Sampletank 4 Standard instruments selections

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Sampletank 4 Standard instruments selections

Postby latorreccint » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:02 pm

Hello

Im writing this not because a complain but more to ask about the decision of not putting any new string instruments in Sampletank 4 standard.

Is this a good decision?

From a user perspective I thought that the Sampletank 4 standard was the full base product with the full new library and Sampletank 4 max was the base product + any add on and even more instruments, but I never thought that they won't select new string sounds for the standard version. This feels... a little like there is a big hole in the basic Sampletank 4 library as some people just didn't like the sampletank 3 instruments very much(not saying they are not good, just didn't like it a lot) and were expecting a new, completely refreshed library in the Standard version because its... standard.

Im not complaining, I really find nice instruments and some sounds from sampletank 3 that sounds so good, but I think its interesting to know why Ik didn't select some really basic category of instruments like the Strings for the standard version.
latorreccint

Re: Sampletank 4 Standard instruments selections

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:45 pm

The strings in SampleTank 3 were very good and many of them are included in SampleTank 4:

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/i ... arison.pdf

SampleTank 4 does add a huge amount of new content (over 200GB new in SampleTank 4 MAX!) but also builds on SampleTank 3 and includes many strings that will work very well for your orchestral needs in the workstation context where SampleTank excels.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More