Sample Tank 4 won't load sounds

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Sample Tank 4 won't load sounds

Postby glindon68 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:37 pm

I can't get anything to load. I'm just getting an error message. I've installed everything and tried to do a rescan. Its just not working. Any ideas?

Thanks

Gaz
glindon68

Re: Sample Tank 4 won't load sounds

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:51 pm

If you've authorized your SampleTank 4 serial number via Authorization Manager and installed all of the sound library (this is multiple parts and installation files that would need to be run) and you still can't load sounds, you would need to open a ticket with IK Support directly for official support. I'm sure they can assist you by troubleshooting directly with you. Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby HALFNHALF » Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:00 pm

How about IK make a 2-3 minute video showing how to install the library? That would help a bunch of people and save a lot headaches for all involved.
HALFNHALF

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:02 pm

HALFNHALF wrote:How about IK make a 2-3 minute video showing how to install the library? That would help a bunch of people and save a lot headaches for all involved.

Hi, I will relay this suggestion but please do note that SampleTank 4 and its libraries include an installation guide.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby dylan.haines@gmail.com » Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:25 pm

Installation guide does not seem to contain anything about installing the libraries, maybe I'm missing a PDF?

Cheers
dylan.haines@gmail.com

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:29 pm

dylan.haines@gmail.com wrote:Installation guide does not seem to contain anything about installing the libraries, maybe I'm missing a PDF?

Cheers

The installers for the sound libraries should have installation guides but it is fairly straightforward: Uncompress, run the installer application, set the location (should be what you previously chose after you do this once), click through to the end.

This does need to be done for each of the sound files you've downloaded.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby dylan.haines@gmail.com » Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:33 pm

Ah ok I thought there was a central installer for all of them.

Thanks

D.
dylan.haines@gmail.com

Postby HALFNHALF » Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:52 pm

I figured out that my problem was that i hadn't downloaded all of the sound content. I stopped at "Guitars 11" not realizing that i had to scroll down the drop-down further for the rest of the content. Hopes this helps someone.
HALFNHALF

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:01 am

HALFNHALF wrote:I figured out that my problem was that i hadn't downloaded all of the sound content. I stopped at "Guitars 11" not realizing that i had to scroll down the drop-down further for the rest of the content. Hopes this helps someone.

So, you thought that it went up to 11! OK, corny joke. I'll get my coat :)
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby glindon68 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:33 am

Thanks for the help. I managed to get some of the sounds working but still having trouble with the ST3 libraries. Maybe I didn’t complete the install. The installation was a little confusing a video might be a good idea.

Gaz
glindon68

Postby santhonyw » Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:46 am

I having a similar issue. after I install the sounds, and rescan the library, no sounds come up in the browser.
santhonyw

Postby torsten.ecke » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:01 am

Had the same issue - no instruments after installing. Re-doing the "Sample Tank 4 MAX Instruments installer" solved some of that. It seems the first time around didn't fill the "Library Info" folder.

Still some trouble with it - e.g. the Sunburst Bass has a large number of dead notes. Looks like the release was a bit rushed, so still a number of early teething problems.

Overall, I'm a bit frustrated by the processor load this beast generates for just pretty simple sounds. Looks like the rack effects are pretty demanding on CPU, plus some base load just for the empty system. So at this time not something I'd take on stage...

Cheers,

Torsten
torsten.ecke

Postby santhonyw » Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:49 pm

I’m thinking it was a bit rushed like you said. It was supposed to come out on the 21st, and it didn’t. But i don’t know, what to do because, when I add to file path of my previously installed Sampletank 3 library, those sounds it builds that library and loads up just fine. But it won’t load my Sampletank 4 library at all when I choose that folder, but it shows that the library is activated and unlocked at the same time.
santhonyw

Postby bigjd » Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:31 pm

santhonyw wrote:I’m thinking it was a bit rushed like you said. It was supposed to come out on the 21st, and it didn’t. But i don’t know, what to do because, when I add to file path of my previously installed Sampletank 3 library, those sounds it builds that library and loads up just fine. But it won’t load my Sampletank 4 library at all when I choose that folder, but it shows that the library is activated and unlocked at the same time.

There's another thread more geared toward the issue regarding the downloads... I have been told by support they are working on that and to hang tight. Hope that helps... check the other thread.. the one that says ST4 is now available....
bigjd

Postby vspence » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:43 pm

I had the same problem. I put the samples in the folder Samples in the ik multimedia folder. They were installed into sampletank 4/samples. That did not work. I moved ONLY THE SAMPLES from that folde to the above mentioned folder and it worked perfectly!!!
vspence

Next

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More