Can I delete Syntronik FREE if I have Syntronik? [RESOLVED]

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Can I delete Syntronik FREE if I have Syntronik? [RESOLVED]

Postby babz » Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:34 pm

I started with the FREE trial version of Syntronik, and now I have upgraded to the paid version (17 instruments).

My question is, can I now delete the Syntronik FREE samples?
Do they simply duplicate what I have now with the full version?

If so, how do I do it? I using the Mac version. Can I just drag the "Samples->52 Syntronik Free" and "Instruments->52 Syntronik Free" folders to the trash? I'd like to reclaim the roughly 1GB of space taken up by the FREE content, if possible.

Thanks!
Babz
babz

Re: Can I delete Syntronik FREE if I have Syntronik?

Postby ski88keys » Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:57 pm

babz wrote:I started with the FREE trial version of Syntronik, and now I have upgraded to the paid version (17 instruments).

If so, how do I do it? I using the Mac version. Can I just drag the "Samples->52 Syntronik Free" and "Instruments->52 Syntronik Free" folders to the trash? I'd like to reclaim the roughly 1GB of space taken up by the FREE content, if possible.

Thanks!
Babz

From what I can tell, all libraries are listed, not matter what. You can click the down arrow next to library on the main screen and select ‘show authorized libraries’. Hopefully this can be set as a default in a future update.
- SampleTank 3 and 4 Max, Total Studio 3, Komplete Ultimate, Studio One 3 Professional, Cantabile, + various sound and effects plug-ins
- I7-4700MQ, 16GB RAM, Windows 10
- Kurzweil PC2, MKii 61, Focusrite 2i2
ski88keys

Postby babz » Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:11 pm

ski88keys wrote:
babz wrote:I started with the FREE trial version of Syntronik, and now I have upgraded to the paid version (17 instruments).

Thanks!
Babz

From what I can tell, all libraries are listed, not matter what. You can click the down arrow next to library on the main screen and select ‘show authorized libraries’. Hopefully this can be set as a default in a future update.

Thanks. I'm afraid I don't follow. :?: My question is not about where the samples are located. I know they are located at: HD->Users->Shared->IK Multimedia->SampleTank 3->Samples->52 Syntronik Free.

I'm wondering if anyone can confirm that the samples in the 52 Syntronik Free folder are all duplicated by what comes in the paid (17 instruments) version.

Also, I'm mainly wondering if, on a Mac, simply dragging the Free sample and instrument folders to the trash is an OK way to reclaim space, or if I should use the "Uninstall Syntronik" app on the .dmg file. I'm also concerned that running that might uninstall the paid version as well.
babz

Postby ski88keys » Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:26 pm

Sorry for the confusion from me. I misunderstood. You should be able to just delete and unneeded files wherever you store you libraries. If you have the full, you have all sounds. So the free version would contain duplicates.
- SampleTank 3 and 4 Max, Total Studio 3, Komplete Ultimate, Studio One 3 Professional, Cantabile, + various sound and effects plug-ins
- I7-4700MQ, 16GB RAM, Windows 10
- Kurzweil PC2, MKii 61, Focusrite 2i2
ski88keys

Postby babz » Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:24 pm

UPDATE. Replying to my own question.

So, I tried dragging the Samples->52 Syntronik Free and Instruments->52 Syntronik Free folders to the trash, but now every time I start up Syntronik in stand alone or instantiate the plugin in my DAW I get a message that says:

Error
Part 1 loading issues
Instrument not authorized

The error message only shows once, upon load, and it doesn't seem to prevent you from loading any presets or otherwise affect operation of Syntronik. But it is disconcerting to see this message every time I want to use Syntronik, and I'd like to find a way to get rid of it.

So far I've tried rebuilding the database and re-authorizing with the IK Authorization Manager app. Neither did anything to get rid of the error message.

Anybody know of a way to get rid of this message?

P.S. I know it is related to removing the Syntronik Free folders, because the message goes away when you put the folders back in place.
Last edited by babz on Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
babz

Postby The_Rocker » Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:50 pm

Hi babz, you should leave the library Folder location in tact.
You should just add the content from the full version.
Reason is IK uses Folders Numbered for a reason. Free is 52__Syntronik Free
While Full version uses Folder 53__*filenameforintrustment
So, if you used the Free in a song, and remove that 52__Folder, it will not be found. You could bounce that track, and have the wav file for that track, before removing Free ones.
But if you don't need it, then delete it ;)

++++++++++++++++++++++
Just info below:
Windows will alert if same file name in same folder.I
If any duplicates are found, choose either ignore or replace. Doesn't matter because they are the same file name in the same location. It won't take up more drive space since no duplicates.

WHat happened is you moved the Folder location (Path). so the folder wasn't found, as you noticed :D .

You could empty the Folder, select all and delete, then add the full version libraries to the Folder.
And only reason to want to keep the Free ones in tact, would be if you used them already, which the song would not find it.
Even then, would only be a matter of placing the Free one in the exact name / location the song new it was in,,, lol (sometimes difficult)

Hope I didn't confuse you even more lol,,,
Let me know, I won't leave ya hangin lol,,,
IKM- ST2/3/4 -AT3/4/5 -TR3/4/5-MP2-(almost everything actually)
Presonus Interfaces/Studio One 5 Pro - Self built Win10 PC 10th Gen Intel i7-64GB Ram-GTX1660 6GB-Fractal Case
.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`Merry Christmas !!!`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.
The_Rocker

Postby babz » Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:17 pm

The_Rocker wrote:Hi babz, you should leave the library Folder location in tact.
You should just add the content from the full version.
Reason is IK uses Folders Numbered for a reason. Free is 52__Syntronik Free
While Full version uses Folder 53__*filenameforintrustment
So, if you used the Free in a song, and remove that 52__Folder, it will not be found. You could bounce that track, and have the wav file for that track, before removing Free ones.
But if you don't need it, then delete it ;)

Thanks, The_Rocker. Yes, to review, I originally had Syntronik Free but only used it for a few days and I didn't use it in any projects. Then I upgraded to full version and installed all 17 full libraries. Then I wanted to remove the Samples->52 Syntronik Free folder in order to reclaim about 1 GB of disk space. Hopefully, we're on the same page now.

It sounds like your recommendation was that I could remove the *contents* of the 52 Syntronik Free folder (and thus reclaim 1.07 GB space) but that I should leave the empty folder in place.

I tried that, but unfortunately, I still get the error message. I put everything back and the error message goes away.

It seems my only choices are to either live with the error message or sacrifice the 1.07 GB of space. Anyway, thanks. At least I now know what the 52, 53...numbering is about.

P.S. You mentioned Windows... Probably not super relevant for this issue, but just FYI, I'm on Mac.
babz

Postby The_Rocker » Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:55 pm

,,, In the case Mac or the software still needs to see the folder, just delete the contents, and leave the folder. Only time it would look for something in the folder would be to load an instrument from with in it...
Should be able to delete the folder and rescan to correct the notice of missing folder...
But do try restart after moving, rescan, before bringing Syntronic back up.

But leaving the folder and delete the contents, regains the space with in it, should work fine...
Presonus Interfaces/Studio One 5 Pro - Self built Win10 PC 10th Gen Intel i7-64GB Ram-GTX1660 6GB-Fractal Case
.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`Merry Christmas !!!`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.
The_Rocker

Postby babz » Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:39 pm

The_Rocker wrote:,,, In the case Mac or the software still needs to see the folder, just delete the contents, and leave the folder. Only time it would look for something in the folder would be to load an instrument from with in it...
Should be able to delete the folder and rescan to correct the notice of missing folder...
But do try restart after moving, rescan, before bringing Syntronic back up.

But leaving the folder and delete the contents, regains the space with in it, should work fine...

Thanks, The_Rocker! Yes, it's true. Before when I was testing, I did not rescan the library or restart the computer. However, I just tried that now, and unfortunately, no joy! Still getting the error message. :|

My current theory now is that this problem has something to do with the FREE Memory-V pak that I got as part of the Audio Plugin Deals promotion, and registered with Syntronik Free.

See: https://rekkerd.org/download-memory-v-b ... ited-time/ for info about the Free Memory-V. (Sorry, folks, the promotion ended March 7, 2019.)

So basically, the history of this was, I got the Free Memory-V instrument, and then downloaded and registered it with Syntronik Free. Then I upgraded to full Syntronik. But now I can't delete Syntronik Free.

I think perhaps the serial number for Memory-V is associated with the Free version of Syntronik. So it may be that if I want to keep Memory-V, I need to keep the Free version too. Maybe IK tech support can help get this sorted? :?: :roll:
babz

Postby The_Rocker » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:53 pm

,,, Ahh,,, you do not need to delete Syntronik Free,,, Even when we upgrade from Free to Full, just run the Authorization MAnager and register the Full Serial number.
Because the Free version is the same as full, but limited by the Serial Number version..

Memory V and Syn Free have their own serial numbers,,, and you want to keep the Memory V anyway,,, Just drop the 1GB of the Free version content / presets.

Your issue is Syntronik still wants to find the Free versiosn,, Syn orr your MAc isn't removing the library location is all,,, Might just ignore it,,, it may stop after a shutdown or reboot. I'm not a Mac guy lol, sorry ;)
The_Rocker

Postby The_Rocker » Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:33 am

,,, ALso,, what ever DAW your using, may also be remembering the location. It may need rescan in the DAW... IS this where it shows it missing when moved ?
If not, are you loading Syntronik through DAW, Sample Tank, or Stand Alone.

I grabbed the Memory V (free) and installed the Free Syntronik, then upgraded to Full a few days ago also,,,
While I was installing the libraries earlier today, I was checking here for any known install issues...
I left the Free Syn installed, and registered the upgrade To the full version with Authorization Manager, now it's unlocked to Full version. Can bring SYntronik up in standalone, or as plugin,,,

So, do not remove syntronik. Make sure Syntronik has the same Folder location,, and also make sure that the Folder is actually in the same location/name Syntronik has.
ALso, Sampletank, and MP2 all use the same library location for integration...
So make sure all IK programs use the same Library location to keep things simple.

Ya know, if your remove or change Location Path, or Name of Folder, any software would fail to find needed files, (behind the Folder(s)). Just in case you were unaware ;)

Keep at it,,,
The_Rocker

Postby babz » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:15 pm

I am only trying to remove the Free content to reclaim 1 GB of space.
When I do so, I get the error message.
I get the message in both stand alone and plugin mode.
I have not changed or moved any Syntonik paid content, only the Free content.
Rescanning, re-authorizing, restarting, and leaving the empty free folder in place, makes no difference.
babz

Postby garfy » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:23 pm

Hi babz

This might be because the Default multi that Syntronik opens with is part of the Free content. If you remove the Free content then (in theory) Syntronik will throw up the Error dialogue.

If you are really intent on removing the Free content then you will need to replace the Default by doing the following:

1) Open Syntronik and load a preset instrument that is definitely part of the paid for content and you want to be your opening preset.
2) Click into the Multi editor and re-save the Multi name as 'Default'. It will probably ask if you want to overwrite.

You should now be able to remove the Free content and Syntronik will open with your new Default preset.

Hope that helps.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby babz » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:27 pm

garfy wrote:Hi babz

This might be because the Default multi that Syntronik opens with is part of the Free content. If you remove the Free content then (in theory) Syntronik will throw up the Error dialogue.

If you are really intent on removing the Free content then you will need to replace the Default by doing the following:

1) Open Syntronik and load a preset instrument that is definitely part of the paid for content and you want to be your opening preset.
2) Click into the Multi editor and re-save the Multi name as 'Default'. It will probably ask if you want to overwrite.

You should now be able to remove the Free content and Syntronik will open with your new Default preset.

Hope that helps.

Multis! Default Frickin Multi!!!!!! That was it!

You did it, garfy! You sussed it, you grokked it, you cracked it, you solved the insoluble!

What I did was, I went to Mac HD->Users->Shared->IK Multimedia->SampleTank 3->Multis and removed a document called "Default.st3m". I simply moved it to a different folder on my desktop.

Then, as before, I removed the "52 Syntronik Free" folders from Instruments and Samples and the Syntronik Free.pak file from the Library Info folder (thus reclaiming 1.07 GB of space).

Then this time when I launched Syntronik, no error message! :D

Then I went into the Multis area and did Initialize and Reset commands. I was surprised that this didn't create a new Default.st3m file, so I returned it to its initial location, but even with it moved back in place I can still operate without the free content and without error messages.

I'm sure there must be a lot of people who upgrade from Free Syntronik and then want to remove the Free version to save space, so hope this helps anyone else out there!

Best,
Babz
Last edited by babz on Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
babz

Postby babz » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:33 pm

P.S. On the subject of Multis...

FYI, the Free version of Syntronik comes with only 4 Multis.

The Paid version of Syntronik comes with a whole bunch of Multis in the following categories:

Bass
Groove
Groove Splits
Keyboard
Lead
Motion
Pad

But they are not installed by default when you install Syntronik. You need to download a separate installer for the multis, which you can find in your User Area on the IK website, under My Products>Syntronik>Download Resources.

Just an FYI, in case you didn't know!
babz

Next

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More