Error when loading ST4 sound

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Re: Error when loading ST4 sound

Postby slagpile » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:18 pm

I have replied to my own ticket and realize that these guys are probably pretty busy with trying to figure out whats going on but they must also realize that this is a major issue. My ST4 was on a USB stick and I just followed the installation procedures like I have done with all my previous IK Software. The issue seems to be with ST4 as all my other instruments load fine and all the content and samples are in the proper folders. If anyone has success before the ticket is answered let me know. Cheers.
slagpile

Postby lepate68 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:04 am

I have found the source of my issue with ERROR. The problem seems to be the lack of .pak files that are missing. All instruments that have the associated .pak files all work faultlessly.
So why are these files not included in the downloads. I have quite a few but, missing a lot more. Support says the missing .pak files relate to ST3 and asked me to reinstall.
When i open the ST4 app all the instruments from ST3 and ST4 are listed in the instrument column. I have been thru all of them and the ones that work all have a .pak file.
Two questions, 1: Were they not included in the downloads? 2: Did I somehow loose them by not installing them properly? or is there something I am missing? Is there a separate download for .pak files i missed. I do have some but not all. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks, Larry
lepate68

Postby DarkStar » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:11 am

You need to go back to Support with those questions, as only they can answer definitively. In particular ask exactly which download files the missing .pak files are in (should be in).

As I understand it the instruments listed in the Browsers are based on the "instrument-definition" files (.st3i or .st4i) that are found in the "Instruments" folders. The presence of the required sample (.pak) files is checked only when the instrument is loaded.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby lepate68 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:40 pm

I want to give a big THANK YOU to the IK support team for sticking with me to solve a problem that I caused. Seems I failed to down load all the parts 1-8, of ST3, causing all my "error" messages. My apologies for being such a dunce. My stupidity amazes me sometimes!
ST4 is working flawlessly and sounds great and will bring me countless hours of enjoyment working with a great musical asset. Thanks again SUPPORT!

Best regards, Larry
lepate68

Postby slagpile » Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:56 am

Lepate68, so glad to hear everything is working fine and you are up and running. I have been thinking of just downloading everything from the net but I bought the USB Stick for a reason and downloading takes so much time (Syntronik nearly drove me crazy that's why I always opt for the DVD's or USB when available). Still going on 18 days with no word and have replied to my ticket so hopefully I can get this resolved. Enjoy the new sounds and hopefully I will be able to post the same.
slagpile

Postby shmihe » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:52 pm

slagpile wrote:Lepate68, so glad to hear everything is working fine and you are up and running. I have been thinking of just downloading everything from the net but I bought the USB Stick for a reason and downloading takes so much time (Syntronik nearly drove me crazy that's why I always opt for the DVD's or USB when available). Still going on 18 days with no word and have replied to my ticket so hopefully I can get this resolved. Enjoy the new sounds and hopefully I will be able to post the same.

I had errors with quite a few patches/multis, and single instruments.

And I also bought and installed the USB version initially, for the same reasons that you did.

I ended up downloading the entire catalog of sound content and program installers from the website. I replaced most of the synth instruments with a new install from the website, as well as some of the percussion instruments. This fixed all of the errors and crashing from the not-loading (corrupted) sounds that I was getting.

I posted many of the instruments and multis on KVR, and all of those were confirmed as corrupted by more than one person.

Finally, not even all of the ST4 content was Included on the USB stick for us, we still had GBs of content to download and install. I do not remember anybody telling me, or reading about this, I found out on my own.

So all of the reasons I opted to pay more for a USB stick instead of waiting for the internet downloads to be complete, didn't work out as planned.

Anyhow, I didn't reinstall everything, but I have them ready to if I need to. I checked the names and instruments involved in the patches that were messed up, and found what (downloaded) files they were included in, so I only had to reinstall those.

After doing this, and installing the 4.04 update, I've had no more problems (directly from ST4 - yet) If I discover more issues with instruments not loading correctly, I will just reinstall the file that it came from from the one I downloaded (not USB).
shmihe

Postby slagpile » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:31 pm

Smihe, thanks for the reply and info. I would still like to work with the tech staff on this ticket as I believe this to be the best option but its been awhile on any reply. However, if the USB stick was missing files or had files corrupted I would like a new one with the correct files installed. I really, really want to avoid downloading from the net and I prefer to have a "hard copy" on hand as an easy re-install in case of a computer crash etc. Thanks again for that information it was extremely helpful.
slagpile

Postby slagpile » Thu May 02, 2019 11:56 am

Just wanted to add an update as ST4 is now up and running. I did follow the path that Shmihe took and downloaded all the content from the net. I then deleted any instance of ST4 in any folders it resided in on my C drive. I then re-installed everything again from scratch and voila it worked. I did let tech support know I was now up and running and got the ticket closed. Thanks again Shmihe for the advice and ST4 sounds and works great.
slagpile

Postby shmihe » Fri May 03, 2019 6:34 pm

slagpile wrote:Just wanted to add an update as ST4 is now up and running. I did follow the path that Shmihe took and downloaded all the content from the net. I then deleted any instance of ST4 in any folders it resided in on my C drive. I then re-installed everything again from scratch and voila it worked. I did let tech support know I was now up and running and got the ticket closed. Thanks again Shmihe for the advice and ST4 sounds and works great.

Glad to hear that you got it working, and I am happy to have helped!
shmihe

Postby pietlich » Sun May 05, 2019 12:16 pm

Slagpile, I'm glad to hear you got ST4 up and running.
As I'm still getting errors when trying to load ST4 sounds and my ticket is not responded to anymore I'm thinking about trying the same and download everything from the site instead of using the USB stick content.
Before I'll try this I'd like to know whether you also downloaded the ST3 content or just the
ST4 content. I believe you mentioned that you only had problems with ST4 like I have.
Because it's such a timeconsuming proces I'd rather not download the ST3 content so
please let me know what you did, very much appreciated!
pietlich

Postby Peter_IK » Mon May 06, 2019 5:11 pm

pietlich wrote:Slagpile, I'm glad to hear you got ST4 up and running.
As I'm still getting errors when trying to load ST4 sounds and my ticket is not responded to anymore I'm thinking about trying the same and download everything from the site instead of using the USB stick content.
Before I'll try this I'd like to know whether you also downloaded the ST3 content or just the
ST4 content. I believe you mentioned that you only had problems with ST4 like I have.
Because it's such a timeconsuming proces I'd rather not download the ST3 content so
please let me know what you did, very much appreciated!

If you currently have a ticket open and don't feel it is being handled to your satisfaction, please see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19505 for specific information on how to get help (basically PM Ryan_IK and myself with yoru ticket number(s) for further assistance to see what has happened). Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby slagpile » Tue May 07, 2019 12:02 pm

pielich, I already had ST3 on the computer so did not uninstall any of ST3 just all instances of ST4. I am almost 100 percent certain the errors were somewhere on the USB stick. If you download all ST4 content from the net, make sure you have a folder for "Sampletank 4" in Users-Public-Public documents-IK Multimedia (you should have Sampletank 3 there already) then once you run the updated installers, library, and instrument execs for ST4. install the sound content to the Sampletank 4 folder. This worked for me. I know IK multimedia always wants a ticket open and that's exactly what I had for 2 months but sometimes its quicker to get the answer on the forum...that's life. Good luck and keep me posted.
slagpile

Postby pietlich » Thu May 30, 2019 1:51 pm

After downloading the ST4 content from the site, installation was easy and I finally
got ST4 running.
So a lot of wasted time due to a faulty USB stick.
But to end with a positive note: I'm working on a new project now with some new ST4
sounds and it's going to be great!
pietlich

Postby shmihe » Thu May 30, 2019 3:23 pm

pietlich wrote:After downloading the ST4 content from the site, installation was easy and I finally
got ST4 running.
But to end with a positive note: I'm working on a new project now with some new ST4

Yes, many of us who bought the USB stick wasted a lot of our time trying to figure out what the errors were and why we had them. That was a worthless and stressful (but paid extra for) venture. Why would we be thinking we didn't have to download anything? :?

I am glad that part of the installation (and not using it) is over.

Throw us a party for our hassles IK?!
shmihe

Postby Peter_IK » Thu May 30, 2019 5:20 pm

shmihe wrote:
pietlich wrote:After downloading the ST4 content from the site, installation was easy and I finally
got ST4 running.

Yes, many of us who bought the USB stick wasted a lot of our time trying to figure out what the errors were and why we had them. That was a worthless and stressful (but paid extra for) venture. Why would we be thinking we didn't have to download anything? :?

I am glad that part of the installation (and not using it) is over.

Throw us a party for our hassles IK?!

Any issues with USB stick installation was the exception rather than the rule. Sorry to hear you had trouble but you were in the unfortunate very small minority. If you feel IK should do something for you, this is not a support forum you 'd want to bring that up in your ticket about the issue.

The USB stick was by far the fastest and easiest method of install.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

PreviousNext

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More