SampleTank 4 [and 4.0.8] Now Available!

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Re: SampleTank 4 [and 4.0.2 + library updates] Now Available

Postby frama78 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:01 pm

I still have the issue, that almost all of the Instruments are not recognized in ST4(Std).

frama78

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:38 pm

If you are having problems seeing installed and authorized instruments, please make sure you've installed the sound library updates that were available yesterday and SampleTank 4.0.2 from your IK User Area and then if the issue persists please open a ticket with IK Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support

If you feel you are not sure whether you've installed everything (though you will have it all once you've installed all of the sound library installers from your IK User Area) you can see the list of what is with each version at https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/st4/#sounds and if you are still unsure please contact http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:39 pm

silver-machine wrote:Hi
I have got past the guitars now and have about 20% to load all up
I have meticuously loaded each section under adminsistrator.
My library has updated and i checked to see if all ok
Now most of the sections displayed have a downward arrow and if i click on them it leads me to the Ik Multimedia site not my instruments downloaded even when i clicked on show authorizations and all.What is going on here??
This is such a pain method of putting instruments in your program.
We are paying customers and we are being treated like beta testers in my opinion

You are not beta testers, and the support team is available for help if you run into issues.

There was a short list of verified global issues (which also included some non-global issues) that have all been fixed at this point. If you encounter any more specific issues IK Support is available for official help and support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support

Also, did IK Support make a recommendation directly to install and/or run as Administrator? That should not be necessary in any current versions of IK products (and for years at this point) unless very specifically and officially suggested.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:42 pm

Also note that many issues with instrument availability seem to be related to folks installing the SampleTank 4 libraries into their SampleTank 3 sound library location which is most definitely not recommended. If you've done this, please open a ticket so the team can help you get back to normal and up and running with SampleTank 4.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:55 pm

ExittheLemming wrote:The new acoustic drum kits in ST4 Max are all excellent but I cannot see menu items available to route the individual kit sections to separate outputs (like those provided for the Peart, Bozzio and Cobham kits etc in ST3?)

Now that the editing has been expanded, to do this you'd want to edit the kit, set the zone to the part(s) you'd like to have separated, and save that as your own preset. So you could do this and select only hi hats, or only toms, etc using the zone functionality.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby halfcack » Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:43 pm

I guess I spoke to soon. I was very positive at the start to keep a war from breaking out but now March 1, I feel a bit different.

I now understand how stressful it must be to not have the time to go through the process more than once.

I can not find any clear list of steps to take a freshly reset Mac Air and not have it work. I usually am respectful of this but I lost that, I do have the time.

I went to a factory fresh clean ssd so there would be no problems. I was not notified by email that a new version was available but did get all the ads for i loud monitors, uno synths, etc.

I want to apologize to any I have offended with my sure let’s go to Mars attitude. I am sorry.

I went through all the problems everyone else did but did a complete tedious reinstall with the same results, time after time. When I found out about the new updates I was at three bad installs.

Finding out about the update I did another wipe. On the new version, I am at three complete re-installs. I read about a MAC software being a problem. My MacBook Air is set on auto update but I will manually update right now.

I guess I don’t understand why a quick start manual with clear step by step way to install, plus a cut and paste path or you will hear nothing. There has to be an order to things, I think.

With the new update I have had the same results scraping up steps from the net and users here on the steps required to at least hear something. Even with trying to use these steps I found one sentence that said to install the pre install update for opening the files first.

I managed to get a loud analog hiss which took me back to my expensive analog days but that was it.

No bad feelings here. I did find that the sounds from my iOS SampleTank 3 that I liked so much are missing from ST4, all guitar sounds. One good thing the MacBook Air recognized the WIDI bud immediately.

I will update if I get some positive results. Meanwhile I will take the blame for not understanding what I’m doing because I read many have been up and running and I can’t even hear one note. Some day.
halfcack

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:59 pm

The "new installs" were not a complete new set of sound library downloads. There were application/plugin updates (and we do announce them here and on social media if you do not get email updates of the m) and some sound library updates that were much smaller than the original set of sound library download (by quite a lot).

There is also a sticky SampleTank 4 Status thread that was created to keep people notified of problems and fixes.

If you'd like more direct assistance with your installations please let IK Support provide official help at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support and I'm sure you can get up and running with their assistance.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby silver-machine » Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:15 am

Hi peter
I have used administrator for all parts installed.
I have now found out that just rescanning can lose your other Instrument sections.
I deleted the two directories in settings that being Sampletank 3 and 4
Re-pointed them and rescanned all all shows up.
it is hard to keep it altogether as there is loads to download and it takes ages .
So you have to sit there and think sometimes what you are doing, you are always thinking that you have missed something. I have been at It on and off all day and still not finished.
No crashes yet and looks rock solid at the momentt , but i will have to touch wood now!! :shock: :D
There is enough In this program to keep you busy for a lifetime. The sounds are pristine.

All the best
john
Last edited by silver-machine on Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
silver-machine

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:17 am

Always touch wood! Wait, that sounded "off" but you know what I mean.

Better perhaps to go back to PROST!

IK Support can definitely assist, though, if anybody is unsure about what they have installed etc.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby silver-machine » Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:25 am

Cheers!!
silver-machine

Postby tommy@paabel.ee » Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:31 am

I surfed through the sounds yesterday to delete sounds and samples I don't need and make some more room to my Mac. With 4.02 I still found lot of broken instruments. Most of them were ST2 sounds. In lower and mid register they play as needed, but the upper part is corrupted (sound is distorted as if it has a wrong loop-point)
tommy@paabel.ee

Postby Kohtaro » Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:41 am

garfy wrote:
tommy@paabel.ee wrote:
krisindia wrote:Just wondering why some sounds from ST3 sound distorted in ST4, especially the Woodwinds. Is this some software glitch or some settings to be done?

Some of the sounds are distorted in higher notes. So not the full register is distorted, but only the upper octave

Can you give me a couple of specific examples to try.

I played C3-key of "12-string Harpsi" in ST4, and got strange sounds.
It's not strange in ST3, so I think it's same problem.
("12-string Harpsi" is acoustic guitar from ST2.5XL optimized for ST3)
Kohtaro

Postby halfcack » Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:48 am

Some good news but a mixed bag.

I successfully loaded ST3. It worked great. The sounds do not seem to be as good as the iOS version which made zero sense.

I started to do ST4. All went well and I made a list of what I thought would make it work.

Well, it did. I loaded a sample and it played.

I made a huge mistake by getting 128 gig model of the MacBook. It was the first time I did not get an over abundance of memory.

I couldn’t load it all even though I deleted everything I could. So, my fault. I was hoping I could load it all on a usb stick but I found that can’t be done.
halfcack

Postby flesken@operamail.com » Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:07 am

I have ST4 MAX, and the MP2CE library shows the down arrow symbol. I have downloaded the files, installed in the suggested path, but still the down arrow symbol is showing. When I'm clicking on the library I'm redirected to the website again.
flesken@operamail.com

Postby silver-machine » Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:38 am

hi
I had that and what i did was to delete the paths in setup and add ST3 first and then ST4 and the downard arrows disappeared.
I have been downloading a couple of days now and nearly finished. Just taking my time.
I think that something happens when you download about half of the instruments and put more in later. The best thing is to delete and then add again.

The thing for me now is that i have noticed that all my old sampletank Synths were showing in the import Sampletank 3 and now that i have a load more sounds in ST4 they do not show as Sampletron, Samplemoog etc. They seem to be all mixed together and you choose those sounds by genre and types in the respective columns.
To prove this i typed in search and the sounds pop up.
So now do not think of old synths by there name but catagories, moods whatever.
can someone confirm that for me.

all the best
John
silver-machine

PreviousNext

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More