Instruments Stuck Notes Bug [Resolved]

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Instruments Stuck Notes Bug [Resolved]

Postby sideshowbob88 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:22 am

Hi all,

I'm having an issue that I hope you can help with.

If I load instruments from either MP2 or ST3 when I try to play them with my midi controller I get sound and the key/s I press are highlighted on the on-screen VST keyboard but when I release the key/s they remain highlighted and will now not produce any sound unless I click on the keys individually via the on-screen keyboard so they are not highlighted.

So effectively I get to hear the sound once, then the key/s I have played are dead until I click on-screen to release them :roll:

All my other Total Studio or non IK plugins work fine so maybe it is a sound library issue?!?

Anyone have an idea of what is going on? Hoping its an easy fix.

Cheers
sideshowbob88

Re: Instruments Stuck Notes Bug

Postby rlucey » Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:57 am

This happens to me sometimes with ST3 in Reaper with SOME libraries (American Acoustic for one). The interesting thing about it is it happens with my 25 and 61 key controllers, but doesn't happen with my 88 key controller. Also, if you have opted to install both the vst2 (VSTi) and vst3 (VST3i) versions of the plug-in, try switching from the one you're having problems with and see if the issue persists.
rlucey

Postby sideshowbob88 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:13 am

Thanks rlucey I'll give your idea of swapping VST2 / VST3 a go (I'm using Reaper too).

I've been using MP2 in Reaper for a bit now and it started to do this when I would add a second MP2 VST track to my project/s. To work around it I would duplicate the first MP2 track, delete anything I recorded and then swap instruments. Not ideal but it worked.

Problem is ST3 does it all the time :?

Anyone else have this issue, is it only in Reaper maybe?

Cheers
sideshowbob88

Postby rlucey » Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:01 am

Out of curiousity, why do you add a second instance of MP2 in your projects? Is your first instance filled in all 16 slots?
rlucey

Postby sideshowbob88 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:00 am

rlucey wrote:Out of curiousity, why do you add a second instance of MP2 in your projects? Is your first instance filled in all 16 slots?

I've not used (up to now) any VST's where you can set up multiple instruments in one track so bad habit I suppose. Probably uses more CPU / RAM so need to stop doing it really.
sideshowbob88

Postby sideshowbob88 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:25 pm

Loading VST2 and not VST3 is working.

Thanks for the tip rlucey!
sideshowbob88

Postby DarkStar » Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:39 pm

Good oh!. I'll edit the thread title.

I am not sure (have not been able to find out) if using VST3 plug-ins in Reaper adds anything.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Re: Instruments Stuck Notes Bug [Reopened 18-03-21]

Postby sideshowbob88 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:26 pm

Hi,

Having to open this old thread :cry:

Up to now I have been using the VSTI / VST2's just fine as a work around because of sticky notes in Reaper when using SP2 and MP2 but for some reason they have all disapeared (only VST3 and VST3I left)!

I've tried cleaning everything and re-scanned in Reaper but no joy. I have other VSTI / VST2's listed but none of my IK products.

Any ideas?

Thanks
sideshowbob88

Re: Instruments Stuck Notes Bug [Resolved]

Postby DarkStar » Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:20 pm

Are those missing plug-in on disk?

What does Reaper's vst plugins.ini file say about them? Are their lines shorter in that ini file?
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby sideshowbob88 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:00 pm

Hi DarkStar,

Thanks for the quick response.

Yes, the IK .dll files are all on the disk. But apologies I had not noticed the pathway in Reaper to them was not matched up :oops:

My setup has been the same and working fine for years so no idea why it went wrong (Maybe I can blame Windows 10 update gremlins). I've added the new pathways and am back up and running now.

Out of interest is there a solution that you have found to get VST3I's working in Reaper (I notice the issue comes up on the board occasionally, usually from the same 'stuck notes' description)?

Cheers
sideshowbob88

Postby DarkStar » Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:31 pm

Good oh :)

I've had a few oddities in Reaper recently too. Preferences changing etc.

As for VST3 plug-ins, I have not bothered with them. Both the host and the plug-in need to support any given VST3 feature and I have asked on the Reaper forum what features of VST3 Reaper supports AND which plug-ins support those features. The result: tumbleweed ;)
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby sideshowbob88 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:18 pm

Shame the Reaper support team gave no feedback, but as long as we have a work around I suppose.

Thanks again
sideshowbob88

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More