Another noob question: How do I instantiate a new Syntronik instrument?

I've done some research but still can't figure it out. I assumed Reaper automatically created new instances with each new track. If it's too big a question can you point me in the right direction? Thanks again!
XilburQost

Postby garfy » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:11 pm

Yeah I mean make a new instrument track with a new syntronik, just as you did in the first instance.

I don’t use Reaper myself, so I can’t walk you through it but moderator DarkStar does so he might chime in to give you some advice when he sees this thread.
garfy

Postby XilburQost » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:47 pm

Yep, the Syntronic "instances" are on separate tracks, which is why I can't figure out why it's giving me trouble. I've got plenty of CPU HP to handle multiple instances, I think (Intel Core i7-5820K Haswell-E and 32GB ram). Probably something simple I'm overlooking. Thanks again!
XilburQost

Postby garfy » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:55 pm

Your computer specs are more than adequate.

It's not something simple like both MIDI tracks are armed for recording and so both are seeing the MIDI input? Should only one track be armed at a time?

Apart from that, I'm out of ideas I'm afraid.
garfy

Postby XilburQost » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:07 pm

Aha! Both MIDI tracks were taking input from the same external MIDI controller (Impact LX25+). Switching my new track's input to HD Audio Stereo appears to have resolved the issue. I've got so much to learn. :)

Thanks again garfy!
XilburQost

Postby garfy » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:48 am

Hey, glad you've got it sorted. As for having so much to learn - we're musicians, we never know everything. I've been involved in music and sound for more than 30 years and I still learn something new each day! :D

Feel free to ask any questions you may have, either in the specific boards for IKM software or in the General Discussions forum for other things related to music production.

As this post is resolved for the user it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy. If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic.
garfy

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More