Question

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Question

Postby - IK User - » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:54 am

I just bought the ST4 and noticed when I attempted to install it I ran into some of the same problems as others have pointed out in some other threads, so I just went back and uninstalled/deleted everything and I am back at square one with my ST4 ready to install like I just bought it and have not downloaded anything yet. I am probably going to wait a week or so before I attempt to install again so hopefully more of the kinks will be worked out.

Having said that, with eyes on the future, I do have a question that maybe someone here can help me with.

After I do get the ST4 installed and everything up and running, I have used ST3 as a DAW plug-in a lot of my songs and I was wondering is there a way to transfer the exact ST3 plug-in settings (instruments, effect settings for each instrument, the channels they are on, etc.) to the ST4 plug-in without having to go back and make a manual duplication of the ST3 plug-in settings using the ST4 plug-in?

When I bought ST4 I was under the impression that it was going to be an upgrade to the current existing ST3, not a whole new plug-in, and when I upgraded to ST4 the ST3 plug-in I used in my songs up to this date would naturally be upgraded as well. But obviously I was wrong considering I got enough into the download process to find that out. (I still am looking forward to ST4 though and do not regret the purchase.) If anyone could help shed some light on the situation, it would be much appreciated.

PS: One additional thing I would add as a suggestion. An option of a different skin (or skins) would be great. While I could get used to the ST4 as is, the ST3 instrument menus, effect menus, etc., are far easier on the eyes.
- IK User -

Re: Question

Postby garfy » Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:33 pm

Hello Ignite7 and welcome to the forum.

I don't have ST4 so this is just conjecture, but as it can open ST3 sounds from the ST3 folder, I would presume that you will just need to save your instrument or multi in the usual way and open it in ST4.

Like I say, at a guess it should be straightforward.

Someone may come along to confirm my suspicions or you could open a ticket with IK Official support to get an answer https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/

Of course, as they are separate apps there's no reason why you can't keep ST3 in your old songs and use ST4 for anything from now on. Both apps should both be able to co-exist on a system.

Hope that helps.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More