SampleTank 4 [and 4.0.8] Now Available!

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Re: SampleTank 4 [and 4.0.2 + library updates] Now Available

Postby ExittheLemming » Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:08 pm

In response to silver machine's query above

When you are on the sound selection page, click on the 'show authorised libraries' drop down option from the library tab at top left

Then click on the folder icon (it will turn white) to recreate the original folder structure of your imported sounds:

ExittheLemming

Postby latorreccint » Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:45 pm

ExittheLemming wrote:In response to silver machine's query above

When you are on the sound selection page, click on the 'show authorised libraries' drop down option from the library tab at top left

Then click on the folder icon (it will turn white) to recreate the original folder structure of your imported sounds:

Where did you get Korg triton library? :o
latorreccint

Postby garfy » Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:06 pm

Kohtaro wrote:
I played C3-key of "12-string Harpsi" in ST4, and got strange sounds.
It's not strange in ST3, so I think it's same problem.
("12-string Harpsi" is acoustic guitar from ST2.5XL optimized for ST3)

Ok, there is something definitely weird with that preset here. Maybe something to do with the sample stretching to cover multiple notes. I'll put a ticket in and suggest you do the same.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby garfy » Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:10 pm

halfcack wrote:I made a huge mistake by getting 128 gig model of the MacBook. It was the first time I did not get an over abundance of memory.

I couldn’t load it all even though I deleted everything I could. So, my fault. I was hoping I could load it all on a usb stick but I found that can’t be done.

Unfortunately, a USB stick will not have the speed to handle sample streaming. You'll need an external TB or USB3 HD (at least 7200rpm) or SSD.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby flesken@operamail.com » Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:19 pm

silver-machine wrote:hi
I had that and what i did was to delete the paths in setup and add ST3 first and then ST4 and the downard arrows disappeared.
I have been downloading a couple of days now and nearly finished. Just taking my time.
I think that something happens when you download about half of the instruments and put more in later. The best thing is to delete and then add again.

The thing for me now is that i have noticed that all my old sampletank Synths were showing in the import Sampletank 3 and now that i have a load more sounds in ST4 they do not show as Sampletron, Samplemoog etc. They seem to be all mixed together and you choose those sounds by genre and types in the respective columns.
To prove this i typed in search and the sounds pop up.
So now do not think of old synths by there name but catagories, moods whatever.
can someone confirm that for me.

all the best
John

I have tried that, but still no solution, in fact now the library has the locked symbol. Frustrating
flesken@operamail.com

Postby zzz00m » Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:22 pm

flesken@operamail.com wrote:
I had that and what i did was to delete the paths in setup and add ST3 first and then ST4 and the downard arrows disappeared.
I have been downloading a couple of days now and nearly finished. Just taking my time.
I think that something happens when you download about half of the instruments and put more in later. The best thing is to delete and then add again.

The thing for me now is that i have noticed that all my old sampletank Synths were showing in the import Sampletank 3 and now that i have a load more sounds in ST4 they do not show as Sampletron, Samplemoog etc. They seem to be all mixed together and you choose those sounds by genre and types in the respective columns.

all the best
John

I have tried that, but still no solution, in fact now the library has the locked symbol. Frustrating

Make sure that you have installed the 4.0.2 update and the latest library update. And have run the IK Authorization Manager with all of your serials.
zzz00m

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:38 pm

zzz00m wrote:
flesken@operamail.com wrote:

all the best
John

Make sure that you have installed the 4.0.2 update and the latest library update. And have run the IK Authorization Manager with all of your serials.

If these suggestions do not work, you are having an issue that IK Support will need to troubleshoot with you specifically based on your system information and other specific information and they will happily do so at the link in my signature.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby lag » Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:42 pm

Because I just don’t have the time to read the mind boggling, sometimes contradictory, number of posts on this and other sites about ST 4, I’m hoping that Peter and/or some other kind souls can answer a few hopefully simple questions I have before deciding whether to purchase. My apologies if they have been asked and/or answered before.
1. Does ST4 overwrite ST3 on the same computer?
2. Will ST4’s new features like arpeggiator, browser changes etc work with ST3 sounds?
3. Is the answer to No 2 the same for ST2 sounds, if they have already been imported into ST3 format?
4. Do I need to re-download the ST3 sounds from ST4, or can I simply point ST4 to my ST3 sound folder also? On a similar note, if the new instrument list tells me there are e.g.no new strings in ST4, is it sufficient to have just pointed ST4 also to my ST3 sound folder, or do I have to copy them into my ST4 folder as well?
5. Will ST3 read the new ST4 libraries, albeit without the new features contained in ST4?
Thx!!
lag

Postby zzz00m » Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:26 pm

lag wrote:Because I just don’t have the time to read the mind boggling, sometimes contradictory, number of posts on this and other sites about ST 4, I’m hoping that Peter and/or some other kind souls can answer a few hopefully simple questions I have before deciding whether to purchase. My apologies if they have been asked and/or answered before.
1. Does ST4 overwrite ST3 on the same computer?
2. Will ST4’s new features like arpeggiator, browser changes etc work with ST3 sounds?
3. Is the answer to No 2 the same for ST2 sounds, if they have already been imported into ST3 format?
4. Do I need to re-download the ST3 sounds from ST4, or can I simply point ST4 to my ST3 sound folder also? On a similar note, if the new instrument list tells me there are e.g.no new strings in ST4, is it sufficient to have just pointed ST4 also to my ST3 sound folder, or do I have to copy them into my ST4 folder as well?
5. Will ST3 read the new ST4 libraries, albeit without the new features contained in ST4?
Thx!!

1. no
2. yes
3. don't have ST2, so would only be guessing on the feature functionality
4. no ST3 downloads needed; yes - no need to copy anything, as ST4 allows for simply pointing multiple sound content paths.
5. haven't tried, but I doubt it. There are two sample playback engines in ST4, one for the ST3 sample content, and one for the new ST4 content. So ST3 itself would be lacking that ST4 sample format playing engine.
zzz00m

Postby hugoagogo » Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:49 pm

lag wrote:3. Is the answer to No 2 the same for ST2 sounds, if they have already been imported into ST3 format?

All my ST2 sounds appear to be functional with arpeggiator, etc.
hugoagogo

Postby lag » Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:51 pm

Thanks, guys.
lag

Postby silver-machine » Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:52 pm

hi
If you see locked icons ,go to top of that section and use the drop down

Show all instruments
show authorized plugins
OR--Not-- that will show locked icons.

I have found out that the Effects did not work on imported old synth like Sonic Synth ,Samplemoog etc.

They do work .----When you go to the effects the green light shows on and they do not work.
Just press the green light on and off and the all works just fine.
No crashes to report yet and all looks hunky dory at the moment.
All the old synths integrate into the catagory lists and do not show the names of the Synths anymore. The sounds are all there and you can use search.

All the Best
John
silver-machine

Postby dlgebert » Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:34 pm

silver-machine wrote:No crashes to report yet and all looks hunky dory at the moment.

John,

Great news that MAX is working well for you at the moment... I know it's been a long road... :) I reformatted my IMac from scratch again (not related to this upgrade) and I'll be starting the journey again soon, but with a lot more experience this time around. :D

Dave
dlgebert

Postby halfcack » Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:53 pm

Overnight, both have self repaired.

I had to leave voices completely out to make room to get downloads in. Each package I also had to delete after the sounds were in.

Both sp3 and sp4 have functionality now. I miss the simplicity of iOS st3 but when I expand it sp4, it is functional and operational.

I appreciate the suggestion of going through the sounds and deleting them for the reasons I will never use them. I didn’t download steel drums because I’ve never used a single steel drum patch in my life. The same for voices, I never used a voice patch in my life.

The only difference in last nights cleaning was I opened it as a disc image. I don’t even know what that means.

I have never been a rave, same chord, endlessly person. So basically all I will use ST4 for is a stand-alone for GarageBand. At this point other that that I have enough digital recorders to last forever.

I have not been a midi person or a tweaker either so I would be questioning my sanity if the price wasn’t so low.

So, I don’t have any complaints at all.
halfcack

Postby silver-machine » Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:47 am

Hi
Really for everyone It should be load up Sampletank 4 on C drive
I have my sounds on D drive as my I7 win 10 computer is partioned and i want to keep the C drive at optimum.
So all i needed was a blank folder for ST3 and a folder for ST4. on D drive

Go through all downloads and extract taking your time.
I made sure my ST 3 and older Synths were installed in the ST3 folder and ST4 is for what is obvious. Everything should be fine from thereon.Then use the sound update.
Everthing is just a little long winded,that's all. I probably will not use some sounds and it will take me time to find any rogue sounds if any.
I would advise anyone with and older computer and less than 8 gig ram to go out and get a decent computer future proofing for at least 5 years. Also disable anti- virus programs whilst working
I can tell you it pays off as i have learned through experience.

All the best
John

Ps I have stacked 6 synths and Sampletank has not fallen over yet which surprised me as I have had past niggles. For me using Cubase i would just use up to four sounds at max per track rather than using Sampletank as a Daw.
Hope some of this helps as I was all over the place when i purchased Sampletank 3.
silver-machine

PreviousNext

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More