can you open syntronik in st4?

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

can you open syntronik in st4?

Postby djwaxxy » Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:04 pm

im really loving the new st4 but I cant seem too open syntronik patches so I can edit them as I can in sytronik ..
its showing the presets and they load fine but id like it too display the same gui as it does in syntronik but I cant find it instead all I can do is edit the sounds in the st4 edit options which is not what I want too do id rather use the syntronik guis there much easier to edit because your seeing the exact parmeters you want..is this possible?
also I can load up older products such as soniksynth 2 but they too can display so I don't edit the same way..are they possible?
djwaxxy

Re: can you open syntronik in st4?

Postby garfy » Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:45 pm

The Syntronik/ST3/Legacy presets open sounding identical in ST4. All of the parameters available to you in Syntronik are available to you in ST4, but the native GUI is not - the visual is the only difference.

You should also note that ST4 presets open with a different Edit Panel compared with ST3 and other legacy presets to reflect the parameters from the older software.

Hope that helps.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby DarkStar » Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:56 pm

To use legacy sounds such as Sonik Synth 2 (SS2), you will need to Import them into ST3 (ST4 does not have such an Import feature), then add the ST3 library path to ST4's preference settings. And, as garfy said, you would see the ST4 GUI, not SS2's.

Now as ST4 effects have moved on from those in SS2 there may be some minor differences in sound.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby djwaxxy » Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:28 pm

thanks for the heads up much appreciated ..its a real shame you cant use the orginal guis on instruments not contained in st4,i prefer using the syntronik guis there more easier too use because some syntronik instruments have very little in the way of tweaking so your set to use what is only there so for me it makes you think more of it as external gear instead of a standard process contained in another product.

I think what ill do is if im using syntronik stuff just use the normal syntronik plugin and any st4/st3 products just use those for there own stuff.

one thing I have noticed though if I use st4 it seems too max out my cpu much quicker than st3 or syntronik ..in Cubase 10 if I load up 5 or more instruments within st4 my computer glitches like crazy especially if I load up the guitar sounds in st4..any recommendations for that?thanks
djwaxxy

Postby DarkStar » Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:31 pm

ST4 does seem to use more CPU than ST3 or Syntronik for some users. If they do all you want, then stick with using ST3 / Syntronik. Then use ST4 for the new sounds. Also, it might help to increase the audio buffer (block) size - but you will get a higher latency.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby garfy » Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:32 pm

djwaxxy wrote:...if I load up 5 or more instruments within st4 my computer glitches like crazy especially if I load up the guitar sounds in st4..any recommendations for that?thanks

As DarkStar says, increasing the buffer size may help. Also, if you are using the most up-to-date version (4.0.3) you can dictate how some resources are used by going to Settings>Streaming and optimizing hard drive load.
garfy

Postby djwaxxy » Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:26 pm

thanks ill do that..ive been working on a track and its just glitched and crashed ive lost everything :(
djwaxxy

Postby garfy » Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:31 am

Oh no! That's never good is it. What DAW are you using?

I always make it a habit to ensure that auto-save is on (if your DAW has such a thing) as well as doing incremental saves every hour or so if I'm working for that long. It does mean that you use some additional space with saving new versions of projects, but if a file ever corrupts or you have an unexpected crash you hopefully haven't lost too much work.
garfy

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More