SampleTank 4 [and 4.0.8] Now Available!

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Re: SampleTank 4 [and 4.0.4 + library updates] Now Available

Postby nester1212 » Sat May 25, 2019 5:15 am

Installed ST 4.0.4 today.
Standalone crashes when switching to ASIO.
Studio One 4.5 crushes when inserting the ST4 instrument.
Very disappointing...
nester1212

Postby halfcack » Sat May 25, 2019 5:44 am

Peter_IK wrote:
triggerthehorizon wrote:I am under the impression 4.0.4 is still far from optimized cpu wise. I have an old machine, an I7 3770k with 32gb of ram and my Samples are on an SSD. Still, I can load an 18 gig piano patch with full fx chains using 10% of a single CPU core from competing 3rd party kontakt libraries, sounds that are more deeply sampled and complex, based on sample size and what I can hear, than the piano patches in ST4, Yet a single ST4 piano patch can overload one of my cores if I hold a chord with 2 hands...

I am an iK lover and own the whole product range and a good chunk of the hardware too. I love T-Racks and amplitube in terms of how awesome they sound and how efficiently they are programmed.I can have 20 instances of T-racks open and 6 amplitubes and still track at low buffer settings. For some reason, as far back as ST3 and Miroslav 2, I have never been able to get along smoothly with the tank. ST3 would crash within minutes and v4 Just drains my cpu.

I hope they can further optimize ST4 because I don’t plan on updating my pc in the near future and I can still make music without restrictions with the rest of my plugs and vis on this machine.

This is not the normal behavior. 4.0.4 is an extreme optimization with reported results of massive reductions in resource usage. I assume you have a ticket open so the support team can help you with this issue?
I did double the ram on the MacBook Air. I did one thing right. It is quick with the full GB loaded, ST3 Stand Alone and ST4 stand alone loaded.

GB is really huge. I didn’t do my homework. I think I can work on one song until I get disc storage low or none.

Keep at it, it will eventually work. It has to find the stuff. It was operator error on all issues but wow, did it take a long time to get there. It’s worth it. With the NI A 61 controlling everything there will be a time when I rarely have to touch the pad.

Just being able to use transport controls to stop, clear, record, undo track, is such an awesome feeling all of you have experienced a long time ago. It is so great to have finally had it word.

Hey, if anyone knows what I can transfer over to my SSD external drive please let me know. I have all the packages I downloaded for install on both which would open up gigs of space on the MacBook. Thank you.
Last edited by halfcack on Sat May 25, 2019 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
halfcack

Postby halfcack » Sat May 25, 2019 5:47 am

syd4444 wrote:Many Thanks, I've went back to using ST3 til I'm satisfied I've solved the problem. Maybe my set up is just a bit too old and slow to handle ST4 but it is still usable for using single instruments then freezing the track in Logic to save capacity.

I don’t know who recommended using ST3 but thank you.
halfcack

Postby halfcack » Sat May 25, 2019 6:03 am

halfcack wrote:
syd4444 wrote:I recently upgraded to 4.04 and it runs perfectly in stand alone mode but when I try to use it with Logic Pro X I now have a midi delay making it unplayable. I've tried changing the streaming settings but nothing gets rid of the delay. Has anyone else experienced this problem.
Yup, of all things, I ran into it last night. I twisted some knobs and it went away, came back then went away for good.

It was the same as hiss that was coming out of the Mac, that went away too. Sorry, not much help, if any.

I found after it loses all the ‘lectricity, overnight, it usually cures the problem.

Best to you, most problems occur for me when I try to go fast.
I had the same problem and it made no sense to me at all, in fact it sounded analog with nothing plugged in. Thankfully I don’t get embarrassed. It would come and go during working with GB. It really baffled me. Finally, I accidentally hear it start to diminish in volume.

Not embarrassed, I found along with ambient noise in the room, it was the fan. The FAN.

I didn’t know a MacBook Air had a fan. With all of it programs running it still even got louder. Then one day I get the no storage notice. The cpu and internal SSD must have been really hot.

Apparently Apple admitted the keyboard is defective. Apple is going to fix the keyboard which something is wrong with. I am wondering if there is room for another ssd or bigger ssd drive and some more space for ram while they are in there.

Finally, would Best Buy be the best place to have it fixed ? Thank you !
halfcack

Postby richmn » Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:07 pm

So in case you don't check obsessively like I do...4.0.5 is available!

Added Tooltip display when hovering over the main bar icons
Added assigned note info for instruments with multiple articulations
Improved smooth scrolling in Library browser
Selecting “Load Instrument” now focuses on the corresponding Part number
Optimized character limit for Part/Note value input in virtual pads
Loading Syntronik Multis now remove previously loaded instruments on Parts 5-16
Fixed built-in Mod Wheel not sending MIDI CC values to assigned MIDI correctly
Fixed an issue with Pads Mode not reacting properly after recalling saved project
Fixed an issue with Auto Pan potentially affecting audio when depth set to 0
A Sound Library Update 1.4 is available. This adds new Brass and Woodwind instruments with key-switchable articulations and fixes an issue with Trombone 2 Staccato not installed properly (available for ST4 MAX and Standard only)
Added a new key switch articulation instrument: Cuban Trumpet (available for ST4 MAX and Standard only)
richmn

Postby zzz00m » Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:26 pm

richmn wrote:So in case you don't check obsessively like I do...4.0.5 is available!

Added Tooltip display when hovering over the main bar icons
Added assigned note info for instruments with multiple articulations
Improved smooth scrolling in Library browser
Selecting “Load Instrument” now focuses on the corresponding Part number
Optimized character limit for Part/Note value input in virtual pads
Loading Syntronik Multis now remove previously loaded instruments on Parts 5-16
Fixed built-in Mod Wheel not sending MIDI CC values to assigned MIDI correctly
Fixed an issue with Pads Mode not reacting properly after recalling saved project
Fixed an issue with Auto Pan potentially affecting audio when depth set to 0
A Sound Library Update 1.4 is available. This adds new Brass and Woodwind instruments with key-switchable articulations and fixes an issue with Trombone 2 Staccato not installed properly (available for ST4 MAX and Standard only)
Added a new key switch articulation instrument: Cuban Trumpet (available for ST4 MAX and Standard only)

I never received an email from IK announcing the new update.

I saw it on another forum post.

I know I'm on their mailing list because I always get announcements for new products and forum notices for threads I'm following, like this one.
zzz00m

Postby tobyh » Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:00 am

I never received an email from IK announcing the new update.

My email arrived today at 7.14pm EST.
tobyh

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:27 pm

The email was sent out, if you do not receive emails (or specific ones) please let the support team know so they can assist you. Thanks!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Re: SampleTank 4 [and 4.0.5] Now Available!

Postby ski88keys » Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:00 pm

Peter, I am so excited about the KS in this update. I know this is something I have wanted. It would be awesome if IK could do KS for the organs. Maybe separate ones for jazz, rock, and funk, and any others that may be relevant.
- SampleTank 3 and 4 Max, Total Studio 3, Komplete Ultimate, Studio One 3 Professional, Cantabile, + various sound and effects plug-ins
- I7-4700MQ, 16GB RAM, Windows 10
- Kurzweil PC2, MKii 61, Focusrite 2i2
ski88keys

Postby integratron » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:11 pm

I wish SampleTank 4 was available on the current group buy... I'd be all over it!

Well, I guess I better get over it.

I could tell you a joke about a roof but I fear it would go over your head!
Amplitube/SampleTank/Syntronik/TrackS/Steinberg UR22/Win 10 Pro/Dell XPS8700/intel i7 /TB HDD/8Gb RAM - J S Bach, the Einstein of music - Listen to D. Scarlatti and my music here: https://www.magix.info/us/profile/my-profile/media/
integratron

Postby Ryan_IK » Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:06 pm

Hi Guys,

Couple of new developments! SampleTank 4.0.7 is out. Grab your downloads from My Products now.

Whats New:

• Fixed an issue that caused audio clicks when triggering note on
  • Fixed an issue with the Steel Drums Studio instrument
  • Fixed an issue with very short MIDI notes not triggering sound
  • Fixed an issue with the Flanger effect wet/dry control
  • Improved graphics compatibility with FL Studio
  • Optimized CPU usage when loading certain instruments in AAX
  • Optimized resampling algorithm DSP

Also, Sound on Sound did a review on SampleTank 4, check out the final verdict below and the full article here:

http://bit.ly/2Hyh3Wu

SampleTank 4's high-quality sounds and features aimed at the live context make for a great combination. If you need a broad palette of high-quality sounds within a single, easy-to-use package, it is undoubtedly a serious contender. It brings some significant improvements in features and sounds. As an easy-to-use, all-in-one sonic workhorse it remains a great choice for both studio and live use.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Re: SampleTank 4 [and 4.0.7] Now Available!

Postby drh11 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:37 am

It was stated that 4.0.7 "Optimized CPU usage when loading certain instruments in AAX." Does that mean that some instruments will just load faster in Pro Tools AAX or does it also mean that after they are loaded and you are playing the instruments that they will be less demanding of CPU resources.
drh11

Postby Ryan_IK » Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:36 am

drh11 wrote:It was stated that 4.0.7 "Optimized CPU usage when loading certain instruments in AAX." Does that mean that some instruments will just load faster in Pro Tools AAX or does it also mean that after they are loaded and you are playing the instruments that they will be less demanding of CPU resources.

Some instruments have been optimized to use less resources. They should load in a similar amount of time.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby syd4444 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:38 pm

I recently updated to ST4 4.07 and i'm not happy. I sorted the problem ages ago with ST4 not being able to find the path of an instrument only to find I'm back where I started. After updating to 4.07 ST4 it can't find the path to the instruments again. I sorted it the last time by re-downloading and re-installing the sound content. I can't do it this way this time because IK is asking for me to buy an activation credit. I have the sounds on my Mac but ST4 won't accept the path now. Has anyone else come across this problem?
syd4444

Postby zzz00m » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:45 pm

syd4444 wrote:I recently updated to ST4 4.07 and i'm not happy. I sorted the problem ages ago with ST4 not being able to find the path of an instrument only to find I'm back where I started. After updating to 4.07 ST4 it can't find the path to the instruments again. I sorted it the last time by re-downloading and re-installing the sound content. I can't do it this way this time because IK is asking for me to buy an activation credit. I have the sounds on my Mac but ST4 won't accept the path now. Has anyone else come across this problem?

You shouldn't need to re-install your sound content.

Just open ST4 Settings > Sound Content tab and work with that.

The most I have ever had to do to recover sound content after an update is to remove the sound content paths from ST4 settings and add them back.
zzz00m

PreviousNext

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More