Saving Phraser files

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Saving Phraser files

Postby mediamentor » Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:30 am

I have a question on how to save a phraser file with the name of the sample sounds still visible
in the key-switch side of the UI.
After naming a multi up at the top, when I load it back into ST4 the key-switches are ok but only 1 sample is highlighted on the left side of the UI with no sight of anything under the previously assigned right side.

What is the order of operation to save a phraser as a preset and actually have it open up correctly.

Thanks,

MM
mediamentor

Re: Saving Phraser files

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:07 pm

I'm not sure what you mean as I have been able to save Multis that have Phraser keys available when I load the Multi later.

Saving Phraser presets is only saving the actual Phraser settings/keys. Saving a Multi will save the instrument(s) in the Multi plus Phraser, etc settings and will recall when you reload the Multi later.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Re: Saving Phraser files

Postby mediamentor » Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:06 am

Hi Peter thank you for your reply.

I found out there is a bug that has been causing the issue of not saving correctly.
I first noticed it when there was only 1 pattern folder in my ST4 directory.
Having watched the series SampleTank 4 explained at G3, I noticed that he has both locations in the phraser section of Tank ST4 and ST3 BUT the ST4 drop-down has all of what looked like the same content as ST3 patterns.
So you guessed it, I cheated and copied the ST3 patterns to my ST4 root with the rest of the stuff and bingo they worked perfectly.
No difference you say why not just open ST3 and use them and save the space on your hd.
Well I did keep using the 3 stuff and found that when I save using the same pattern file from this folder that the multi's will not save these files correctly when opening after closing and re-opening ST4 Max.
How I proved it on my machine at least, was to use the ver from the ST4 which is an exact copy of 3 and save it as usual and it worked correctly!
I'm not sure if I was supposed to get all the content that is in ST3 automatically installed into the ST4 or ST4 has more in addition to the 1 folder that installed, but as one person mentioned here is that all we get in ST4 is some acoustic drums.

So thanks for helping me understand that there is no need to save a phraser file in addition to the multi's as it's done automatically.

MM
mediamentor

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More