Disk path & folder structure Syntronik

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Disk path & folder structure Syntronik

Postby remesiis » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:30 pm

What is the correct disk path and folder structure for Syntronik and Memory-V?
remesiis

Re: Disk path & folder structure Syntronik

Postby gusgranite » Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:41 am

I am totally confused by this also. I work in tech so I'm supposed to be good at this stuff lol. I am trying to install Syntronik on Windows on my E:\ drive instead of the the default C:\ drive and I am getting Sampletank 3 path errors and no sounds found errors.

Also, are we supposed to download the Syntronik sound packs one by one from our IK account area and then unpack them to a certain drive for the VST to find the sounds?

Very confused!
gusgranite

Postby garfy » Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:49 pm

Hopefully, this will explain a bit...

The IK software based on samples (SampleTank 3, Syntronik and Miroslav 2) all need to share one common 'master' folder. This is to allow the three individual apps to access their own libraries as well as ST3 having access to Syntronik and MP2 sounds as well. This means you can use one instance of ST3 to have MP2, Syntronik and ST3 sounds open in one multi-timbral workspace. The default folder that all three of these apps suggests to install sounds to will be the same.

If you want to change the default folder, which is perfectly reasonable and acceptable, you can but you must ensure that all three apps (if you have them) are all pointing at that new location.

remesiis wrote:What is the correct disk path and folder structure for Syntronik and Memory-V?

The default path for the content will be C:\IK Multimedia\SampleTank 3\ on Windows or /User/Documents/IK Multimedia/SampleTank 3 on Mac and then inside this default folder, you will see a range of folders for the content. The most important ones are 'Instruments' which is where the preset folders/files are stored and 'Samples' where the samples are stored. The installer will place all required files in their appropriate places.

gusgranite wrote:I am totally confused by this also. I work in tech so I'm supposed to be good at this stuff lol. I am trying to install Syntronik on Windows on my E:\ drive instead of the the default C:\ drive and I am getting Sampletank 3 path errors and no sounds found errors.

This could be because you need to point both Syntronik and ST3 to the new content location. This can be done under Settings>Library in Syntronik and Settings>Preferences in SampleTank. Settings is the 'Gear' icon. Be aware that it is only the content that can be on a secondary disc, the app must be on the main system drive.

gusgranite wrote:Also, are we supposed to download the Syntronik sound packs one by one from our IK account area and then unpack them to a certain drive for the VST to find the sounds?

It's been a while since I originally installed Syntronik, but if they are showing as individual downloads in your User Area then yes. If you have already changed the disk path in the app, make sure you instruct the installer to place the content in the new location e.g. E:\IK Multimedia\SampleTank 3.

Hope that helps. Feel free to shoot any questions back.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby remesiis » Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:18 pm

Thanks, but it did not help.

Syntronik load only one preset ("A deep sweeper" Minimod).

After rescan every time the same error...

Error. The database build has failed. Please go in Settings and hit “Rescan Instruments” to retry.
remesiis

Postby garfy » Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:46 pm

Ok, some things to check. Firstly, you have authorised Syntronik Free using the serial number in your User Area with the Authorisation Manager? If you have...

1) What is the disk path shown under Settings>Library?
2) If you look in WinExplorer, is this where the folder IK Multimedia\SampleTank 3\ is actually located?
3) If so, inside you should see the Instruments and Samples folders I mentioned earlier. Inside each of them you should see a folder called 52_Syntronik Free. If these are not there then something has happened during installation.

Let me know what you find out.
garfy

Postby remesiis » Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:14 pm

/User/My name/Documents/IK Multimedia/SampleTank 3

Everything is in its place

Syntronik load only one preset
remesiis

Postby garfy » Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:17 pm

Sorry, can you confirm what OS you are using please.
garfy

Postby remesiis » Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:37 pm

macOS Mojave Version 10.14 (18A391)
remesiis

Postby garfy » Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:41 pm

remesiis wrote:What is the correct disk path and folder structure for Syntronik and Memory-V?

Just so I'm not getting confused and then confusing the situation further, are you running the Free version of Syntronik and you have bought the Memory-V add-on separately or are you running the full version of Syntronik and are looking for the Memory-V presets? (I know you're only showing the one preset at the moment, I'm just trying to ascertain what your installation should look like).
garfy

Postby remesiis » Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:46 pm

Authorized Syntronik free and Memory-V
remesiis

Postby garfy » Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:53 pm

Great, thanks.

So, to the IK Multimedia/SampleTank 3 folder. The full path you should be able to follow should be IK Multimedia/SampleTank 3/Instruments/52_Syntronik Free/Factory and it contains 18.1MB and IK Multimedia/SampleTank 3/Samples/52_Syntronik Free and it contains 1.07GB. Correct?

I don't have the Memory-V instrument, but again you should be able to find the folders in the Instruments and Samples folder and they have significant content in them. Correct?
garfy

Postby remesiis » Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:21 pm

disk space is the same, path is the same, uploads only one working preset, does not see memory-v at all...
remesiis

Postby garfy » Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:28 pm

remesiis wrote:disk space is the same, path is the same, uploads only one working preset, does not see mememory-v at all...

Sorry, I still can't quite grasp whether all of the content is in the right place.

garfy wrote:So, to the IK Multimedia/SampleTank 3 folder. The full path you should be able to follow should be IK Multimedia/SampleTank 3/Instruments/52_Syntronik Free/Factory and it contains 18.1MB and IK Multimedia/SampleTank 3/Samples/52_Syntronik Free and it contains 1.07GB. Correct?

I don't have the Memory-V instrument, but again you should be able to find the folders in the Instruments and Samples folder and they have significant content in them. Correct?

Is this what you are seeing in Finder?
garfy

Postby remesiis » Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:34 pm

path is the same as yours
remesiis

Postby garfy » Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:37 pm

Ok, so if you are seeing all of the expected content installed at that location and your pathway is set correctly in Syntronik then I can't think of a reason why it will only give you one preset.

As this is a user-to-user forum I would suggest you raise a ticket with IK official support here https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/

Sorry I couldn't be of more help, but it would be useful if you come back and post the solution to help other users in the future.
garfy

Next

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More