Error when loading ST4 sound

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Error when loading ST4 sound

Postby pietlich » Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:35 am

My issue resembles several others I saw on the forum, for ex.:

Re: Sample Tank 4 won't load sounds
Postby cfcboc » Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:57 pm

Okay. I installed SampleTank4 from the USB drive that was sent in the boxed version. Authorization completed successfully. I ran the SampleTank4 stand-alone program and selected an Instrument and then a specific subset of that instrument and got the error message Instrument ST4 error: Instrument ST4 Error. Cannot locate Tank at path 'C:/Users/Public/Documents/IK Multimedia/SampleTank 4/Samples/SampleTank 4/Organs/Tonewheel Organs/Clean Bright 008808008/Organ Key Click.pak'.e

I've contacted support but after my second ticket no reactions anymore.
Last reaction was 29/03/2019.
My last ticket nr.:#881074
Any suggestions welcome!
pietlich

Re: Error when loading ST4 sound

Postby mediamentor » Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:18 pm

ST4_Organs_Samples_Part1.zip
Windows 38 down from the top.

Note: there is no "Organ Key Click.pak'.e" only Organ Key Click.pak no e at then.
Possible typo?

Best,

MM
mediamentor

Postby DarkStar » Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:49 pm

@ mediamentor,
Please raise a Support Ticket so that this problem can be investigated.

But that '.e does look incorrect to me.

@ pietlich,
Please Reply to your Support Ticket asking for an update on the investigation.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby pietlich » Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:55 pm

I just copy/pasted part of cfcboc 's post. Sorry, that might be confusing.
The problem is in the double mentioning of SampleTank 4 in the path.
Someone called it a "rogue folder " . On my computer the sounds are installed on the D drive
and has Sample Tank 4 mentioned only once in the path.

Another matter: I have two tickets on this subject but I can view only the last of them.
Is it normal I can't view the first anymore?
pietlich

Postby slagpile » Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:15 pm

I too have had a problem loading any instruments from ST4. I installed ST4 from a usb stick on two computers and all have the same result when trying to open an instrument i.e. "cannot locate path etc". Also, I cannot see any guitars when I click on the guitar folder in ST4 but all the instruments and sample content for "Guitars" are there in my "Users-Public-Documents-IK Multimedia- Sampletank 4" I have seventy some Gb of content all together in there. All my other instruments (Syntronic, Sonik Synth 2 and ST3) imported fine and all those instruments load correctly. I do have a ticket open for a month now and have responded with a dozen screen shots but to no avail and it does take time for a response so the process is slow. I did download all the updates etc but still a no go. I am pleased with all the features like the strummer, phraser etc which I can use with my older sounds and I love the new interface but would like to hear the new instruments offered in ST4. Also, I don't know if other people are having this issue but when I expand ST4 it will not populate the whole screen like it is supposed to and this is on both laptops. Hope these issues can be solved soon as I have had no problems with IK products since 2006 until now.
slagpile

Postby DarkStar » Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:17 pm

@ pietlich,
You should be able to see them all.

Go here https://techsupport.ikmultimedia.com/en/tickets.php enter the details required, then the next page should list them all. (At least, it does for me.)

@ slagpile,
Please Reply to your Support Ticket asking for an update.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby lepate68 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:35 pm

I to am having the same issue. I have contacted support, Ticket #428643, almost 12 days ago.
Still no answers! I have sent numerous screen shots and descriptions of how the issue occurs.
Seems like a software issue. If so, a notice that they are aware of the issue and are working on a solution, would be much appreciated. I have several Native Instruments apps with very large sample content, have never experienced this many issues. My patience and frustration meter is pegged. Sorry for the rant, just venting.
lepate68

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:14 pm

I've relayed your ticket information (it was 428634, for future reference) which was last replied to on Monday and should have a reply shortly if not already. Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby slagpile » Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:35 pm

Still have not heard a thing on my last ticket #573031 for two weeks reference an error when loading ST4 instruments. As stated by the entry above, a response just stating that they are aware of the problem and working on the solution would be great...just acknowledge it. Still haven't heard how these fantastic ST4 instruments sound. I have read somewhere where a 4.0.4 update is in the works but if it is I was not notified in the ticket thread.
slagpile

Postby garfy » Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:19 pm

There is a new update (4.0.4) available in your User Area, although I couldn't say if it will fix your issue.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby slagpile » Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:09 pm

Found it. Installed it. No go but thanks anyhow.
slagpile

Postby garfy » Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:14 pm

Well, worth a go.

Peter_IK or Ryan_IK will pick up your ticket number and see what's happening with official support.

In the meantime, if you reply to your own ticket, it will also alert them to the problem not being resolved yet.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby lepate68 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:47 pm

I have reinstalled all ST3 and ST4 samples and instruments to a dedicated hard drive, downloaded and installed 4.04 up date. When I open ST4 the sound content path defaults to user/shared/ IKMultimedia/ ST4. I have deleted the path and added path to my sample drive.
It loads all the data base but when I try to load a instrument It shows ST4 locked and ST3 instruments are listed. When trying to load a ST3 instrument, up pops the infamous "ERROR", I would guess it is because ST4 library is locked.
How do you get ST4 to stop defaulting to user/shared/IK/ST4 and recognize a new path?
I have deleted path, loaded data base, which shows nothing loaded, Closed app and reopened to find user /shared ect. and ST4 still locked. I am so confused....
lepate68

Postby pietlich » Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:09 pm

I've installed 4.0.4 but still the same error.
slagpile and lepate 68: thanks for your comments, you express a lot of my feelings very well.
Is good to know more people are struggling with this.
Still total silence on my ticket, haven't had a reaction since march 29th ...
pietlich

Postby lepate68 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:55 pm

I received a reply from support yesterday. It seemed to indicate that maybe I did not download and install the app and data properly. I think a detailed procedure for down loading and installing the app and data on the website would be very beneficial for a number of us that seem to be having issues. Maybe my issue was caused by me, in the process of downloading and installing.
Just a thought. Thanks.
lepate68

Next

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More