SampleTank 4 [and 4.0.8] Now Available!

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Re: SampleTank 4 [and 4.0.2 + library updates] Now Available

Postby rx8doc » Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:11 pm

My Sampletank 4 Max usb is on its way..thank you...

Should I remove ST3 and below since it is duplicated in sounds, as well as Miroslav and any expansion packs to free up room? Would a clean slate install be better than trying to point to existing folders if I have not changed anything? It will be running on a lappy with I7 cpu and 8gig mem and reside on the 500 gig ssd. So I think I need to make room.

Thanks in advance
rx8doc

Postby halfcack » Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:45 pm

I see that st4 will import from iOS.

I imported a song to see if the free TRS Apps were unlocked and working. After several tries it does. I am trying to track down where hiss is coming from with no analog source connected.

I embraced digital and never have touched a piece of analog gear because of the obvious.

As I think I’m aware of, digital has no hiss, period. I turned the mic off on the MacBook Air.

Where would hiss be coming from with no external source connected ?

I found the drop downs which says import from iOS. Is is possible to download the iOS samples into st4 as I gain more room by deletion ?

If that does work, which folder should they be in ?

I bought the Mac to use with st4 exclusively. Poor planning on my part to not check out the size of the real computer GarageBand. It contains just about all the gear I used in the ‘70’s only digital, that was a pleasant surprise.

Is there a way to make the descriptors of warm, low end, presence, etc, para, go away. I realize the value of musician shorthand in the studio but they are additive.

While I am looking for a good lead guitar sound, I get grand pianos sometimes.

If this column could be deleted it would simplify everything for me. If that can not be done is there a way to hide it or disable it completely ?

I would like to eliminate the middle column if at all possible.

All is still running as of yesterday. I was able to get a copy of a tune from iOS to the MacBook to use for a test on the TRS and it works great.

The graphics are outstanding throughout st4. There is only one problem, the color scheme is hard to read for me, is it possible to change to a black background with white lettering.

Thank you for your help. I appreciate all and thank you Peter once again for getting the don’t want to read the manual past quick start people, like me a shot at getting it working at all.
halfcack

Postby esierka » Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:56 pm

Is anybody else else having issues with intermittent audio dropouts or clicks. I have a powerful custom built DAW with SSD drives, 32Gig of RAM and literally Sampletank 4 MAX is the only VSTi or VST that has this issue. The moment I unload it every thing else works flawlessly. I’m wondering if this is a VST2 vs. VST3 issue. How do you tell which one is loaded both on the desktop and in my DAW (having the problem in both Studio One 4 and the latest version of Cakewalk.). And yes I have opened a support ticket this weekend but have not heard back yet and was just wondering if others have this issue. I have noticed that loading even a single instrument in ST4 causes a somewhat significant CPU hit - especially compared to other instruments like the latest version of Kontakt which barely touches the CPU. Can anyone help? You. It’s current state, ST4 Max is unusable in any practical sense.
esierka

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:09 pm

rx8doc wrote:My Sampletank 4 Max usb is on its way..thank you...

Should I remove ST3 and below since it is duplicated in sounds, as well as Miroslav and any expansion packs to free up room? Would a clean slate install be better than trying to point to existing folders if I have not changed anything? It will be running on a lappy with I7 cpu and 8gig mem and reside on the 500 gig ssd. So I think I need to make room.

Thanks in advance

No I would not remove SampleTank 3. SampleTank 4 is a completely new installation so it will not affect your ST3 projects. You can point it to your SampleTank 3 sound library location (since SampleTank 4 supports multiple sound libraries) and transition older projects before taking drastic measures of uninstalling SampleTank 3 itself.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:10 pm

esierka wrote:Is anybody else else having issues with intermittent audio dropouts or clicks. I have a powerful custom built DAW with SSD drives, 32Gig of RAM and literally Sampletank 4 MAX is the only VSTi or VST that has this issue. The moment I unload it every thing else works flawlessly. I’m wondering if this is a VST2 vs. VST3 issue. How do you tell which one is loaded both on the desktop and in my DAW (having the problem in both Studio One 4 and the latest version of Cakewalk.). And yes I have opened a support ticket this weekend but have not heard back yet and was just wondering if others have this issue. I have noticed that loading even a single instrument in ST4 causes a somewhat significant CPU hit - especially compared to other instruments like the latest version of Kontakt which barely touches the CPU. Can anyone help? You. It’s current state, ST4 Max is unusable in any practical sense.

No, this is not the typically experience. IK Support will assist you directly and troubleshoot specifically what is happening in your case in your ticket.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby lag » Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:11 pm

Ok, I downloaded and installed 4Max, and one new content set -Chromatic, to make sure everything in order. Authorized and opened with no problem . In browser, under ST3, all my old stuff appears to be there. But strangely enough, when I click on only ST4 sounds, it doesn’t find the new Chromatic stuff. I’ve tried placing the new content both on the computer (in different locations) and on a separate hard drive (each time changing paths and rescanning accordingly ) and I can’t get the Chromatic 4 sounds to show up.! Any ideas on what’s wrong? Some type of file structure issue? Thx
lag

Postby halfcack » Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:50 am

I haven’t had any issues with distorted or missing pieces in the sample.

I haven’t really gone through them yet. I do know I was kind of taken aback at the length of time each sample takes to load into st4. It really isn’t that long but it has to be the size of the sample.

I noticed a lot of guitars were missing. I would have preferred to have taken out Mriroslav, all voices and especially steel drums to get my guitars.

I did note in just a short listening test with all due respect to the gentleman who heads up the recording.

His search world wide for vintage gear brought up to new factory standards for each instrument was superior.

I may have lost too much high end, in fact I did, just because of age.

To me when sample quality got into the the 24 bit, 96 range is when the quality all started sounding the same to me.

I always took care of my hearing. I always stayed away from guitars, direct on stage amps, snares, crash cymbals, loud monitors but I am way down in high frequencies and have holes in other ranges. Still it will take a while to compare iOS to st4 which should be no contest.

I haven't done enough listening to say anything, I would be unfair at this point. I have mentioned the hiss I’m getting in other posts.

It may be the chaining of effects but somehow Jordan avoided any hiss.

He has sometimes 7, maybe more effects in series with his Geo Shred Pro app.

Nothing weird in the the st4 samples that I’ve heard at all.
halfcack

Postby alanwayne » Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:21 pm

I wanted to share something that may help other users. I have a computer with an Intel HD Graphics 5500 display adapter. After I installed SampleTank 4, the graphics were unreadable. More than half the screen was garbled although the functionality worked. I installed the latest driver from Intel and it corrected the problem. There's an Intel driver assistant program on their site that can help identify the latest drivers that are needed.

So, if you are having an issue like this it may not be SampleTank 4, but it's the graphics display adapter driver that needs to be updated.
alanwayne

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:15 pm

Added to the SampleTank 4 Status thread:

Added March 4 2019: ST3 Multi with Imported Legacy Instruments / Sample Fails to Load [will be fixed in 4.0.3]
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Tom Kearney » Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:47 pm

Peter - I don't know if this should be a bug or an enhancement request, but I'll report it here:

When you launch the standalone ST4 (at least on Windows), the UI does not get "focus". For example, if I have a web browser taking up a large portion of the screen, and start ST4 from a desktop icon, ST4 will be running BEHIND the browser window. This is confusing, at least.

ST3, AmpliTube4 and MP2 take focus (i.e., launch in front of the browser).

Syntronik, T-RackS 5, and MODO do NOT take focus.

Since I almost always use the VST plugins (in Reaper), this doesn't really bother me, but I thought I'd point it out.

Keep up the good work, Peter!

Tom
Tom Kearney

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:18 pm

tkearneyone@gmail.com wrote:Peter - I don't know if this should be a bug or an enhancement request, but I'll report it here:

When you launch the standalone ST4 (at least on Windows), the UI does not get "focus". For example, if I have a web browser taking up a large portion of the screen, and start ST4 from a desktop icon, ST4 will be running BEHIND the browser window. This is confusing, at least.

Since I almost always use the VST plugins (in Reaper), this doesn't really bother me, but I thought I'd point it out.

Tom

Thanks for the kind words!

That's odd, though, does it have the same behavior if you start from the Start Menu?
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Tom Kearney » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:33 pm

Peter_IK wrote:
tkearneyone@gmail.com wrote:Peter - I don't know if this should be a bug or an enhancement request, but I'll report it here:

Tom

Thanks for the kind words!

That's odd, though, does it have the same behavior if you start from the Start Menu?

Strange - the four apps NOT taking focus after double-clicking a desktop shortcut DO take focus when run from the start menu!

I'm beginning to think this is a LOW priority issue! It might have to do with the UI framework being used, since the "older" apps DO take focus always...

Tom
Tom Kearney

Postby halfcack » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:40 pm

Peter_IK wrote:Added to the SampleTank 4 Status thread:

Added March 4 2019: ST3 Multi with Imported Legacy Instruments / Sample Fails to Load [will be fixed in 4.0.3]
Hi Peter, will this mean another start from scratch or just an auto patch ?
halfcack

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:57 pm

halfcack wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:Added to the SampleTank 4 Status thread:

Hi Peter, will this mean another start from scratch or just an auto patch ?

You should never have to start from scratch. As with 4.0.2 users will install the new version which will patch their existing installation.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby halfcack » Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:21 pm

Thank you.
halfcack

PreviousNext

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More