ST4 crashes when changing presets

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

ST4 crashes when changing presets

Postby ski88keys » Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:53 pm

I opened a ticket for this and wanted to see if anyone else is dealing with this. Here is what I sent to support. Sent a few minutes ago, so I am not expecting an immediate response.

Whenever I change a preset and let it load, if I don’t wait for an extra few seconds, ST4 stops working and shuts down. I am on an SSD drive. All drivers are up to date and all current file updates have been installed. This was happening with 4.0.1 also. I would venture to say, ST4 has crashed this way over 50 times.
- SampleTank 3 and 4 Max, Total Studio 3, Komplete Ultimate, Studio One 3 Professional, Cantabile, + various sound and effects plug-ins
- I7-4700MQ, 16GB RAM, Windows 10
- Kurzweil PC2, MKii 61, Focusrite 2i2
ski88keys

Re: ST4 crashes when changing presets

Postby brockkel » Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:08 am

I have done a clean install on a brand spakin' new Win10 pc here, and was getting all kinds of weird stuff, noise/shutdowns, crashes, etc. Finally looked at sound card interface, I'm using ASIO, and in the settings i changed the output from ASIO4ALL V2 to other option, which for me was Realtek ASIO, which is my audio driver. Ever since i changed that i have not been able to duplicate any of the problems i was having before, at least so far.

Don't know if this will help you or not, but thought it would be worth posting anyway. Also there is something funny going on with the GUI for the effects panel, just have not been able to nail the exact problem to give to tech support.
brockkel

Postby SLiC » Sun Aug 29, 2021 1:10 pm

Same issue- gets to 100% load of a new preset then just waits then crashes (closes program)
SLiC

Postby DarkStar » Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:04 pm

I am sorry to hear about the problems you are running into. But it is unlikely to be the same causes as the earlier posters (from over 2 years ago).

As this is primarily a user to user forum, someone-else may chip in. But please remember that the same symptoms do not necessarily mean the same problem.

Meanwhile, the best thing to do is check the FAQs, via here. If they do not resolve the issue, there is a link at the top of the Search FAQs page to the Technical Support form, for some one to one investigation and help. Response time aims to be within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.

And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the problem. Please do not quote directly any correspondence from Support, as that may apply only to your particular circumstances and may lead others down the wrong track.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby SLiC » Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:29 pm

Cheers - I’ll try support, I have the latest version and have also tried a reinstall so I guess it’s down to reinstalling sound packs (it was the newer packs I just downloaded like Rhodes piano that crashes at 100%, but not every time!
SLiC

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More