Difference between Syntronik Free and Full?

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Difference between Syntronik Free and Full?

Postby aidanodr » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:02 pm

Hi Guys,

Imminently considering purchase of Syntronik Full. Im just wondering whats the difference between full and free?

I understand its about 2GB of samples with the Free version and a few presets with each instrument ( about 50 all told ). However you get full access?? to each synths settings and efx and arpeggiator and can save your own presets etc.

So is the difference in:

1. The number of presets
2. The number of instrument samples

Anything else?
Cheers & thanks
aidanodr

Re: Difference between Syntronik Free and Full?

Postby DarkStar » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:39 pm

Hello aidanodr and welcome to the forum.

As far as I can see, the functionality is the same; the difference is in the number of instruments / presets. You can purchase additional instruments through the Custom Shop program.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby aidanodr » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:47 pm

DarkStar wrote:Hello aidanodr and welcome to the forum.

As far as I can see, the functionality is the same; the difference is in the number of instruments / presets. You can purchase additional instruments through the Custom Shop program.

Yeah .. I think its the number of presets which are really in the eye of the beholder in any synth. More importantly probably the big difference is in the amount of samples ( 50GB in full syntronik full vs about 2GB in free ). So what you are really buying vs the free is the 50GB samples? Functionality is the same in both?
aidanodr

Postby garfy » Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:43 am

aidanodr wrote:So what you are really buying vs the free is the 50GB samples? Functionality is the same in both?

Functionality is the same in both, except some presets found in the free version have a restricted key range, mostly in the extreme high and low ends. However, the samples themselves are the key to the analogue synth's "non-linear" recreation in Syntronik. The samples are of the oscillators sampled multiple times with multiple interactions with each other (if that makes sense) In contrast, the free version has fewer round robins with regards to how the oscillators play out.

Also, some of the Syntronik instruments are based on multiple different 'real' synths. For example, the Minimod is based on the Modular Moog, Minimoog Model D and Moog Voyager, so you won't be getting the full range of the various oscillators in the free version.

Hope that helps.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby aidanodr » Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:16 pm

Thanks guys for the replies. Very helpful.

I went ahead and purchased Syntronik full. I just love retro synths ( also have Arturia ).

Maybe it would be worth IK doing a side by side features comparison page at the product pages for Syntronik? I think many would find that useful.
aidanodr

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More