[RESOLVED] SampleTank 4.03 and PG Music's RealBand

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

[RESOLVED] SampleTank 4.03 and PG Music's RealBand

Postby MountainSide » Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:36 pm

Can you help me please. Please see the topic of PG Music's RealBand (RB) and IK Multimedia SampleTank 4 in the linked thread below.

There is a problem with RB and SampleTank 4 (ST4) that is not seen in PG Music's Band-in-a-Box 2019 (BIAB), Cakewalk or Reaper. The "Learn" function works in BIAB 2019, Cakewalk and Reaper but not RB.

Do you have any thoughts on why this is happening. Is this a RB issue, a jBridge issue or an ST 4 issue?

I realize that BIAB, Calkwalk and Reaper are all 64 bit apps and RB 2019 is still 32 bit. Can jBridge be configured to correct this issue?

Can you help me solve this?

Here is the link to today’s PG Music forum thread: https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthrea ... w=1#UNREAD
MountainSide

Re: SampleTank 4.03 and PG Music's RealBand

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:05 pm

Hi, the best way to get technical issues like this resolved would be to report the full details of the issue and your system information to IK Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support

I am not familiar with jBridge but I'm not sure how well SampleTank 4 will do in a 32-bit environment and I'll be there are others in that forum or the jBridge creators themselves who can look more in-depth at how their bridge works with certain products.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Re: SampleTank 4.03 and PG Music's RealBand - RESOLVED

Postby MountainSide » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:30 am

Have had conversations with jBridge developer Joao Fernandes...a great guy by the way. This issue can be resolved by accessing the jBridge app and setting jBridge up to run in "separated GUI mode" option. Then restart Realband and then go back into the SampleTank VSTi. SampleTank will then run as a stand alone app outside of RealBand and you will have access to the "Learn" function in SampleTank 4.
MountainSide

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:11 pm

Thanks for coming back with that! Not being a jBridge user I was definitely not aware of that mode. I'm sure it will help others.

Thanks again.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby bluesplayer » Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:49 am

Except that's just a work around to SampleTank 4's - Learn behavior - isn't it?
bluesplayer

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:21 pm

bluesplayer wrote:Except that's just a work around to SampleTank 4's - Learn behavior - isn't it?

...and jBridge is a workaround for using 64-bit plugins on 32-bit systems.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby bluesplayer » Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:14 pm

Peter_IK wrote:
bluesplayer wrote:Except that's just a work around to SampleTank 4's - Learn behavior - isn't it?

...and jBridge is a workaround for using 64-bit plugins on 32-bit systems.

Yes, no argumnet
bluesplayer

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:25 pm

As this post is resolved for the user it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy. If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More