Sample tank 4 cpu usage

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Re: Sample tank 4 cpu usage

Postby DarkStar » Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:34 pm

jonatank wrote::( :( :( :(

Very disappointed with the performance of sampletank 4 , if anybody know how to fix this problem please share im on macpro 5,1 44gb ram protools 2020 interface apollo
thnks .

cpu overload

Try closing the GUI. That gives me much less CPU usage here (e,g, down from 11% to 1% CPU with one instrument loaded) My own opinion is that the resizeable graphics (even if they are not changing) has something to do with it.

Other recent products show similar behaviour here. I contacted Support some time ago.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Re: Sample tank 4 cpu usage

Postby acdc2000 » Wed May 10, 2023 2:33 pm

I notice the high CPu usage without play any note depend from the instrument you load in . deactivate all effects do not help much. for example when i load in Black LP Full Keyswitch with i 5 8600K CPU.
switch all effects in sample tank from that sound off so it output clean di sound only. studio one cpu load show 14% for this sample tank 4 instrument. instrument blues str with disabled effects only 3% CPu usage . this are values that happen with no notes play and sequencer is stop. I have newes 4.2.3 installed

please can this fix ?
acdc2000

Previous

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More