SampleTank 4 [and 4.0.5] Now Available!

Syntronik, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik, Sonik Synth, SampleMoog, SampleTron, Xpansion Tank series and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Re: SampleTank 4 [and 4.0.4 + library updates] Now Available

Postby DarkStar » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:12 am

thebeeze111 wrote:I see there's a new update out. Before I take the tumble, can anyone confirm if I will lose all my my started samples when it loads? Thanks!

Can you clarify what you mean by "Started samples"?
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby thebeeze111 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:05 am

DarkStar wrote:Can you clarify what you mean by "Started samples"?

Meant to say "starred" as in all of the instruments that I've marked as favorites.
thebeeze111

Postby Sparkitus » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:19 pm

If I redownload to update to ST4 4.0.4 are the instruments all required to be redownloaded and updated as well?
Sparkitus

Postby garfy » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:24 pm

Hi Sparkitus and welcome to the forums.

There is no need to re-install any of the sound banks. The 4.0.4 update is purely for the app and shouldn't cause any changes to the sounds themselves, except any noted in the list of fixes.

You should ensure however that you have also installed the most up-to-date versions of the Instruments Installer (1.1) and the Sound Library Update (1.3)
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.13.6
Logic 10.4.5 Reason 8.3
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby syd4444 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:31 pm

I recently upgraded to 4.04 and it runs perfectly in stand alone mode but when I try to use it with Logic Pro X I now have a midi delay making it unplayable. I've tried changing the streaming settings but nothing gets rid of the delay. Has anyone else experienced this problem.
syd4444

Postby garfy » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:49 pm

Hello syd4444 and welcome to the forums.

I'm using 4.0.4 with Logic Pro X (specs in sig) and haven't experienced any increase in latency from the update.

Have you experimented with the buffer size, processing threads and processing buffer range? You should also make sure you have Multithreading switched to Playback & Live Tracks. All of these settings are in Logic Pro X>Preferences>Audio>Devices menu.

Hope that helps.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.13.6
Logic 10.4.5 Reason 8.3
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:51 pm

Yes, that sounds like a buffer size that is set too large on your audio interface/in your DAW for sure.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby thebeeze111 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:00 am

I'm now getting feedback since the update as well as delay. (Using Reaper). Tried to go into to ST4 plugin to check settings and it crashed my whole PC......

Media Buffer Size is 1200ms
Per Take Ui open is 200ms
Render ahead is 200 ms

Annnnnnnnnnd I lost all of my favorites.....
thebeeze111

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:30 pm

Please report this issue to IK Support as this is not the normal experience. The buffer settings don't crash here, so I'm sure they can assist you directly to find out what is happening on your system. They can be reached at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby syd4444 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:41 pm

This is very strange. I opened up a new blank template in Logic and ST4 4.04 works perfectly with no midi delays what so ever, however the project I was working on has serious midi delays and the settings are the same as the new blank template. It's not a serious problem as I can start the old project from scratch and transfer the midi files.
syd4444

Postby T.Schimmack » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:33 pm

Hi,

I startet with the initial release of ST4, right when it came out, with all it's problems in the beginning.
In the following days/weeks, I installed every ST4 updater, Library Updater, Instrument Installer 1.1, etc.

Still, until today, I have some problems.
I found out, some samples (from the ST4 synth, maybe some more, I haven't found yet) were not installed.

So I downloaded the whole 6 parts of the synth again.
That solved the problem.
I also found out that those 6 parts change a lot from the initial release (Mac installers).
Still 6 parts, but all different in name, size, content. So I started downloading the whole package of all installers again, to be sure having the latest installers on my drive for backup.
After installing this new synth pack, do I need to run the library updater 1.3 again?
Do I have to run the instrument installer 1.1 again?

Should I install everything again, to be 100% safe?
Should I run the Library updater after that?

What is the proper sequence of (re)installs I should make?

Right now, I installed 4.0.4, than ran the Instrument installer 1.1 once, and after that I re-installed just the synth (all 6 parts).
Some of the presets are still double (like some violins, but sometimes with different effects applied, some others are different in size, but same name). What's wrong there. I came from ST3, if that matters. And I had Syntronik and MP2 installed before, now installed CE in addition to that?
What does the instrument installer 1.1 actually do? I don't find the software anywhere?
Can I find out, if the integrity of everything is intact, without having to install it all over again?

Thank you for your help!

PS: I'd love to see an installer app, like many other manufactures have (Arturia, Native Instruments, UVI). Please!
T.Schimmack

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:40 pm

You shouldn't have to install everything again. However, I'd recommend working directly with IK Support who can take a deeper look into what's happening and your setup and get you the right advice and get you up and running quickly.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby artmus » Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:12 pm

I fully support T.Schimmack about the only application that will allow users to install, upgrade, register, etc. I also use software from Arturia, Native Instruments, UVI.
Such an application greatly saves time and nerves!
I recently purchased SampleTank 4 MAX and I feel I should wait.
artmus

Postby halfcack » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:44 pm

I would definitely wait and think.

One poster told me about an ssd hard drive would most probably be able to hold all the content so I went to talk to the Apple/Mac guys, out of four guys, the one who stays knows the most, the other three walk away.

I told him the size of the little SE. His eye opened wide. Obviously he was a musician, had high end programs and enormity of the little guy kind of set him back.

I was going with a poster that said a fast hard drive would hold the material but .....

I asked him about SSD's. He said a lot more expensive but a lot faster. I told him I thought it was the opposite. He said the SSD is a lot faster than a hard drive.

I went on about how to prepare. He said as long as it says Apple ready I was almost there.

I plugged it in and the hard drive immediately appeared on the desktop. I was chastised for not ejecting properly so I think I’m set.

I wanted to he able to preserve the sounds and program before the license runs out.

I have one problem I’m looking around for today. How to download everything directly to the SSD. There was no choice of drives.

There is something called dashboard software on the drive, My Passport, WD but I was hesitant to open it up until I know what it does.

At 4.04 already I am going to opt for waiting. I received an answer from support that extra drive will hold all content. Am I right to think that content means all sounds and not the program or otherwise.

The reason I said to wait is I never did anything drastic in my installs but I think I would rather start from a reset MackBook Air. I made the mistake of ordering only 128 gig.
halfcack

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:51 pm

There is no need to wait if you have proper storage. The USB versions that were shipped should not have installation issues, and if you have questions about the USB installation, IK Support will happily assist you further. The downloads and sound library updates available in your IK User Area will work very well. I have had a full SampleTank 4 MAX installation running smoothly since soon after release, and I downloaded all of the files - twice for two different machines - and each install went smoothly. It is a lot to keep track of but this is IK's largest release.

If you are waiting for a download manager, that is something discussed but will not materialize overnight. You can, however, now choose multiple files to download from your IK User Area. This works very well too.

The 4.0.4 update fixes issues that were reported where some users experience crashes, and it optimized resource usage.

In short, you are fine to install now and SampleTank 4.0.4 is smooth and full of amazing sounds. Don't miss out.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

PreviousNext

Return to SampleTank & Other Virtual Instruments