SampleTank 4 [and 4.0.8] Now Available!

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Re: SampleTank 4 [and 4.0.2 + library updates] Now Available

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:30 pm

halfcack wrote:Thank you.

You're welcome.

Please note that I do not yet have an exact date for this update nor do I know if there will be any sound library updates released at the same time. I will keep people updated on these items as I have more information.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby frankswift » Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:59 pm

My DAW, Ableton Live 10.0.6 crashes every time i try to add a second instance of SampleTank 4 to my track. I've run the 4.0.2 + Library Updates, but this doesn't seem to help.

I'm using regular VST and not VST3 as Ableton won't officially support this until version 10.1 is out of beta. I tried having a look, but so far haven't seen anyone post anything similar on the forums yet.

Does anyone have any ideas?
frankswift

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:37 pm

frankswift wrote:My DAW, Ableton Live 10.0.6 crashes every time i try to add a second instance of SampleTank 4 to my track. I've run the 4.0.2 + Library Updates, but this doesn't seem to help.

I'm using regular VST and not VST3 as Ableton won't officially support this until version 10.1 is out of beta. I tried having a look, but so far haven't seen anyone post anything similar on the forums yet.

Since crashing issues that were reported beforehand were fixed in 4.0.2 I would recommend opening a ticket with IK Support so they can see what's happening on your system, assess, and resolve it for you directly. Thank you.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby halfcack » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:09 pm

frankswift wrote:My DAW, Ableton Live 10.0.6 crashes every time i try to add a second instance of SampleTank 4 to my track. I've run the 4.0.2 + Library Updates, but this doesn't seem to help.

The only one I was made aware of is do not use it for midi playback. The instance will not be found and the track lost. The only sure fire way is old school. If you can load one instrument loaded, use it as a sound box and record it live to a daw.

It long and tiring but the track will sound livelier because it won’t be perfect. It won’t be repetitive and mechanical.

Keep doing it until you do it right. It is well worth it. It won’t be lost trying to find the vast and then even more obtuse putting the midi track together.

When midi first came out. A young studio owner, musician guy who took to it immediately. He tried to make me understand. I sort of did but I could do it live with a few tracks and sometimes I just can’t stop writing and get bored easily so I let a lot as is.

I was writing, with lyrics, ad lib music, one time through and upload it. A company who specialized in song count did the official number of songs each writer had put up at the end of the company. My count was 1579.

They weren’t good, just a hobby but when it hit, I did too.
halfcack

Postby dave_clark » Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:48 pm

Hi all,

I just wanted to document a problem I ran into which I did report to Support:

USB Drive version 4.0.2 and Win 10 Pro. Standalone mode (didn't check VST3 mode yet).

There is an extra "SampleTank 4" in the assumed folder name for the location of samples ("...SampleTank 4\Samples\SampleTank 4...") which results in failure to find the samples for any instrument I tested. If you create the extra level and move each folder already under Samples into that extra level, it works; but this isn't the way things should be working. This needs to be fixed. Instruments and Samples should work the same with regards to naming of folders.

Also, although Peter said that Update 1.2 fixes the non-authorization problem for guitars, this is not what happened in my case. The problematic guitars are still not authorized. Although the database was rebuilt when I attempted to run Update 1.2, and although it posted a message that the update succeeded, it ran so fast I'm suspicious that it didn't do anything other than tell ST4 that the database needs rebuilding.

And just to be clear, Update 1.2 didn't fix the extra-folder name problem. Again, I did report this to Support.

Regards,
Dave Clark
dave_clark

Postby vikialla » Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:37 am

Hi

I ordered Sampletank 4 MAX upgrade 27th of Feb and payed it with my Visa. But the order state remains still in progress, why are you not able to ship it? Also contacted support but so far no answers! This makes me feel a bit angry.. I have so many of your products, this will not have a good impact on my future purchases..
vikialla

Postby halfcack » Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:13 am

tkearneyone@gmail.com wrote:Peter - I don't know if this should be a bug or an enhancement request, but I'll report it here:

When you launch the standalone ST4 (at least on Windows), the UI does not get "focus". For example, if I have a web browser taking up a large portion of the screen, and start ST4 from a desktop icon, ST4 will be running BEHIND the browser window. This is confusing, at least.

ST3, AmpliTube4 and MP2 take focus (i.e., launch in front of the browser).

Syntronik, T-RackS 5, and MODO do NOT take focus.

Since I almost always use the VST plugins (in Reaper), this doesn't really bother me, but I thought I'd point it out.

Keep up the good work, Peter!

Tom
Hi, I got both ST4 and ST3 running as stand alone. I just put down 16 bars down to test other things.

I have the same problem with a MacBook Air. It was strange because it never happened to me before.

I didn’t think of reporting it but when I realized how hard it is to work with that way, I felt I had to at least support there are at least two instances of staying in front.

There is no way to minimize the window because that button is not there or faded so SP3 and 4 have to be dragged to the bottom.

I’ve used ST3 with GB for many years without an issue. I suppose the big version of GarageBand has thrown me a little.

GB will not save the midi setting which should point to ST4 or 3. It won’t record an audio file of the midi sample either. Instead GB substitutes an acoustic guitar in place of the ST recording.

GB normal setting is to record an audio track rather than a midi track and not save the midi file.

I’m not that familiar with the big version yet so I will check the settings using ST3, ST4 as a vst. Unfortunately that is my normal recording procedure.

I am wondering why, even with what I mentioned, GB did not save all, including the vst and loaded sample in this case ST3 and a guitar sample.
halfcack

Postby halfcack » Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:35 am

I spoke too soon on the save all memory of preset and midi file plus ST3.

I pulled it up and it had the midi and sample in the save without opening the vst which is pretty awesome.

How it does not need an instance of ST3 running is a huge time saver and and plus for me.

Thank you and sorry for the bad info.
halfcack

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:40 pm

vikialla wrote:Hi

I ordered Sampletank 4 MAX upgrade 27th of Feb and payed it with my Visa. But the order state remains still in progress, why are you not able to ship it? Also contacted support but so far no answers! This makes me feel a bit angry.. I have so many of your products, this will not have a good impact on my future purchases..

You should have received and email from what I have seen, as there was an issue with the shipping carrier but the USB sticks are shipping. Yours should also arrive soon, and please note that there were pre-orders that also would be shipping and those were placed anywhere from mid-December to the release date.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:41 pm

halfcack wrote:I spoke too soon on the save all memory of preset and midi file plus ST3.

I pulled it up and it had the midi and sample in the save without opening the vst which is pretty awesome.

How it does not need an instance of ST3 running is a huge time saver and and plus for me.

Thank you and sorry for the bad info.

Thanks for coming back to clear that up.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby rx8doc » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:36 pm

USB MAX stick, the sounds install stops at 63% "installer copies the files" and freezes. Windows pop up states usb drive error do you want to fix..help
rx8doc

Postby rx8doc » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:47 pm

SAMPLETANK 3 sounds freezes at 75%
rx8doc

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:14 am

rx8doc wrote:USB MAX stick, the sounds install stops at 63% "installer copies the files" and freezes. Windows pop up states usb drive error do you want to fix..help

This is not the normal behavior. Please report this to IK Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support if you have not already done so and they will diagnose and provide direct technical assistance. Thank you.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby SKmultimediaST@ » Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:57 am

I have recently installed ST4 from the usb, installed the libraries from the offered defaults, and cannot even get the standalone player to make any sound. I have selected 'Authorized Libraries' and every time I try to load an instrument, I get 'Instrument ST4 Error. Cannot locate Tank at path (the default path which I accepted at install) C:/Users/Public/Documents/IKMultimedia/SampleTank4/Samples/Acoustic Pianos/Samples/SampleTank4/Acoustic Pianos/the the name of the instrument I have chosen.

I have tired another one of my programs, an older version of Live, and there is sound and everything works fine.

I'm not a pro at this stuff, but I'm not a newbie either. The install of the program and the instruments seemed to go fine. I have used a number of different products, and never had a problem like this.

I have even un/reinstalled everything, and the same problem occurs. I am using Windows 10, and meet the system requirements. Can someone offer any suggestions, as my frustration level is pretty high.
SKmultimediaST@

Postby garfy » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:25 am

SKmultimediaST@ wrote:Cannot locate Tank at path (the default path which I accepted at install) C:/Users/Public/Documents/IKMultimedia/SampleTank4/Samples/Acoustic Pianos/Samples/SampleTank4/Acoustic Pianos/the the name of the instrument I have chosen.

That is a really long pathway, which doesn't look quite right to me. Not saying it's got anything to do with the way you installed it. It just looks...quirky :?

As this is a user-to-user forum and not direct to IKM support and in case no one else chimes in here with advice or a solution, you should raise a ticket with IK official support here https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

PreviousNext

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More