eSoundz and SampleTank 4

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

eSoundz and SampleTank 4

Postby pfsmith0 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:49 am

I know the legacy eSoundz paks can be imported into SampleTank 3. But I've seen no discussion on how to do this for SampleTank 4. Has anyone succeeded? If so, what did you do?

On a related topic, I'm wondering if it even makes sense to do this anymore given the instruments available in SampleTank 4 MAX. The eSoundz content I'm particularly interested in is listed below:
    Deluxe Piano (part of the 1st Ultimate Studio Drums Group Buy)
    Vintage Keys Collection
    Keys from the 60's and 70's
    OmniSynth 2
I have SampleTank 4 MAX and Syntronik Deluxe. How much would I be missing if I didn't bother installing the eSoundz content?

Thanks for your thoughts!
pfsmith0

Re: eSoundz and SampleTank 4

Postby DarkStar » Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:57 am

Hello pfsmith0 and welcome to the forum.

ST4 for does not have an Import Legacy libraries feature (*). So you would need to install ST3, Import into there then add the ST3 Sounds library path in ST4's Preference Settings.

It's hard to say how much you would be missing if you did not install them. It might be worth contacting eSoundz and asking them to create ST3 (or even ST4) editions of their libraries. "If you don't ask, you don't get."

(*) I suppose such a feature could be added at some time in the future, but who knows.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Re: eSoundz and SampleTank 4

Postby elpeax » Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:11 pm

DarkStar wrote:So you would need to install ST3, Import into there then add the ST3 Sounds library path in ST4's Preference Settings.

I can confirm that this works. I'm a new SampleTank user, just purchased ST4 SE, and I actually purchased some ST2 sound packs just to use them with ST4. Thankfully I could download and install the Custom Shop version of ST3 for free and do the importing there. You may want to point ST3 and ST4 to the same folder so that ST3 reads the database of what's already in there before importing the ST2 sounds, and after importing writes to the location where ST4 looks for all your ST3 content.
elpeax

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More