SampleTank 4 [and 4.0.8] Now Available!

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Re: SampleTank 4 [and 4.0.2 + library updates] Now Available

Postby rx8doc » Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:06 pm

did you check your output in settings it defaulted to windows when I installed
rx8doc

Postby DarkStar » Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:27 pm

garfy wrote:
SKmultimediaST@ wrote:Cannot locate Tank at path (the default path which I accepted at install) C:/Users/Public/Documents/IKMultimedia/SampleTank4/Samples/Acoustic Pianos/Samples/SampleTank4/Acoustic Pianos/the the name of the instrument I have chosen.

That is a really long pathway, which doesn't look quite right to me. Not saying it's got anything to do with the way you installed it. It just looks...quirky :?

As this is a user-to-user forum and not direct to IKM support and in case no one else chimes in here with advice or a solution, you should raise a ticket with IK official support here https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/

That was my first thought too. That default path name does not look right to me.

"C:/Users/Public/Documents/IKMultimedia/SampleTank4/Samples/Acoustic Pianos/Samples/SampleTank4/Acoustic Pianos/" is 112 characters long, and that's before the instrument name - maybe there is some upper limit? (why does 128 spring to mind?)

I would have installed onto another disk and expected something like:
"D:/IK Multimedia/SampleTank4/Samples/Acoustic Pianos/..."

Anyway, work with Technical Support and they will sort out the problem.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby silver-machine » Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:35 pm

Hi
I put Sampletank 4 on C/ drive and the pathway to all sounds on partition D/ drive . That's it.
It leaves the speed to C/ drive then. On D/ drive you have a folder for sampletank 4 and another for sampletank 3 which also houses older synth sounds
All works 100%.
All the Best
John :)
silver-machine

Postby SKmultimediaST@ » Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:38 pm

Thanks, all. I agree that the path doesn't look right, but it was the default offered by IK. I thought it would be safe to use it. I will try tech support
SKmultimediaST@

Postby dave_clark » Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:34 pm

Hi SKmultimediaST:

I have already addressed this issue above:

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=20634&start=360#p89620"

I also have already contacted Tech Support already regarding this issue. There is an extra "SampleTank 4" in the path which should not be there. You may also find that the guitars are not authorized, even with Update 1.2.

Regards,
Dave Clark
dave_clark

Postby SKmultimediaST@ » Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:33 pm

Hi Dave Clark,

Thanks for your reply. I have tried so many different ways to access these instruments.

Your link to:

There is an extra "SampleTank 4" in the assumed folder name for the location of samples ("...SampleTank 4\Samples\SampleTank 4...") which results in failure to find the samples for any instrument I tested. If you create the extra level and move each folder already under Samples into that extra level, it works; but this isn't the way things should be working.

I also have 2 instances of Sample Tank 4, but I did not set it up this way. I do not know where this 2nd instance came from. What do you mean "create the extra level?" I will probably have the same problem with guitars.

I have not yet heard from tech support. It really shouldn't be this difficult while running as a stand alone. I am pretty frustrated with this product!!

Thanks,

Steve
SKmultimediaST@

Postby dave_clark » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:28 pm

Hi Steve,

Notice that there is a "SampleTank 4" folder under the "Samples" folder in the error message. This folder didn't exist in actual fact on my machine. All of the instrument samples were in folders according to categories, these folders being placed into the Samples folder, essentially one level up from where the program is looking for them.

If you create a new "SampleTank 4" folder inside the "Samples" folder, in parallel with the categories folders, you can then select and drag each category folder (or all at once) and move them into this new folder. Then the program, which was undoubtedly set up unintentionally that way, can locate the samples.

You now probably have "...\Sampletank 4\Samples\<category>\...."

To find the samples, you need "...\Sampletank 4\Samples\Sampletank 4\<category>...."

However, IK Multimedia should fix this problem in the program, not require us all to relocate the samples which are probably exactly where they should be. My suggestion is just a workaround the addresses the error message, taking it literally. OK, I guess I'll put them where you're looking!

Regards,
Dave Clark
dave_clark

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:52 pm

This is not required under normal circumstances, I'm not sure what has caused it for you and anybody reporting it so it would be best to seek official support from IK Support so they can investigate what might be "tickled" under certain circumstances and fix it directly for those that reported it and if possible prevent it in cases where it might happen to others in the future.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Ryan_IK » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:04 pm

SKmultimediaST@ wrote:Hi Dave Clark,

Thanks for your reply. I have tried so many different ways to access these instruments.

Your link to:

There is an extra "SampleTank 4" in the assumed folder name for the location of samples ("...SampleTank 4\Samples\SampleTank 4...") which results in failure to find the samples for any instrument I tested. If you create the extra level and move each folder already under Samples into that extra level, it works; but this isn't the way things should be working.

I also have 2 instances of Sample Tank 4, but I did not set it up this way. I do not know where this 2nd instance came from. What do you mean "create the extra level?" I will probably have the same problem with guitars.

I have not yet heard from tech support. It really shouldn't be this difficult while running as a stand alone. I am pretty frustrated with this product!!

Thanks,

Steve

Hey Steve,

Go ahead and check in on your support ticket. While I see your ticket was opened today, and the team was working on getting back to you. I was able to bump the team for you to get you a faster reply. Stay tuned. They should have no troubles correcting any issues with your sound content path.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby dave_clark » Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:06 am

Peter_IK wrote:This is not required under normal circumstances, I'm not sure what has caused it for you and anybody reporting it so it would be best to seek official support from IK Support so they can investigate what might be "tickled" under certain circumstances and fix it directly for those that reported it and if possible prevent it in cases where it might happen to others in the future.

Hi Peter,

I'm not sure who you are replying to, but I posted twice in the original post that I had contacted Support, and Steve also indicated he had done so.

Regards,
Dave Clark
dave_clark

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:15 am

dave_clark wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:This is not required under normal circumstances, I'm not sure what has caused it for you and anybody reporting it so it would be best to seek official support from IK Support so they can investigate what might be "tickled" under certain circumstances and fix it directly for those that reported it and if possible prevent it in cases where it might happen to others in the future.

Hi Peter,

I'm not sure who you are replying to, but I posted twice in the original post that I had contacted Support, and Steve also indicated he had done so.

Regards,
Dave Clark

Then IK Support will be able to assist you directly. Please also note the guidelines at viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19505 with specific information about posting whilst you have an open support ticket. Edit to clarify - this is so once IK Support is working your issue, they'll be able to help you while in the mean time you may see suggestions here (and Ryan_IK or myself can give a bump if necessary to tickets if not answered within the normal timeframe) and the two will have the least potential for conflicting and making things worse.

This forum is not a medium for tech support, as posted there and in the forum rules linked atop each page.

Thanks!
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby davedeck » Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:45 am

I'm having the exact same problem with the extra SampleTank 4 in the path, but that folder doesn't exist. For some reason, the instruments for SampleTank 3 load just fine. I've been communicating with technical support, but the problem has not yet been resolved. I'm going to wait rather than attempt a workaround, although I was tempted to try it.
davedeck

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:46 am

davedeck wrote:I'm having the exact same problem with the extra SampleTank 4 in the path, but that folder doesn't exist. For some reason, the instruments for SampleTank 3 load just fine. I've been communicating with technical support, but the problem has not yet been resolved. I'm going to wait rather than attempt a workaround, although I was tempted to try it.

Yes, that is why the guidelines make certain suggestions and such. Best to let the official support folks work through issues to make sure they get fixed properly for you. Thanks!
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby thebeeze111 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:01 am

I had to manually move my files into the directory where sampletank 4 wanted them to be... Even though I set the program to read multiple directories where the files were. It didn't care. Still running into one here or there I may have missed and need to move.
thebeeze111

Postby dave_clark » Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:10 am

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the policy link. I'll post on KVR Audio in the future.

Regards,
Dave Clark
dave_clark

PreviousNext

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More