Installing SampleTank 4 Properly[Resolved]

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Installing SampleTank 4 Properly[Resolved]

Postby stevenm » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:46 pm

After two weeks of hell trying to get sampletank 4 installed, I finally thought I was getting somewhere since receiving an email from support. I thought I was. I've installed a fresh version of 4.0.3 and the library updates, and I've installed most of the content on my external SSD (only taken 15 hours so far) and now when I get to steel drums the install folder switches back to user/shared/IK/Sampletank .....wait for it.....3???
Please, somebody who's had any success installing ST4, please just leave detailed install instructions.
In the folder Users/Shared etc, there's two folders - SampleTank 4 and SampleTank 3. Am I supposed to create a SampleTank 3 folder on my external SSD or what?

Thanks for any help in advance. There really ought to be a video, PDF, or just an easier way of installing all this content.
stevenm

Re: Installing SampleTank 4 Properly

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:06 am

The Steel Drums content is from SampleTank 3. If you've already installed SampleTank 3 in the past on this system it will choose the path for your SampleTank 3 sounds (which is accessible and usable in SampleTank 4).

This is also true of any of the content from SampleTank 3 MAX that comes with SampleTank 4 MAX like the Terry Bozzio, Neil Peart, Hugh Padgham drums, London Grooves, etc.

Also note that anybody who has or creates a Groove 3 (free) account can watch some free installments of their SampleTank 4 Explained video series including the Downloading & Installing installment.
https://www.groove3.com/tutorials/Getti ... mpleTank-4
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby stevenm » Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:09 am

Thanks Peter, so how should I install the steel drums and the ST3 content? Create a new folder on my SSD or install it in the same folder as my ST4 content? Thanks.
stevenm

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:11 am

stevenm wrote:Thanks Peter, so how should I install the steel drums and the ST3 content? Create a new folder on my SSD or install it in the same folder as my ST4 content? Thanks.

Please also see above where there is a free download/install video from Groove 3.

However, you should install that content you mention in a SampleTank 3 folder.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby stevenm » Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:17 am

Ok thanks Peter. That really NEEDS to be in the manual and clearly stated. So now I've installed the steel drums and the ST3 content in my ST4 folder (all 26gig of it).

I dare not open sampletank4 right now.

So I defo need to re install Steel drums and ST3 content into a folder next to my ST4 folder on my SSD? No way of moving stuff around?

Appreciate your time!
stevenm

Postby garfy » Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:11 pm

stevenm wrote:So I defo need to re install Steel drums and ST3 content into a folder next to my ST4 folder on my SSD? No way of moving stuff around?

You can move the content, no need to reinstall. The SampleTank 3 content folder just cannot reside inside the SampleTank 4 folder. Take the whole ST3 folder out of the ST4 folder and place it (as you say) next to it.

Then in ST4 got to Settings>Sound Content and Add both of the new pathways. Click Rescan Instruments and the database should rebuild.

For example, on my Mac using a secondary drive, the pathways are:
HD1SampleDrive/Shared/IK Multimedia/SampleTank 3
AND
HD1SampleDrive/Shared/IK Multimedia/SampleTank 4

Hope that helps.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby stevenm » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:45 pm

Thanks garfy, At last everything is installed, but sadly many of the sounds sound horrendous. Something's not right at all. Quite funny, if it didn't cost me in both time and money. I'll raise a new ticket on Monday. Check out the sounds I'm getting https://vimeo.com/326053536
stevenm

Postby shmihe » Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:43 am

stevenm wrote:Thanks garfy, At last everything is installed, but sadly many of the sounds sound horrendous. Something's not right at all. Quite funny, if it didn't cost me in both time and money. I'll raise a new ticket on Monday. Check out the sounds I'm getting https://vimeo.com/326053536

I started seeing this with "Chorus Arpeggios", then "Chords Glow", and "Chorus fine arp". Posted about them on the KVR thread.

I confirmed the rest of those in your video here too.

The accordion looks like a sitar, and the mouth harp does too...
shmihe

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:34 pm

Have you reported these to IK Support? That will get a better, faster resolution than posting only here in a user-to-user forum and/or third party forums.

If you have, best to reply to your ticket with these issues and video I see linked above and if not it would be best to open a ticket with the team who can assist you directly and most expediently.

Thanks!
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby TomLin » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:33 pm

Got the same issue and worse. After a while most of the instruments sound like out of tune or pitch shifted. Does not happen IF I run ST 3 or other plug-ins in logic or other stand- alone software. Support can’t figure it out. Only happens with ST 4. Weird
TomLin

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:41 pm

TomLin wrote:Got the same issue and worse. After a while most of the instruments sound like out of tune or pitch shifted. Does not happen IF I run ST 3 or other plug-ins in logic or other stand- alone software. Support can’t figure it out. Only happens with ST 4. Weird

Please let IK Support know within your ticket that their suggestions haven't works so far and they will continue to assist you to take care of your issue and make sure you are up and running.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby TomLin » Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:58 pm

Hi. Finally it works fine. All the sounds are there and no crazy sounds anymore.
It was all about getting the sounds in the tight folder. Have to admit my son helped me.
TomLin

Postby garfy » Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:23 am

As this thread has been resolved for the user it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.

• If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
• If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic. Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More