Import Sampletron [Resolved]

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Import Sampletron [Resolved]

Postby johnsongenator » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:04 pm

Hi,
I installed Sampletank 4 from the IK USB drive. The standalone application is on my C drive and the sounds are on a sample drive.

I have the sounds from Sampletron, Samplemoog, SonicSynth, ST2, etc... in another folder on the same sample drive as the ST4 sounds.

I do not have Sampletank 3 installed on my computer. However, when I did have ST3 installed, I was able to import my Tron/Moog/SS/ST2 sounds easily.

I cannot figure out how to import these sounds into ST4. Yes, I have pointed to the folders in the Sound Content tab in Settings, and the database rebuilds itself (ugh...)...but no legacy sounds to be found.

Can anyone help me figure this out?
johnsongenator

Re: Import Sampletron

Postby DarkStar » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:42 pm

ST4 does not Import ST2 sounds.

If you still have the ST3 Library with the SampleTron (or other) sounds Imported into there, then you could access them by adding the ST3 library path into ST4's settings.

Otherwise, you'll need to install ST3, import the SampleTron sounds, then set the path in ST4's Settings.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby johnsongenator » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:47 pm

Thanks, Darkstar

I'll give it a go.
johnsongenator

Postby ski88keys » Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:45 pm

johnsongenator wrote:Thanks, Darkstar

I'll give it a go.

Those older ST2.5 libraries have some amazing sounds! Some are not so great... but there are so many great sounds, which used w the new effects, are crazy! Don’t forget these libraries! I was amazed at these old libraries when I started going back through them.
- SampleTank 3 and 4 Max, Total Studio 3, Komplete Ultimate, Studio One 3 Professional, Cantabile, + various sound and effects plug-ins
- I7-4700MQ, 16GB RAM, Windows 10
- Kurzweil PC2, MKii 61, Focusrite 2i2
ski88keys

Postby djwaxxy » Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:15 pm

im having same issue..so let me get this right ,in order for me too use older products such as moog collection/mirslov /sampletron/soniksynth2..i need too load them into st3 then in st4 I click on the st3 icon and load from there?they will not work as standard visable packs within the st4 browser they need loading via the st3 icon in st4?

also is this why the grid wont work in st4?i can load the grid mutis but they wont show up in st4 its saying there locked but if I load st3 they work fine.
djwaxxy

Postby garfy » Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:34 pm

djwaxxy wrote:im having same issue..so let me get this right ,in order for me too use older products such as moog collection/mirslov /sampletron/soniksynth2..i need too load them into st3 then in st4 I click on the st3 icon and load from there?they will not work as standard visable packs within the st4 browser they need loading via the st3 icon in st4?

Yes, any older sound content needs to be imported into ST3 format first. There is currently no import function within ST4.

Once you have imported your old sound content into ST3 format, they will appear in your ST3 folder on your hard drive and be available under the " ST3 Imported" icon in the left-hand column of ST4. If you had already imported them into ST3 format previously, then you do not need to do this again as they should already be readable in ST4.

djwaxxy wrote:also is this why the grid wont work in st4?i can load the grid mutis but they wont show up in st4 its saying there locked but if I load st3 they work fine.

No. The Grid is already in ST3 format and should be readable within ST4 without having to do anything other than ensure that you have added the whole SampleTank 3 directory to the Sound Content section in ST4 Settings.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby garfy » Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:34 am

As it appears that the information required by both johnsongenator and djwaxxy has been stated, I'm going to mark the thread resolved and locked it to keep the forum tidy. If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More